Bagseed First Grow Started 8-26-10

Use what u got available, that's part of the DIY mentality. It looks good to me!
Peace

thanx bud.........:tokin:

By the way everybody i ended up transplanting the lady earlier today cuz it look really sad. I had tried softening up the top dirt and notice that there was roots like just an inch form the top or so. so i figure it was running out of room. i was smoking a dubbie with her and took my time cleaned it rolled it and smoked it right the whole time with the lady and from the time i started to the time i finished, the lady went from being happy and asking for light. 35 min later she looked like willow tree i was like whats wrong thats when i shifted the dirt a lil and found out she had no more room. so now i move her into a 5 gallon bucket its white black electrical tape wrapped around the whole circumference to block all the light to the roots it looks cool actually ill show ya'll as soon as i take pictures because today i was just worried about the transplant cuz its my first time and dang did it have a root mas like i couldnt see any dirt really my chick was like is that really the roots i was like fu{k yea it is lol she is like fu[k thats a lot lol. just thought i would let ya'll know whats good on my grow i just hope it all went good.

:blunt:blushsmile: filled the five gallon bucket 3/4 of the way fool lil bit at a time and watering just enough so that its not muddy but nice and wet till its 3/4 of the way fool.
:lot-o-toke:winkyface: the dirt was watered yesterday and had enough time to dry enough it was still nice and moist at time of transplant.
:allgood:cheesygrinsmiley: got a nife and ran it along the inside edge of the pot to release the roots from the pot.
:woohoo:battingeyelashes: turned the pot over with my hand securing the dirt without pulling the main steam at all, patted the pot bottom and gently let the root ball slide out the pot.
:hug:5: gently put the root mas into the bucket letting it slide down my figures till it lightly set on the medium.
:joint:confused: filled the gaps between the pot and the root-mass and packing it gently until it sets level with the first set of leaves.
:thumb:kiss: gave it a nice watering of rainwater to let the roots set into the new medium and let it drain.
:yahoo:bigblush: now just waiting and hopping i did it all right if it sound like i missed some points let me know ya'll and as soon as it bounces back(if it does) ill put before and after pics i luv how its grown so far and hope it just keeps it up.:tokin:

ps.thants how i did step by step hope it was right and now i pray.:amen:

In The True Spirit Of The Marijuana Movement Its Necessary To Reach Out With Compassion And Love To Not Only Our Allies, But Also To Our Enemies. After all, We All Will Face The Same Pain, Suffering And Tragic Deaths. We Can End This Endless War, Begin The Healing, End The Needless Suffering & Death Only Through Immediate Peace Negotiations, Compassionate Care For Those In Urgent Need, A Moratorium On Prosecution For Cannabis Violations, While New Laws And Amnesty Are Worked Out At All Levels, And Long Term Rebuilding Of The Ruined Lives & Planet. Marijuana Is The Solution If We Just Give Peace A Chance.....Legalize it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

end of wk 5 and start of wk 6

Well just a quick update the lady in the 5gallon bucket is doing good she didn't have any transplant shock and is busy growing and the other two in the ebb and flow are chillin they are five inches tall at the moment, ill be putting up the photos as soon as i get the quick time too. :peace:

Bagseed First Grow started 8-26-10 update

Ok so first off i got these pictures of my leaf stem im not worried really but if you all wanna take a crack at it let me know.

9-26-10.jpg
9-26-10_2_.jpg
9-26-10_4_.jpg

They all came from this bagseed that kick mine and a lot of my friend booty cheeks off so IDK it must be strain related cuz they all have it.

Just some more pictures I've been meaning to put up these are at a month old or 4 1/2 weeks old the lady in the dirt to be precise.

I'm really loving this seedster cuz she has giving me no probs but neither have the other two she just looks the prettiest. Both are at 2 1/2 weeks. haha
9-28-10_2_.jpg
9-28-10_6_.jpg

and this is my Retardo 420 haha that's what im calling her anyways.
9-28-10_3_.jpg
9-28-10_5_.jpg

Just a picture of the queen I just hope she aint no drag queen lmfao but for real though!

9-28-10_4_.jpg

UpdateWell just today I took 4 cuttings from her hopping to get two clones its my first time clonning so hope its all good she is doing good . I also toped the hydro babies today those pics will be up in the morning after they have a chance to recover till then this is what i got. :peace:

i was smoking a dubbie with her and took my time cleaned it rolled it and smoked it right the whole time with the lady

By "the lady," you are referring to your plant? Don't smoke (cannabis or tobacco) around your plants. Sure, a lot of people do and their plants do just fine - but their plants do well in spite of it, not because of it. You know how smoke eventually turns your walls/ceilings/etc. nasty? Plants' leaves tend to be at least a tiny bit cooler than their surrounding area because of their natural cooling ability - which means that the particulates and vaporized crap in smoke tends to "stick" to them. The tops of leaves (well, the chloroplasts just under the surface) are what converts the light to energy that the plant needs and the undersides of the leaves (the stomata in them) are where the plant transpires moisture. For the plant to "operate at peak efficiency," those surfaces should all be as clean as possible.

Just a suggestion. You might not see a measurable difference in plants either way. But then again, little things add up - and appointing somewhere else as your smoking room surely doesn't cost anything, lol.

Also, I just noticed that you've got at least one book in the grow area. Perhaps you are using them to boost the height of your buckets? If so, keep an eye out for mold/mildew as books in a humid area or one that cycles between humid/dry and back again are prime locations for things like that. Again, this might not cause a problem down the road - but you never know.

By "the lady," you are referring to your plant? Don't smoke (cannabis or tobacco) around your plants. Sure, a lot of people do and their plants do just fine - but their plants do well in spite of it, not because of it. You know how smoke eventually turns your walls/ceilings/etc. nasty? Plants' leaves tend to be at least a tiny bit cooler than their surrounding area because of their natural cooling ability - which means that the particulates and vaporized crap in smoke tends to "stick" to them. The tops of leaves (well, the chloroplasts just under the surface) are what converts the light to energy that the plant needs and the undersides of the leaves (the stomata in them) are where the plant transpires moisture. For the plant to "operate at peak efficiency," those surfaces should all be as clean as possible.

Just a suggestion. You might not see a measurable difference in plants either way. But then again, little things add up - and appointing somewhere else as your smoking room surely doesn't cost anything, lol.

Also, I just noticed that you've got at least one book in the grow area. Perhaps you are using them to boost the height of your buckets? If so, keep an eye out for mold/mildew as books in a humid area or one that cycles between humid/dry and back again are prime locations for things like that. Again, this might not cause a problem down the road - but you never know.

well the book is out and replaced by a short cut crate and thanks for the input for sure torturedsoul... As for the smoke I smoke everywhere but with my plants, but on days like the one I was havin I sat down and meditated while I sat next to my lady plant it helped me relax lol and helped gather my chi.

24hrs After Cloning the Mother & topping the hydro babies!

:thanks:Well its 24hrs since I've took cuttings from the mother plant and topped the hydro babies. here are the pics of what they look like right now.
10-04-10.jpg

Well the one above is right after I topped them and this is the after 24hrs picture below
10-05-10_7_.jpg

"Pretty Lady" here below

10-05-10_5_.jpg

"Retardo 420" and "HE"(I think) is taller and already starting to show sex i really think its a boy!!!
10-05-10_6_.jpg

And just a lil more pics."Pretty Lady" left, "Retardo 420" right
10-05-10_4_.jpg

And here is the mom and a not so good picture of the clones they was strait on there side last night before i went to bed and now they are starting to straiten up I'm like yes I've done some things right so far!!!!
10-05-10_9_.jpg
10-05-10_10_.jpg
:peacetwo:

hi mate i agree totally with Tortured Soul smoke and plants don t mix and nicotine will kill plants.........also mate i noticed you have 2 plants in 1 container is that right ?.........if so this is not a good idea at all.......they will both strangle each other as the root system develops.........on the puple stems........this cud just be a trait of the plant and whilst they all look healthy i wouldn t worry to much at this stage.......on the whole all looks great...........be lucky weedtastic

"Retardo 420" week 2 of 12/12 light!!!!!!!! UPDATE!

Well first off let me thank everybody for joining me here at my rookie stable!!!!!

Update
Ok so it's been a while and i've just been maintaining my plants and had started them on 12/12 light 2 weeks ago. last week i got rid of my bucket lady now dead boy and same with the one i thought looked beautiful, both of them ended up boys and out of the three the one i wanted to kill because it looked retarded, the one my girl said, "DONT KILL IT THAT MIGHT BE THE ONE THAT BECOMES THE ONLY GIRL!" is my only f-in gurl witch is kinda kool since i actually gave it a name, it looked retarded when it was first growin so i named it "Retardo 420" well any way here are the pics i just took of the retarded but beautiful lady hope everyone likes them!!!!!!!

10-31-2010_8_.jpg
10-31-2010_1_.jpg
10-31-2010_2_.jpg
10-31-2010_7_.jpg
10-31-2010_6_.jpg
10-31-2010_10_.jpg
10-31-2010_12_.jpg

I've been using General Hydroponics flora series and if anybody wants to know my schedule for my rookie self so that you know what I'm doing wrong or right ask me and i will tell but I'm loving my results so far!!!
:peacetwo:

I hope the name "retardo" doesn't offend anyone that has "special" kids. IMHO I think you might want to consider changing it.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
dude my brother is mentally handicapped and not once have i ever thought he is retarded, because just like the rest of them he is smarter than most people I've known and he is in enriched classes even now with strait A's! anyways its just a word to me and IDC it is what it is! Really, its just a bagseed baby anyways lol wow the things people find offensive!!!! lmfaO)!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo:

I hope the name "retardo" doesn't offend anyone that has "special" kids. IMHO I think you might want to consider changing it.

Good Point if you do find this offensive we can always edit it out I realize you were only pointing this out with the utmost sensitivity as we all would never want to make anyone disabled or handicapped in any way feel unconfortable. 420Mag is proud to have many handicapped and disabled members who contribute greatly to the quality and content of Our Family. Thank You for your sensitivity and tact.
+Rep

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
dude my brother is mentally handicapped and not once have i ever thought he is retarded, because just like the rest of them he is smarter than most people I've known and he is in enriched classes even now with strait A's! anyways its just a word to me and IDC it is what it is! Really, its just a bagseed baby anyways lol wow the things people find offensive!!!! lmfaO)!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
:peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo:

Whats up Nasty? Nice looking plants my friend I know you meant no harm and we can fully appreciate your situation. Unfortunately that term evokes memories of a time when compassion and understanding were not the order of the day and those less fortunate were bullied and disrespected by society. It is important we never go back to those traditions or practices. Please try to remain sensitive as always and enjoy your beautiful garden of greatness!
:nicethread::headbanger::theband::tommy::headbanger::goodjob:

sorry for the double post but i thought i'd mention i like the name. I have a special needs son and didn't take any offense.
life is too short to take so seriously

well i'm late but nice looking grow, in the rest of the way for it

sorry for the double post but i thought i'd mention i like the name. I have a special needs son and didn't take any offense.
life is too short to take so seriously

Good Point if you do find this offensive we can always edit it out I realize you were only pointing this out with the utmost sensitivity as we all would never want to make anyone disabled or handicapped in any way feel unconfortable. 420Mag is proud to have many handicapped and disabled members who contribute greatly to the quality and content of Our Family. Thank You for your sensitivity and tact.
+Rep

Whats up Nasty? Nice looking plants my friend I know you meant no harm and we can fully appreciate your situation. Unfortunately that term evokes memories of a time when compassion and understanding were not the order of the day and those less fortunate were bullied and disrespected by society. It is important we never go back to those traditions or practices. Please try to remain sensitive as always and enjoy your beautiful garden of greatness!
:nicethread::headbanger::theband::tommy::headbanger::goodjob:

well well to everyone and hope everybody had the best of times on Halloween. thanks again everyone for joining me on my rookie grow. as far as the name hey it all good its just my hydro baby from now on lol i dont care its something that dont matter as long as we can grow our beautiful plants it dont matter what the name is. thanks for the input and for joining me in my rookie grow still got things to learn but im loving it so far.

new news ! Well I had thought my bucket lady was strait dieing on me. she was starting to grow outside when i had to leave her for a few days come to find out we had two 30` f nights and that lady looked dead. i was gonna throw it and like before my girl said it might just make it put her in the room with the hydro baby and see what happens. sure enough in like 24 hours that thing showed me her sex(she was already going through the 12/12 cycle for like 6 days before the cold nights came) and was like wheres the light wheres the light lol. so now out of the three i started with i got me two ladies, thats 66.66% female outcome lol. a friend of mine had grown fifteen from seed at the same time and only two of the fifteen were girls i was like what happened. I guess its just who gots the luck and/or the real green thumb. his two are only 3/4 the size of mine too he is using the same gh nutes as me but we are using different schedules that might be why. im also going a little more aggressive i thing as far as the nutes go right now my hydro baby has a hydro solution of 5.6 ph 1240 ppm (180 ml of micro and 360 ml of bloom in 18gal res) no leaf tip burns or anything been there for like a week now.I'm just using the gh calculator and then check to see if its right with my ppm meter and so far its very accurate. the hydro baby has pistals all over the place as you can see in the pics. ill put some new pics of the bucket lady as soon as the lights come on. she gots a lot of pistal formation around the heads of the top growths.

well thats it for now let me know whats good or whats not, either way im loving it here thanks everybody!!! :peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo::peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom