Bassman59's Revenge of the Clones! 600w Pro-Bloom LED - RDWC - Grow #2

Well not 16 pics. But now I have to edit above that somehow copied 1 pic 4 times

But here's a couple more:
P101001722.JPG
P101002117.JPG

Very nice, Bass! :welldone:

Those are the definition of healthy plants. Those big, beautiful fan leaves tell the story. Very nice. Good to read you've received the advice of a master gardener, we could all learn from that advice. Less is more :thumb:

Keep it up my friend! :peace:

Time for an update:

16 days from 12/12 flip

It appears pretty obvious, contrary to popular belief, stripping the hell out of plants of leaf during veg, using the hi-defoliation technique does not hurt these plants whatsoever. I'm positive I didnt do it perfect, but it's a learning process too. Nonetheless, as you'll be able to see in my pics, the structure of these plants is pretty good.

For the last week or so, if I come into the tent an hour or so after lights on, when the tent has been sealed (except for exhaust and what comes through cable openings), the humidity is high at 60% + and condensation develops on the return hose to the pump-chiller. Sometimes, large fans touching each other also show precipitation.

To counter this, a few days ago I decided to pull about 80% of all LARGE fan leaves. This does two things: Opens up circulation, and gives me a better view of structure so I see what needs bending and where to bend them.

So I've been doing lots of small bending almost daily. I want to try to spread these girls out as much as possible and reduce overall height in the end for better light penetration to lower-mid sites. I fear that no matter what light were used, if lighting from above rather than say a drop-vertical lighting setup (with say 2 HID bulbs) too much height is the bane of lower-mid bud development when you do get the canopy opened up. No light will give great penetration 45-65" above the bottom of plants. The most beneficial light will be far closer to the top of the canopy obviously. Thus we need to keep them shorter but wide. These girls are far from end of stretch and the tallest are 27" above the tub. Add to that 12-18" above the canopy and we're 45" above the top of the tubs.

It's still too early to do a big strip. Don't want to do that till they are about done with stretch. That being said, we should see pretty darn good flower development & growth once that next big stripping is completed.

They are drinking lots too! I have been adding 2-3 gals per day almost. I actually forgot to check water levels for 2.5 days and the ppm had shot up to almost 1100 from our 760 base number. So I added 3 gals of just ro water and 2 gals of nutrient. PPM is back to 760 on the money and PH has been super steady at 5.7-5.9

The best 4 of these girls (those closest to light center) have 13 or more top bud sites that should be really really good sites.

With the addition of the last 2 gals of nutrient I made up a 5 gal batch of BPN at 60% and added B52 and Ginormous which I don't use for the 1st two weeks of flowering light schedule.

The pics below show a few things. An overall look of the grow. Closer top canopy looks of each individual plant, and some upper sections overall structure of these girls.

Overall look:
P11100011.JPG

One plant top structure:
P11100021.JPG
P1110003.JPG

One of two shorter plants (corner)
P11100042.JPG

Front tub, 2nd plant tops:
P11100051.JPG

Back tub, entirely one plant only here:
P11100061.JPG

Back tub, 2nd plant tops:
P11100071.JPG

Back tub shortest (corner):
P1110008.JPG

Entire back tub look:
P11100101.JPG

Random two flowers starting up:
P1110011.JPG

I've got some things going on at the home front. Personal real life high stress stuff. If things don't get solved very quickly, this entire grow may have to come down. This would be tragic. This grow is really important to having what we need to treat moms Alzheimer's and Glaucoma. But you cant grow if you don't have a home. Worse yet is what happens to mom if that happens. The next week is crucial and should tell the tale. Hopefully everything gets resolved. But if I disappear, you'll know why. I'll have joined the ranks of the homeless in this shitty economic time.

Wish me luck, best wishes all, and thanks for watching and supporting me during this grow.

b- im sure youll get it all fig out, things have a way of falling in to place and you will be ok. just keep at it...

good luck bro.

Thanks jjames. I've got a 7 day reprieve I think. Maybe 10 because of the holiday.

Only a cpl days since last update, but I wanted to show a cpl pics.

We're about 20 days into 12/12. I've been bending some daily almost. Kinda big bends but the bounce back really fast. Nonetheless, they are spreading out which is what I want. Getting the middle open is going to be important.

