B0rk Goes RDWC - 3 Strains 550W LED Indoor

. poor babies, you're already chopping them up!

Think about your plants being humans. For them to get anywhere they need feet first. Let the roots grow some feet so they can travel around your grow space . Then mutilate the shit out of them hahaha

Most people wait till they have between 4-6 nodes or sets of leaves. Let's the plants establish themselves before copping damage

They all look nice and healthy b0rker.:welldone:

I still think you've topped a little early. You barely have your third set of true leaves and your roots although looking good are not well established yet. Probably not a critical event but might set you back a couple of days.
Im with you Dawg. When you trim the meristem it seriously effects the tap root. That's one of the reasons its done later in life... so the changes are spread out amongst more plant material.

The big problem with doing it real early is if one of the branches don't make it. Doing it at this age you will only have 4. It will make for some really nice low hung plants to start training and playing with like Vex did with Catalina.

It's not fun unless you take a risk right? =) the plants are looking great.. just unzipped and took a peek after a long weekend.. they have certainly grown!

0211181635.jpg
0211181635a.jpg
0211181635b.jpg

Girl Scout Cookie now has some roots outta the pot.. Plants all have roots!

0212181733_HDR.jpg

All three are looking great.

0212181733.jpg

The one I nipped
0212181734.jpg
I may nip again tomorrow to allow more to get through.. (just at the top where the two fan leaves are so I have 3 nodes (6 stalks)

I'll hit the middle one in a few days.. or maybe I'll let her grow untouched just to compare with the right plant. one thing I will say.. not having to water is AMAZING. Free's up so much time to enjoy..

One thing I did have to do today was turn on the Chiller.. water got up to 73°F but now is 70° ph is setting at 6.0 and the PPM is 380-400. I'll do a res change at the end of the week. or maybe I'll just top off as if the ppm doesn't go down.. that means they're not eating.. I mean they're still newish so they have a lot of goodies in the water to eat.

All for tonight! =)

Girl Scout Cookie now has some roots outta the pot.. Plants all have roots!

0212181733_HDR.jpg

All three are looking great.

0212181733.jpg

The one I nipped
0212181734.jpg
I may nip again tomorrow to allow more to get through.. (just at the top where the two fan leaves are so I have 3 nodes (6 stalks)

I'll hit the middle one in a few days.. or maybe I'll let her grow untouched just to compare with the right plant. one thing I will say.. not having to water is AMAZING. Free's up so much time to enjoy..

One thing I did have to do today was turn on the Chiller.. water got up to 73°F but now is 70° ph is setting at 6.0 and the PPM is 380-400. I'll do a res change at the end of the week. or maybe I'll just top off as if the ppm doesn't go down.. that means they're not eating.. I mean they're still newish so they have a lot of goodies in the water to eat.

All for tonight! =)
Schwazz those things. That'll teach em.

I'll do a res change at the end of the week. or maybe I'll just top off as if the ppm doesn't go down.. that means they're not eating.. I mean they're still newish so they have a lot of goodies in the water to eat.

If your water level is dropping and your ppm's are rising then your feeding to heavy.

If your water level is dropping and your ppm's are dropping then your not feeding enough.

If your water level is dropping and your ppm's don't change then your feeding at the correct amount.

If your water level is dropping and your ppm's are rising then your feeding to heavy.

If your water level is dropping and your ppm's are dropping then your not feeding enough.

If your water level is dropping and your ppm's don't change then your feeding at the correct amount.
If your water level and PPM stay the same it means you pulled off too many leaves and should plan a funeral

If your water level is rising and your ppm's ......shit who care's.... Get a mop

Ok so I just added 4g of water which bumped the scale from 150 to 200 so 50cm is about 4 Gallons (keeping this here for my future ref). The ppm dropped to 370 (was 400) and the ph is now at 5.9. So the water is dropping and the PPM is staying in the same ### so thats good.

Scrogdawg Nope no nubs on that top node.. usually when I top like that I end up with a malformed node due to me taking off the entire nub.. I like having lower plants to start with and always had good luck with nipping after the third node.. This will give me 6 branches to start with.. I'm feeling daring with this grow so I may try some new things on this plant. The middle I think I'll leave grow as is just to compare with and the Girl Scout cookie... well.. her fate is unknown =)

0213181419.jpg
0212181734.jpg
0213181419a.jpg
0213181419b.jpg

views from in the tubs.. I like this view .. easier to take photos and see actual growth down
0213181420.jpg
0213181420_HDR.jpg
0213181420a.jpg

The middle plant has furry roots.. the other two are getting there.

Ok so I just added 4g of water which bumped the scale from 150 to 200 so 50cm is about 4 Gallons (keeping this here for my future ref). The ppm dropped to 370 (was 400) and the ph is now at 5.9. So the water is dropping and the PPM is staying in the same ### so thats good.

Scrogdawg Nope no nubs on that top node.. usually when I top like that I end up with a malformed node due to me taking off the entire nub.. I like having lower plants to start with and always had good luck with nipping after the third node.. This will give me 6 branches to start with.. I'm feeling daring with this grow so I may try some new things on this plant. The middle I think I'll leave grow as is just to compare with and the Girl Scout cookie... well.. her fate is unknown =)

0213181419.jpg
0212181734.jpg
0213181419a.jpg
0213181419b.jpg

views from in the tubs.. I like this view .. easier to take photos and see actual growth down
0213181420.jpg
0213181420_HDR.jpg
0213181420a.jpg

The middle plant has furry roots.. the other two are getting there.
Thats one way to look at it.

Man, the light goes right through that lid. If it starts to smell like an 80s era roller rink bathroom Hydroguard that thing. If it smells like a dead rat in an 80s era roller rink bathroom, then peroxide, flush, Hydroguard.

Back
Top Bottom