Autos Under A Mars Hydro FC 4800: Soilless & FN Fertilizer, By Farside05

3 posts and into Argo? You're on the right track my friend. Unfortunately, you have less than 50 posts so you can't private message, and me posting links to my spreadsheet in my thread is highly frowned upon. I don't know how I can get you the information you desire at this point other than me computing it and posting a screenshot.
Ya I've been viewing for a long time, just now started to join. No wories.hopefully you can help with the elemental tabs. The I'll try to play with ratios once I know it calculating correct. Will share once done to see if it meets your approval !!

Hello Farside. So before i try to make an RO mix, i first made a run at trying to duplicate the FN ratios using the elemental tab on your spreadsheet. Coming close but I must have a few ratios off. Can you check the proportions in the 2 screen shot and see where I'm off ? Specifically the Mg, sulfur, and NH4.

Thanks

FN Micros.jpg

FN-SI FN-A FN-B.jpg

Some of the elemental numbers are off. Example: Ammonium Calcium Nitrate is 14.5% Nitrate and 1% Ammoniacal. Magnesium Nitrate's Magnesium content is 9.6% vs the 25.6% you have in the inputs. That's why you're off a bit in those areas.

So if I were making a set of products targeting 15% Ammoniacal to total Nitrogen, and extra Calcium and Magnesium to make up for RO, it would probably look something like the chart below. FN Silica and FN Micros are stock products that I do not change. I just play with FN A and FN B to get to my targets. In this case I dropped the Ammonium Sulfate from FN B because I'm not needing the extra Ammoniacal Nitrogen source, and switched to Magnesium Sulfate instead. As an added bonus, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salts) are a lot cheaper than Ammonium Sulfate. Lastly I tweaked the weights to get to the ppm goals.

Some of the elemental numbers are off. Example: Ammonium Calcium Nitrate is 14.5% Nitrate and 1% Ammoniacal. Magnesium Nitrate's Magnesium content is 9.6% vs the 25.6% you have in the inputs. That's why you're off a bit in those areas.

So if I were making a set of products targeting 15% Ammoniacal to total Nitrogen, and extra Calcium and Magnesium to make up for RO, it would probably look something like the chart below. FN Silica and FN Micros are stock products that I do not change. I just play with FN A and FN B to get to my targets. In this case I dropped the Ammonium Sulfate from FN B because I'm not needing the extra Ammoniacal Nitrogen source, and switched to Magnesium Sulfate instead. As an added bonus, Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salts) are a lot cheaper than Ammonium Sulfate. Lastly I tweaked the weights to get to the ppm goals.

That is awesome Farside !! Appreciate all the effort to get this put together !!!
So this works out to a NPK of 3.9-1-4.9 and a total N of 163.
NH4 is 13.3% of total N
NO3 is 86.7% of total N
Ca to Mg ratio of 2.2
Total Ca and Mg of 149
N to S ratio of about 4
Total P of 42

I'm just tired of buying nutes all the time and really ready to make my own. This will allow me to do so !! I'll keep you posted on the next grow !

Thanks for the help !!

That is awesome Farside !! Appreciate all the effort to get this put together !!!
So this works out to a NPK of 3.9-1-4.9 and a total N of 163.
NH4 is 13.3% of total N
NO3 is 86.7% of total N
Ca to Mg ratio of 2.2
Total Ca and Mg of 149
N to S ratio of about 4
Total P of 42

I'm just tired of buying nutes all the time and really ready to make my own. This will allow me to do so !! I'll keep you posted on the next grow !

Thanks for the help !!

If you're seriously going to go though with it and buy all the powders, I can help you out. The chelated micros are a big upfront cost and you use so little per gallon of concentrate. A pound of many of the micros can make a decade worth of nutes. I'm willing to send you an ounce or so of each so that you make about 3 gal of concentrate.

What medium are you gonna grow in?

If you're seriously going to go though with it and buy all the powders, I can help you out. The chelated micros are a big upfront cost and you use so little per gallon of concentrate. A pound of many of the micros can make a decade worth of nutes. I'm willing to send you an ounce or so of each so that you make about 3 gal of concentrate.

What medium are you gonna grow in?
Made the changes to the ratios and got the spreadsheet to duplicate your original FN nutes. So now know that it is working. Then used the amounts and alternate product to get the RO mix correct. Can play with the ratios a bit now if needed. Again,thanks for the help\direction.

Thanks but I have a growing buddy and we are just going to split the initial cost just like we do for seeds. Appreciate the offer !

Have grown in them all soil, super soil,coco,and peat. Prefer the peat to coco due to my occasional travel needs and time away. I will of course use Faux-mix for upcoming grow. Will place order at Green way later this week.

Day 38

I keep manipulating the leaders a bit every day. Today the new bedspread came in too adding a bit more color to the lab. Wife is giving me grief because now I'm chillaxin back there all the time with my new sound system. It sounds better than her snoring :rofl:

Like the shrubery next to the bed ! Is is a memorial to one of your recent ladies !!

Whoa those are outta control, in a very controlled way!

Controlled Chaos. Moving things around for watering is a game of Tetris, but at least they're all the square blocks. Happy this batch has all basically stayed the same height. No stacking of risers or bibles necessary.

How you like that drying rack and how long do u keep them in it. U hang them few days and stick them in rack . I'm curious for my ben

Everything goes on the rack, smaller bud, good sized nugs, colas. There's no hard and fast rule on how long it's there. All depends on the relative humidity in the lab. This last batch, the humidity was 62% in the lab all week, so they sat there for a week before going in turkey bags for burping, then 2 gal buckets with Humipacks for curing. Sometimes they're only on the rack for 3 days if the humidity in the lab is low. I try to pull them when I think they're 62-65% then slow the process in the bags.

Everything goes on the rack, smaller bud, good sized nugs, colas. There's no hard and fast rule on how long it's there. All depends on the relative humidity in the lab. This last batch, the humidity was 62% in the lab all week, so they sat there for a week before going in turkey bags for burping, then 2 gal buckets with Humipacks for curing. Sometimes they're only on the rack for 3 days if the humidity in the lab is low. I try to pull them when I think they're 62-65% then slow the process in the bags.
Yeah I like hearing other ways doing it. Trying to find way I like the best

Day 38

I keep manipulating the leaders a bit every day. Today the new bedspread came in too adding a bit more color to the lab. Wife is giving me grief because now I'm chillaxin back there all the time with my new sound system. It sounds better than her snoring :rofl:

Ohhhh I had that poster in the 80s! Is it live or .... just really good weed ;)

OK, my first attempt at dry ice hash was an epic failure. Ended up salvaging something going the bubble hash method. 2nd attempt was more fruitful. I'm sure further attempts will be even better. It's a learning curve. My first grow sucked too. My biggest issue at this point is that I may have to do it solo. Son is allergic to pollen and the dry ice method stuffed him up bad

Piles are bubble hash of Bruce Banner and Tropicana Cookies Purple . Pressed pucks are Dry ice Hash of Gelato and Zkittlez..

Back
Top Bottom