BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

similar to Kalashnikov in size and shape. B
and to my dope seed autos as well :) Must be the same Ruderalis in the mix for all of them ;)
light and airy
DDA buds are on the airy side and I’d expect that to be more so outside in less its getting a huge amount of direct sun hours. It often foxtails a bit and definitely has a more ‘sativa type’ airy flower.

Kinda small and not much side branching. The buds are very leafy and also seem to be rather light and airy - not sure if that's typical for a DDA or not.
I had the same results as far as airy buds go from SS DDA. I did have more side branching though(maybe from topping).
I hope she smokes better than she looks. :laughtwo: I dropped a couple more seeds for our next round.
I think she did.

Sunday was harvest day for my Pink Kush CBD and @Liquidintel Dark Devil. They were both at 71 days (breeder estimate is 63 days for both), and might have benifitted from a couple more days, but Sunday was a good day for both of us and since PK is a CBD plant I thought it best to be a little bit early than late.

Here's a picture dump of the harvest activities:

Have I mentioned I hate caterpillars?

I wash everything due to outdoors and especially caterpillars

I'm guessing maybe 1/4 oz for DDa and 1/2 oz for PKa

Congrats on the chop Beez and Liquid! I may try some auto's next year alongside my photo plants too. Because why not right? lol. That caterpillar shot just gave me a glimpse into my not so distant future and I am not looking forward to it. enjoy the new smoke!

The Pink Kush really showed her colors. Beautiful.
Nice finish! That Pink Kush is gorgeous. :Rasta:
I really do like the purple buds. I hope it burns ok. The last plant I grew (LSD-25 auto) that had the deep purple just doesn't burn well. Can't roll a joint with it cuz it won't stay lit.
Now I gotta go look for caterpillars! :oops:
That caterpillar shot just gave me a glimpse into my not so distant future and I am not looking forward to it.
Where there's one, there's probably at least a dozen more. I pulled about a dozen off that one small plant, and Liquid pulled even more off his Dark Devil. As soon as you see a leaf or bud start to dry and shrivel you better start digging deep into the buds to find them. They start out tiny so put your eye glasses on. :laughtwo:
I may try some auto's next year alongside my photo plants too. Because why not right?
That's what we figured. It's kinda nice to be able to harvest something half-way through the summer. I've got round two just now sprouting. They should finish up early/mid September, just before the big girls will be ready.
I’ve never got a DDA to finish outside, tried twice, so :welldone:
Thanks, Amy. I've got two more started so we'll see what happens with my luck. :nervous-guy:

Amy,
Im dropping some DDA seeds in a few weeks when my current autos finish up. Can I ask what problems you had with them outdoors?
Not enough full sun hours I don’t think - and not very pest resistant in my exoerience. Spider mites got the first one, it kind of ended up the ‘fall guy’ for the rest of the plants :eek: Lots of factors contribute to these things tho. I’ve seen plenty of people finish them outdoors.

Congrats on the harvests, Beez!
I really do like the purple buds. I hope it burns ok.
It burns well, but the taste is pretty bad till it's been in the jar for about 3 weeks- at least that was the case with mine...

I put Pink Kush into a jar (it all fit into one jar :rolleyes:) on Tuesday, but the buds were still a bit moist at 72% so I left them out again all day yesterday. Now back into the jar and at 65% so it's getting closer to the target of 62% for the curing to begin.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Dresden Green Diamond (from Garden of Green Seeds) I had given to my friend is alive and doing quite well. He shot me a picture of it a couple days ago. At the time it was 67 days old and 52" above soil, and that's after he topped it twice. It's definitely a vigorous grower. It's his first attempt at growing cannabis - so far he's doing well.

I put Pink Kush into a jar (it all fit into one jar :rolleyes:) on Tuesday, but the buds were still a bit moist at 72% so I left them out again all day yesterday. Now back into the jar and at 65% so it's getting closer to the target of 62% for the curing to begin.

Oh, I forgot to mention the Dresden Green Diamond (from Garden of Green Seeds) I had given to my friend is alive and doing quite well. He shot me a picture of it a couple days ago. At the time it was 67 days old and 52" above soil, and that's after he topped it twice. It's definitely a vigorous grower. It's his first attempt at growing cannabis - so far he's doing well.
Your friends plant looks nice! Welcome to the one-jar club. I've had a few autos that fit in one (and a few that required 5!). :Rasta:

My big girls are really drinking up the water lately. I typically feed/water them every other day, but now after just 24 hrs they are ready for another drink. So now I'm giving them hose water to get them by until the next day's feeding.
Same plant just 30 minutes later :)

It's been warm here too, but not really a heat wave. They're just drinking and stretching pretty good now. Growing almost an inch per day at one point.

I just bought a new inspection pocket microscope to inspect trichomes. I've been using a 50x lens for the past couple years and it works ok, but I wanted to get a higher mag so I'm trying out a new one that can adjust from 60x to 120x magnification.
I'm still learning how to best use it, but like it so far. The detail is pretty amazing actually. I even put my phone camera up to it and took these pics, which don't even do it justice. And it was only $13.50 :)

Back
Top Bottom