Even though I took a lot of the largest fans out a few days ago, they filled in super fast. I didnt want to actually strip like a defoliate yet. But I need some air circulation and some light penetration.

As you can see, the bending has helped to even up the canopy quite a bit. That's a big deal for this grow. I may try to magyver a reflective panda film across the entire base of all the plants. It will be a pain in the ass, but more reflection from the base (or top of tubs as it were) back into the lower parts of the plant should help them a lot down low.

The GS 600w LED is certainly doing it's job. I'm set at 13" above presently. This just gets me the width to cover everything. Unfortunately, when these girls stretch to what I suspect will be 40" tall or more, that will be asking the light to penetrate 5 feet deep to feed the lower buds after defoliating more in flower. My feeling is this technique, while obviously it is proving out that it should make huge ass yields, my errors in not training them shorter and wider than present is probably asking too much for anything less than 1k watts to penetrate that deep while still maintaining 4x4 coverage (speaking of a solo light only).

The tops I am sure will be great. It's the lower sections that I think I've missed the boat on by not going shorter and wider. In reality, properly done, 4 plants is probably max for this 4x4 tent using a high defoliation technique. But hey, if we got 10z+ per plant who cares! My goal is over 4z per plant, though I really want to see 6z+.

The first pic is from about 18" away from the tent. The last pic is a side view through the window.

All other pics are just 1 plant each. I counted over 50 tops flowering in the top 2" of the canopy.

P11300011.JPG
P1130002.JPG
P1130003.JPG
P1130004.JPG
P1130005.JPG
P1130006.JPG
P1130007.JPG

thanks treezz. Right now it looks like we'll be homeless in 6-9 days. If so I'll have to cut these down at last minute. I've never sucked off the govt in my life. Now that I need to humble myself and ask for help, the govt basically says fuck off. Sad, all I ever wanted to do was take care of mom in her waning years.

Well, I decided to go ahead and do a 21 days in flower strip. LET GET NAKED!

The pics really dont do it justice. The leaves that remain are for the most part small. I probably could have taken more.

The important thing is notice how much more circulation and exposure of light to bud sites there is. It's also showing me that in a few days I should know where I need to train outwards the most.

Now none of it will matter if we do get evicted. Which appears pretty freaking likely unless some saint shows up and drops $1300 on my lap in the next few days. I'm saddened by this as mom will end up being treated terribly by state-fed outlets. And all I ever wanted to do was take care of her. I've never had to ask for help from the gov't and boy am I glad. Now that I am, what an impossibility it is to get assistance. They literally said if I was working (rather than taking care of mom) they would help. Wow, they actually CREATE the homeless! I've been trying to get work too. Mom would be ok for the most part if I was away just 2-3 shifts per week. But full time would require hiring help at $30 per hour. Hell I wont even make that much!

oh well, enough crying, Here's what it looks like now. In a few days these girls will look pretty spry me thinks.

P1150001.JPG
P1150002.JPG
P1150003.JPG
P1150004.JPG
P1150005.JPG
P1150006.JPG
P1150007.JPG
P11500081.JPG
P11500091.JPG
P1150010.JPG

Thanks man, Maybe it's helping. I just got an email today to go get drug tested for a job. No problems passing it either. Unless all my touching of trichs creates an issue. Gawd I hope not.

Good for you buddy!!! I can't pass one, this is my dilema, but I need my meds to function at work, so it's a bit of a conundrum...I need a job something fierce too..

Good for you buddy!!! I can't pass one, this is my dilema, but I need my meds to function at work, so it's a bit of a conundrum...I need a job something fierce too..

It's a weird state of confusion. As you know, I dont use it, but am willing to do whatever I can to help mom and my research says this helps. And I've seen vids where thc oil applied on skin cancer completely cured it when all other treatments failed. Sadly, even for those with permits, for good reason, have to somehow convince corporate america in their case to allow said in their system. Unfortunately, not everyone is as open minded. Hell, I don't drink, don't use drugs, and have been sober 35 yrs, yet I'm willing to accept that for some there is a real medical need. It isnt just about getting high as some would believe.

Back
Top Bottom