Bassman Strips The Kosher Kush! Hi-Defoliation - DWC-RDWC - 1K Watts Of Madness!

Bass you know what to do, if your getting some amber I would at least be thinking about flushing real soon.

And bro your going to be singing all the way to the dispensary. "I'm in the $$$, I'm in the $$$. i see some room upgrades coming soon.

Bassman you are just kicking ass!! :goodjob: You are a brilliant mind and your grow shows that. :thanks: for all that you do I have learned alot from you!

:peace:

Went in to just before lights on today to take some pics. Low and behold, I have a leak somewhere. About 1/2 gal of water on the water catch. Can't tell where the hell it's coming from but sure seems odd this far into the grow when everything has been so perfect. Cleaned up the mess and going to keep my eyes on it. Pray it makes it to the end so I can deal with it in an empty tent.

Bass your using that really large tube stuff right? Sorta used a kit, but built it yourself right?

I was in at the hydro store today and one of the workers has a system sorta like yours..........long story short there is a recall on the grommet that seals the tube. While you have it apart check for cracks on the ones that haven't started leaking yet.

He's having his whole system replaced, no charge.

Oh and I'm not saying this is your problem but a place to start looking....Lmao

:peace:

@SG,

My system is self built. 2" pvc, 5 gal buckets, uniseals. It's not leaking anymore, but what I am 90% sure the cause was is one pipe was just slightly too high in the bucket where the larger diameter elbow wasn't touching the floor. When shifting the plants do to bud weight and adding string, this must have tweaked the bucket just a hair and then tweaked the pipe exiting the bucket. Causing an angled exit = slight leak. To solve this I placed a wash cloth under the elbow to make the pipe straight. No more angle, no more off kiltered pressure, no more leak.

Edit: but I will take a look at all my spare seals and take a look at that bucket when I harvest.

Indeed BID. I prefer to keep an open mind and try to be objective. And really, is giving it a try going to hurt? I mean a good honest follow the directions try?

I've found this rather late in the day, but that's amazing mate - you've set a whole new path for my next grow. I will be adding defoliation to the super cropping and scrog I was originally planning. The results speak for themselves and it makes absolute sense. Thank you.

Update:

Day 42 in Flower

Pulled a fair bit of leaves during the week. But less than previous. Mostly because i've just gotten them all pretty good. Nothing super special to talk really other than the SFGiants are beating the Dodgers 1-0 third inning. :thumb:

Is it me, or does this just look like nothing but bud all over the canopy? It's pretty damn thick with bud I gotta say. I have one small problem, shouldn't be hard to fix and it's just because I keep procrastinating. The thinner stems are falling over broken all over the place do to bud weight. They're still growing fine, and I've been just laying them over a stronger branch. But come Monday I'll go get the proper pvc pcs I need and I'll raise the outside edge pvc frame another level higher by say 2-2.5 feet or so and add another layer of string, 5-6 rungs through just below canopy height.

These girls are about 4 weeks from harvest still! I grabbed a standard size Bic lighter just for size relevance. Basically almost all the buds are just a bit wider. I wonder how big they'll get?

I am starting to think I may get to the 2# goal, missing the ideal goal of 3# because I messed up the veg. But 2# seems achievable at present. It's a really thick canopy!

Here's a few pics from today:
P9080002.JPG
P9080004.JPG
P9080003.JPG
P9080006.JPG
P9080005.JPG
P9080008.JPG
P9080007.JPG
P9080009.JPG
P9080010.JPG

Still can't get over this Bassman....just re-reading it. It's just through and through bud, nothing else. Incredible.

thanks for the info mate, i do a lot of experiments with my grow to try and improve things or better things, so ill have a read of the info you pointed me towards and give it a try, last time i tried it all i ended up doing was making the bud leaves turn into fan leaves, it stunted growth loads and did not give me more buds, so ill try it again and follow the guides and see if it actually makes a difference, theirs a lot of conflicting info but im always up for trying new ideas, and if done right it might just work, but ill never find out myself if i dont try it, plus it could be dependent on strain and lighting etc but its got to be worth giving a try, i can understand that the buds take in light as well, but is it the buds that take in the light or the leaves in the bud that take in the light, all i did when i pruned last time was end up with all the small bud leaves turning into big fan leaves, it just made trimming a whole lot harder,

one thing i need to know is do you class day 21 as day 21 from flipping the lights to 12-12, or do you call day 21 the 21st day after the plant has shown sex, the problem with this is that if your growing and vegging clones and i use glr so they show sex around week 2 of veg, so when would you say day 21 is when using glr.

Good and interesting questions DP.

