BabyTrees First Grow!

Sorry I'm late but I'm late to everything these days :sorry:

If you have 20% amber on your oldest calyxes I would take it down if it were mine. Some plants foxtail forever and if you wait for new growth to ripen, the old trichomes have lost a lot of their THCa while you fiddle. It's a balance, but 20% would be my call to chop.

The never ending foxtail is what I was scared of.
She's sitting in the dark now, once I get off Wednesday morning I'll be cutting her down. I'm pumpppped.

Tomorrow's a good day!
Yess, the start of my four day weekend, and the first harvest! What an amazing feeling that's gonna be, I really hope this turns out to be some really top quality stuff, either way I've had such a blast growing this nug. It surely makes me appreciate weed a lot more, like man people take montthhhs to grow what I smoke in like a freaking month.

As promised here's the other clone that I'm thinking of tossing in the tent, it's been topped once so far, and all the branches are almost all caught up and even. I'll probably top one more time as well.
IMG_20200630_095421.jpg

I totally haven't even peaked at the plant since I turned her lights off, I've been reaching in once a day to check on the RH to make sure it's not too high. But I've not even glanced at her I've been making myself wait, so I'm really excited to get off and see what she looks like, and chop her up. The temp in the tent has been pretty tame with the lights off I haven't seen it go over like 77, and hasnt dropped below like 65 degrees. so I should be okay to dry in the tent as well. humidity has been ranging from 40%-70% depending on time of day.
The smell when I open the tent smacks you in the face with like citrus and a faint berry note, shit smells delicious I love oranges and if I was blind folded I might be inclined to take a bite outta her :laughtwo:

I'm very excited to see how she looks and see if there's any difference, I didn't plan on taking another full canopy shot, but I kind of want to just to see if there's any noticable differences between the past few days so I may cut the light on for a few moments when I get home to take one for us,
I'll definitely be getting you guys shots of these giant nugs in some normal lighting as well before I hang the branches..

I think I'll be starting another journal for next grow as the start of my journal I didn't post full images so you have to click on every picture and I'm sure that's a turn off for a lot of people.

Stay tuned everyone! I'll be off in a couple of hours!

This journal will be finished once I get a dry weight of the plant

Wow is all I can say, this blew my expectations out of the water... Here's a photo dump of this morning. My largest branch is 2 ounces wet, 14 inches long of straight nug, the scale measured in ounces, this weight is after giving away a couple grams to my buddy that I did not weigh I just filled his hand up lol.
IMG_20200701_075959.jpg
IMG_20200701_071248.jpg
IMG_20200701_071241.jpg
IMG_20200701_071627.jpg
IMG_20200701_071425.jpg
IMG_20200701_074615.jpg
IMG_20200701_074539.jpg
IMG_20200701_074421.jpg
IMG_20200701_074240.jpg
IMG_20200701_074014.jpg

Here's the plant pulled out of its pot, probably hard to tell but there is some roots towards the bottom so definitely did fill out the 5 gallon pot, and here's some nugs I saved for testers. My entire house smells fucking fantastic. My grower buddy is insanely surprised off what this tent yielded.
IMG_20200701_090528.jpg
IMG_20200701_090521.jpg
IMG_20200701_092010.jpg

Ooh man, she sure as hell filled the tent right back up! Got the fan on but not blowing towards her lights off now as well, I didn't trim many leaves off yet as a lot of them were still healthy, as they die I'll cut them and throw them in a box till I get enough leaves/larf for edibles. Do I have to wait for the leaves to dry before I throw them in the freezer?
gonna try one of my tester nugs in a few, I tossed it in the microwave for two second bursts but didn't get dry and I got nervous so I'm gonna throw it next to my heater all cut up and let it dry out really fast.
IMG_20200701_085736.jpg

Beautiful work BT! NIce colas!
Thank you, I'm astonished by the wet weight. That was significantly more than I was guessin I'm so freaking excited once it's dry I'll know GPW, I was guessing with using the blurple that I'd only get like .5W efficiency, I'm not sure the impact of changing to the TS1000 had, but I'm sure it did have a big effect as it was thrown in when most the chunk was happening, but I'm still so surprised by this harvest.

Happy harvesting bro! (Even though it looks like your finished). I’m so happy you were able to get from start to finish without any major fuck ups!! With a great yield to boot!

when I do a wet trim before cutting the plant down. The big fan leaves I cut off, never really have sugar on them. So I throw them out. The stuff with sugar on, I leave on the plant till I do the final dry trim/jarring.

I’m super happy you made it to the end!! I’m excited to see what your dry weight will be.

@Backlipslide thanks man, I over think things too much it's a blessing and a curse cause I try to be a perfectionist in everything but it's a curse as well cause sometimes you can't perfect things right away no matter the amount of research done.

Do you know if the white hairs will continue to transition to orange hairs with the lights out for like 48-60hours?? I'm also hoping I timed it so it can start drying slightly whilst still on the plant the last like 12-24 hours, I heard the added stress can add trichomes as well who knows the validity of it.(surely not me!! Hahah) But I'll try anything for even a fraction of a % of better nug, everything helps

Hope you and the fam are doing well homie. You got a short work week this week as well? I'm excited for this 4 day weekend I didn't make any plans so I can just relaxxx, hopefully do a real good cleaning in the house too, I've been neglecting it.

I'm also interested to see what my roots will look like as I've only watered to run off a hand full of times so it will be cool seeing if I starved her for water or actually watered correctly im going to assume if the roots aren't at the bottom of the pot I under watered or used too large of a pot. I used a 5 gallon.
Sorry for the ramble lol, I'm at work and there's almost too much time to think about my plants :rolleyes::laugh:
Family is good bro!! Thanks for asking!! I voluntarily took the day off, because well, it’s Canada day. I also didn’t get much sleep last night. Plus, telling a Canadian to work on Canada day is like telling a Mexican to work on cinco-de-mayo. Just ain’t happening! The idea was to work Wednesday and take Friday off... to the hell with that, I’m taking Friday off as well. Lol

Happy harvesting bro! (Even though it looks like your finished). I’m so happy you were able to get from start to finish without any major fuck ups!! With a great yield to boot!

when I do a wet trim before cutting the plant down. The big fan leaves I cut off, never really have sugar on them. So I throw them out. The stuff with sugar on, I leave on the plant till I do the final dry trim/jarring.

I’m super happy you made it to the end!! I’m excited to see what your dry weight will be.
I was going to throw them out, but honestly a lot of my fans actually have trichomes on the at least about half the leaf is cover it looks like and I'm cheap, so I plan on whatever edibles I make just doubling or tripling dosages to cover for the extra material,
I'm very excited to see dry weights, I think your guess of around 4 ounces will be pretty freaking spot on, I'm so happy dude. I don't even get this happy about holidays, like man what an amazzinnng yield.
I appreciate you all sticking around and seeing it to the end y'all have been so much help.

Family is good bro!! Thanks for asking!! I voluntarily took the day off, because well, it’s Canada day. I also didn’t get much sleep last night. Plus, telling a Canadian to work on Canada day is like telling a Mexican to work on cinco-de-mayo. Just ain’t happening! The idea was to work Wednesday and take Friday off... to the hell with that, I’m taking Friday off as well. Lol
Hahah! Damn right that's gonna be a real nice short week than too bro. I love having off Fridays, makes the week fly by!

Glad y'all are all doing well homie.

Back
Top Bottom