Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

This is just a great thread. I've been reading, and posting on other forums for some time now. Glad I finally made it over here. I'd said that it was my first indoor grow, and it is. But like I'd also said, I'm old...er, and have been around just a little bit..lol. I started with a few OG Kush clones from a trusted friend after building my flower room. 2x1000w the room is about 8x12x10, encased in reflectix (great insulator by the way), anyway, the og is in day 45 of flower, I just put 2 blue widow, 2 ice bomb and 2 tangerine dream that I'd had vegging for about 6 weeks, into the flower room. I've got a few more in veg and ready to go into flower in about 3 more weeks...trying to get a perpetual going... I'm having fun bro...just retired from a pretty gnarly career and doing exactly what I'd always hoped I might have the time to do someday. So I'm having a ball watching your grow and learning from your thread. This is EXACTLY the reason these kind of forums were invented :bravo:

Here's a few pics I took this afternoon with lights out and green light on... The big plant in the back is a Tangerine dream...

Here's a great pic that shows the way the defoliation I did the other night exposed the lower bud sites that would of never seen the light of day had I not.

And a couple more just because :passitleft:

Again, I'm glued to this thread bro, can't wait to see how your grow turns out!

the middle of that 2nd pic is a great example 2t69. Now just think what they would be like if a majority of the flowers were near the top with a nice even canopy, and the lower ones had gotten all that light early on.

Cool stuff huh?

Glad you came along for the ride!

Glad you liked that photo, I thought you might. I also finally figured out how to rep you as well. Yeah, I'm really wishing now I'd of done more earlier. All of those plants you see though have had a light to moderate defoliation, mostly to slow down their growth, and not with the foresight or intention of increasing yield. Glad to hear your thoughts on not slowing down bud growth at this point. Looking at the plant in nature as it begins to yellow and drop leaves is her way of exposing those other bud sites, and to me, it just seems that we're helping her along in the process. The leaves are dying, it's time to produce flowers, it just makes sense.

Hey Bass I'm going to post some pics tonight (soon) of some clones I have in training. I know your busy working and all and this is a very easy way to do a little early training.

Anyways stop by my thread, that way I can show ya whats going on and you can make some tweaks to make it work for you. You will be very interested in a red chunk and blueberry Cinderella that I trained through veg and I believe I have some earlier pics of the 2 girls getting hog tied. The red chunk will be a 1lber, and that dry boy's.

Bass's techniques work, their not exactly for the beginner. I use them along with super cropping to turn out 1lb plants on a regular basis now.

Mini Update:

Day 62 in Flower

So I took a few pics this morning at lights on just a few mins ago. These gals are frosty as hell! But still clear to cloudy and no amber really. But I can see they are really swelling big time! It's pretty damn stink in there too.

This is a 9-10 week strain they say, and we're right at 9 weeks. So I dunno what to think, it may take more than another week. Hell I dunno. Not going to worry about it except I don't see any way in hell I can trim it all in 2 days off work. My back gets too sore and I lose concentration and patience too easy. I don't like to get sloppy trimming but when I get tired or eye strained, I'm likely to start rushing a trim.

I don't have any idea what the yield will be. I'm sure better than last grow no doubt. But will I reach 2#'s and 1gpw? /shrug

These pics, when I used windows photo viewer and scanned in close up are just nutso filled with trichomes. Absolutely covered!

Enjoy:
P9280002.JPG
P9280006.JPG
P9280004.JPG
P9280007.JPG

Hey Bass are you still using the 400w of HPS and 685 watts of GROW STEALTH LED? Just wondering because I can't tell if your using LED's in the pics. I have started and have a few seedlings under 100% LED. I will give the garden 2 weeks of a jumpstart before I put up my 1st journal. LED w/GLR 1st time so lots to learn with the lights. Thanks friend you have helped us all a lot

Really looking great, Bassman. Those are gorgeous buds! I'm super happy for you that this grow looks like it'll turn out a huge success. Your aggressive goals and determination seem to be paying off. Thanks for showing us how its done brother - well done all the way around, and +rep. :bravo:

Thanks guys for the kind words, and rep! BTW, does anyone know off hand how to comment back on someones rep post to you? Seems I can only click the thread title it's addressed too, and not the post itself like in the old 420mag format.

@AZmeds, No to the 400w hps and LED combo. This grow is 1000w hps only. I knew they were too tall to run the LED for depth so I bought a 1k ballast and bulb.

Wow looking amazing. Finally subbed. Better late than never I guess! Looking forward to seeing these babies dried and cured. Looking sexy!!

Sorry about that, I reread the 1st page description but thought it looked all HPS in the pics. Do you think you will go back to using LED's or are ya hooked on HPS HID's. I would think the final results will determine that huh? How's your power bill lately compared to your last grow? You got Winter coming that ought to be a nice change for ya I hope. If my LED's won't create enough heat this coming winter (6000' elevation here where I am living and growing) I might be better off hooking up the 1K HPS instead of the led's and a heater.

Hey bass got a question on the GLR. Do you use it on rooting clones, or wait until they are rooted then put it on GLR?

I go 24/0 till rooted nicely, then GLR. As soon as roots are in the water I go GLR (after transplanting it may be a few days till they are in water).

Sorry about that, I reread the 1st page description but thought it looked all HPS in the pics. Do you think you will go back to using LED's or are ya hooked on HPS HID's. I would think the final results will determine that huh? How's your power bill lately compared to your last grow? You got Winter coming that ought to be a nice change for ya I hope. If my LED's won't create enough heat this coming winter (6000' elevation here where I am living and growing) I might be better off hooking up the 1K HPS instead of the led's and a heater.

My power bill sucks the big one this summer. $500 month. I would like to go back to LED but I have to grow these girls just a bit too big for what I have. If I get the Grow Stealth 900w Pro Bloom, then I can use that and my 685w and have a nice grow with my methods I'm sure. Undecided though tbh.

Back
Top Bottom