Since I too used the glr in this grow for veg, I marked day 21 as after flip. But I did give them 30-36 hs of dark that wasnt counted till lights on. In the end, I hit them at 18 days or so because they were just growing too damn fast and were too close to the light. When you do that 1st strip in flower, they seem to practically shut down in upwards growth. So I used that knowledge as a tool to manipulate stretch. Next grow that wont be needed because I've watched my girls size in veg well. It looks like I'll be able to flip the next batch at a perfect height and wont have to strip until they have naturally stopped stretching.

If you look at my pics, you will notice (kinda hard at times to see) there are some buds that have say a 2-3 finger leaf sticking out of them. But for the most part, not many. Yet I don't really pull those unless they have a visible stem attached to them. Basically, I don't pull leaves attached directly to a bud, but I do pull those fan leaves directly UNDER a bud once the bud or early flower has good leaf to help it develop.

Again, a new flower site (like in late stretch) with a fan leaf directly under it, only gets that fan leaf pulled when it has a good stem and the new flower site has good light absorbing leaf to feed it. It can be small leaf, but pretty much, not the barely out of the womb leaf. You'll get the idea.

I've found this rather late in the day, but that's amazing mate - you've set a whole new path for my next grow. I will be adding defoliation to the super cropping and scrog I was originally planning. The results speak for themselves and it makes absolute sense. Thank you.

Indeed this type of growing does employ parts of both scrog and super cropping. I was told a while back, that if a indoor grow doesnt REQUIRE string or netting or screen of some type to hold the buds from breaking branches, then you're doing something wrong. So far, for me, I believe them when they say that.

I also highly suggest you google Defoliation, hi-yield technique. A very long read, but well worth it imo and I believe anyone considering this method read it well before attempting.

Welcome to my grow Green Knight and thanks for the pat on the back! Enjoy the ride.

Indeed this type of growing does employ parts of both scrog and super cropping. I was told a while back, that if a indoor grow doesnt REQUIRE string or netting or screen of some type to hold the buds from breaking branches, then you're doing something wrong. So far, for me, I believe them when they say that.

I also highly suggest you google Defoliation, hi-yield technique. A very long read, but well worth it imo and I believe anyone considering this method read it well before attempting.

Welcome to my grow Green Knight and thanks for the pat on the back! Enjoy the ride.

Already read mate (well, a lot of it, still got a bit to go); I started straight after reading your journal and was up late last night reading!)

The results speak for themselves and it just seems logical; there's not a single technique to increase yield that relies on increasing the number of fan leaves the plant has, with the exception perhaps of vegging for longer it could possibly be argued. Every hi yield technique seems to me to involve exposing more bud sites to light and imparting an element of stress. Seems a no brainer to me, and definitely worth trying

I'm honored GN. It wasnt too long ago I was up all night reading threads to learn. I still do of course, read that is, but not up all night anymore. It's an honor to pass along what was so freely given to me.

Mini update!

Took a gander in this morning at lights on. Had to move a few branches a bit for more light, no biggie there. But wow they are swelling like mad it seems. Took a look with the scope and trichs range from 30-60% cloudy I'd say. Some more some less, but that's only on outside edge buds because I just cant freaking get to the middle of the canopy. I can't say it's a tough problem to have, but I do wish I could get a better look.

There are some amber edges showing up, as mentioned before. I dunno what to think just yet for chop day. Could it be late in the week? Or maybe early the following? I tend to think the latter but without being able to see the middle canopy stuff under a scope I just don't know. Anyone got a 50 foot USB extension that I could plug a usb type micro scope too? Of course I wouldn't be able to focus I suppose and see what I was getting in the pic. ho-hum.

Havent checked ppm yet since I just added 2 gal of ro water. But initial thought is to get it to about 1000-1100ppm and make that the last feed. Using only straight ro water from here on out. At 2-3 gals per day I'd run about 1.3 times the volume through of ro water. I don't really flush. Using BPN and adding regular old ro water word is there is no chemical taste whatsoever.

Long read indeed, but its fun and most imp. will save one years and years of research. I think I'm half way through the 230 page thread.

Its a must read IMHO

Heh, it's getting real juicy and ignorant again. I'm so glad those people with their ego's are not posting over here. This forum is so good. So many people with tons of experience, willing to help each other, always willing to learn, and really rarely if ever will you see a snide remark towards a person or their technique. Instead, you'll see suggestions, thoughts, comments based on experience, and questions to possibly learn more. I'm so glad this place is my main place to learn and share with others.

Hey, Bass, my friend. Now that you've used GLR into Flower, will you be using Diminishing Light Schedule for the flower?

Also, what is your opinion of GLR for Veg? Was your transition faster for your strain that under straight on/ff lighting? Was there a lot more stretch than you expected? Would it have been worse transitioning from on/off lights?

Just looking to add your data to the list, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom