Barely Starting

buysser

Hi
First time on this and am I ever excited to move forward. Has taken me a long time to decide to build a grow room and start the research but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I am happy to say I have found a prefect spot in my house but........... it's in the attic and I live in a ridiculously cold part of the country. Hot in summer up there in the attic and cold in winter. I have no problem buying an ac or heater but I don't want to have my pretties get stressed out by the cold for some reason?? Is a cold attic ok even though it's comfy in there? I thought I read someplace that you don't want to draw air from a room colder then 60 degrees.
And, the spot is in the attic of my garage and is a perfect A frame with the lights projected to go in the middle. The bottom of the A frame is 60" and when it reaches 8' it slopes to 2'. I hope I'm making sense..! Should I make a diamond out of it by adding panels on the bottom of the sides so the reflective light shoots up towards the bottom of the plants? Btw, I plan on going with orca.
Any thoughts?
And while I'm at it. I am the type of person that will study and make sure I am doing what I need to do (best of my limited knowledge) Should I go with dirt or hydro for first time? I will be wanting to work with clones also if that matters is this question.
So that's it for the newbie of all newbies!! Thank you so much and I've learned a ton already from you people.
Thanks
bill / buysser

:welcome: well done intro! I gotta run, but I would definitely go dirt for first grow, I may suggest considering COCO Coir, it is more forgiving than soil from my experience. Check out my coco soil journal I started it last week. I'll come back and see if I may help with more questions I'm sure you'll have. Sounds like you have a good plan in the works. You can find all your question answers here, the search box is good, as well as reading some journals. similar to your setup, there are 100's some completed and some still in progress like mine. click below if you have time for some laughs & see this technique I'm trying with a lot of help from 420 friends.

enjoy, you found the best!!:passitleft:

Hi
First time on this and am I ever excited to move forward. Has taken me a long time to decide to build a grow room and start the research but I have enjoyed every minute of it. I am happy to say I have found a prefect spot in my house but........... it's in the attic and I live in a ridiculously cold part of the country. Hot in summer up there in the attic and cold in winter. I have no problem buying an ac or heater but I don't want to have my pretties get stressed out by the cold for some reason?? Is a cold attic ok even though it's comfy in there? I thought I read someplace that you don't want to draw air from a room colder then 60 degrees.
And, the spot is in the attic of my garage and is a perfect A frame with the lights projected to go in the middle. The bottom of the A frame is 60" and when it reaches 8' it slopes to 2'. I hope I'm making sense..! Should I make a diamond out of it by adding panels on the bottom of the sides so the reflective light shoots up towards the bottom of the plants? Btw, I plan on going with orca.
Any thoughts?
And while I'm at it. I am the type of person that will study and make sure I am doing what I need to do (best of my limited knowledge) Should I go with dirt or hydro for first time? I will be wanting to work with clones also if that matters is this question.
So that's it for the newbie of all newbies!! Thank you so much and I've learned a ton already from you people.
Thanks
bill / buysser

Hi there and :welcome: to :420: the best place for growers and friends hang out. I find that dirt is easier for me personally. I have grown in almost everything you can name. I keep my girls between 68F and 80F and they all do well. I am not sure about cooler or hotter. Perhaps someone else knows. A good link for growing knowledge is THE GROW ROOM which has a lot of very good information. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :peace: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom