B0rk Goes RDWC - 3 Strains 550W LED Indoor

well this just annoys me. This 60$ ph pen is going back! I just find it rude the pen and strips were wrong.. ah well.. at least I can use this monitor in comfort knowing it's right!

full

which I have a lot of lol

full

I dislike preaching products but this I do like as it's probe is replaceable. The probe needs to sit in the water for at least a minute, to acclimate temp for accurate readings. I went with a pH probe style monitor but left TDS to my Bluelabs Truncheon that needs NO CALIBRATION and temps to a 5$ aquarium floating thermometer and one stuck to the bottom of the res as well ;) bcuz 2 temps are better than one. I've been using a Futureharvest nutridip pH meter for years on the same probe, still accurate when kept clean and stored properly. If it doesn't give the same reading as your test strips, send her back ! lol strips don't lie!

As for feeding/topping up GH has two schedules,
1 is topping up with full str solution to keep res full, changing when the solution gets too "HOT" for the plants (1600+tds)

or

2 is fill the RDWC with nutrient solution and add plain water until you add as much water at the res contains, then change to fresh nutrient solution.

for the blue mammoth, let it take its time getting up ! if you covered the hole on the top of the rooter plug, uncover it and let some air get in there as well as light !
a seedlings food supply is limited and it needs air and light as soon as those cotyledons can spread.

I dislike preaching products but this I do like as it's probe is replaceable. The probe needs to sit in the water for at least a minute, to acclimate temp for accurate readings. I went with a pH probe style monitor but left TDS to my Bluelabs Truncheon that needs NO CALIBRATION and temps to a 5$ aquarium floating thermometer and one stuck to the bottom of the res as well ;) bcuz 2 temps are better than one. I've been using a Futureharvest nutridip pH meter for years on the same probe, still accurate when kept clean and stored properly. If it doesn't give the same reading as your test strips, send her back ! lol strips don't lie!

As for feeding/topping up GH has two schedules,
1 is topping up with full str solution to keep res full, changing when the solution gets too "HOT" for the plants (1600+tds)

or

2 is fill the RDWC with nutrient solution and add plain water until you add as much water at the res contains, then change to fresh nutrient solution.

for the blue mammoth, let it take its time getting up ! if you covered the hole on the top of the rooter plug, uncover it and let some air get in there as well as light !
a seedlings food supply is limited and it needs air and light as soon as those cotyledons can spread.

I always though light killed roots.. I will check on it later this afternoon and see if it's moved around at all.. thanks for the res info.. I'm going to go with the res top off till it gets to much then drain.

As for the strips.. they're in the garbage.. they are now saying my 6.6ph is a 4 something.. bah! I ordered me some GH Ph solution to test with moving forward.. this whole PH ordeal has me annoyed to say the least.. but as I said before.. glad I figured it out before the roots started sucking up the juice! =)

Light and roots do not mix, that is true.
The light and air needs to hit the leaves not the root which is usually driving straight downwards, usually a none issue if kept moist and planted at the right depth.
But that little girl looks like she hasn't had the time to push up enough to sprout. More time in the dome might do the trick for her.

As for the strips thats really odd.. Never had an issue with strips having such a range :S
The meter says the temps and ppm are fine? I'd almost check the ph probes expiry date, usually printed on the wire close to the plug end. Although my probe is old and works fine, just a thought.

Light and roots do not mix, that is true.
The light and air needs to hit the leaves not the root which is usually driving straight downwards, usually a none issue if kept moist and planted at the right depth.
But that little girl looks like she hasn't had the time to push up enough to sprout. More time in the dome might do the trick for her.

As for the strips thats really odd.. Never had an issue with strips having such a range :S
The meter says the temps and ppm are fine? I'd almost check the ph probes expiry date, usually printed on the wire close to the plug end. Although my probe is old and works fine, just a thought.

hoping so =)

I'm sitting on a Res with
320ppm700
6.6ph
67ºF

Trying to get it down to 6.2 but I'm doing it slowly as it take a few mins to circulate.. Also reading up on ppm / CF / EC and getting lost in google.. the joys of the grow!

Prop the top of the Blue Mammoth's rooting plug open to allow some light to get down to the cotyledon. She needs the energy to continue her push. The next time you pop a Blue Mammoth seed you might try planting it only 1/4" under the surface.

Things are looking good, B0rk. Is your water from a well or from the city? If it's from the city you can call the water dept and they can tell you everything you need to know about your water; pH, chlorine or chloramine, grains of hardness, and mineral composition.

Things are looking good, B0rk. Is your water from a well or from the city? If it's from the city you can call the water dept and they can tell you everything you need to know about your water; pH, chlorine or chloramine, grains of hardness, and mineral composition.
looked that up this morning.. city report.. yup.. the bluelab is right

blue mammoth just is not liking me.. ah well... ill pop a girl scout cookie seed into germ amd be done wid it.

other two are still alive so thats a + lol .. watering from the top with res water morning and night.. got the new air pump in and ph is now stable..

Did you give up on the BM? Couldn't even get a turtle head popping out? :)
If she's still going you could always drop her in the dirt and let her ride it out with the RDWC plants for a while.
ya.. the head fell off.. my guess is rot. ah well. I did three gsc before and had a fun grow.

Back
Top Bottom