BeezLuiz & LiquidIntel Are At It Again: Outdoor Grow Season 3

No. I had to snip a piece and bring it onto my desk. It would be VERY difficult to use on a windy day.

Here's an early morning pic of the adult family. The photo girls are getting about eye-level now in height. I'll be needing to whip out the step stool soon. :D

And here's round 2 of the autos: Lemon Potion, Kalashnikov, Sweet CBD, 2 Dark Devils, Critical Mass.

Dr. Seedsman has been showing preflower pistils for a couple weeks now, but I think today will officially be "Day 1" of flower. :yahoo:

My seldom-mentioned Gorilla Breath 1 is still around, though I was tempted to toss it a couple times. The leaves has always looked really funky, but have now gotten worse. Not sure what is causing it if anything. Might just be a mutant. Just in case it's a nutrient thing, I gave it a good flush today and maybe I'll just give it plain water for the next few days.

I just can’t even Beez... your girls are just insane already. Your friend’s plant is so impressive too. Great growing, all of you!! Congrats to you and Liquid on the auto harvests, I’ve had some smallies too. Just part of the auto game! ;)

random fading and speckling. Had me checking for mites!
Yeah, I was checking back sides of the leaves for anything parasitic, but saw nothing. That plant has been a mutant since day One.
That outdoor collection is great. Eye level buds make for easy inspection!
Thanks Age! The Killer Haze is no longer eye level -- guess I better bring out the step stool. :laughtwo:
Congrats to you and Liquid on the auto harvests, I’ve had some smallies too. Just part of the auto game! ;)
I'm feeling much better about the autos, and trying not to take it personal when they come out small. Liquid is a bit more demanding - he's saying "Autos aren't worth my time, I've got better things to do (plants to grow)".

They are kinda convenient since you don’t have to light dep them if you’re growing outdoors in the summer. If there wasn’t a 6 plant max in CA - you could just plant a bunch and not care so much if they’re runty. But since you can’t clone Autos, unless they self-seed, it can get expensive buying seeds all the time.

If there wasn’t a 6 plant max in CA - you could just plant a bunch and not care so much if they’re runty.
That thought crossed my mind. I might actually attempt a couple autos indoor during this winter.

Indoors, and paying for electricity, I think the better-bred Autos should perform well, with less risk. But the uncertainty of Autos, and the chance of all 6 starting to flower too soon, and the resulting low yield, makes feminized photos, where you control veg time, more appealing to me for indoor.

I think I’m going to reserve the rest of my Auto seeds for outdoors next summer, when I’ll grow 6, starting early spring, and start my photos in mid-June, when I harvest the Autos, for a shorter veg.

Speaking of autos... I harvested one more of mine, and two more of Liquidintel's. On Sunday I decided to harvest the Critical Mass because the caterpillars were killing too many of the buds. It was a tad bit early, but close enough. We might get 1 oz out of it.

Monster Bruce Banner Auto: Yesterday I noticed on the underside of the fan leaves, aphids - lots of aphids. :eek: So chop chop it went. Again, it was a little bit early, but close enough. The plant was small, but the buds were fat and dense.

Kalashnikov Auto: This one looked ready yesterday and since I had the bud washing station already set up for MBBa, I decided to harvest this one as well. It turned out to be a very nice plant that Liquidintel grew. Probably our best to date. Buds were nice and dense too. Might get close to 3 oz. on this one. :)

the uncertainty of Autos, and the chance of all 6 starting to flower too soon, and the resulting low yield, makes feminized photos, where you control veg time, more appealing to me for indoor.
Very true, but since I have no tent, nor fancy lights, I figure I could grow one maybe two just for kicks - to keep me occupied until spring.
I think I’m going to reserve the rest of my Auto seeds for outdoors next summer, when I’ll grow 6, starting early spring, and start my photos in mid-June, when I harvest the Autos, for a shorter veg.
Sounds like a good plan. Our plan this year was to each try 3 autos and 3 photos starting in late spring, then after the autos get harvested, start 3 more for each of our locations. The 2nd round should be ready by September just before the photos will be ready. Here's our 2nd round already started:

Nice harvests, Beez! - Good looking buds on that Kalashnikov !
aphids - lots of aphids.
I hate those little suckers! - They're trying to get started on my outside plants already, so it's going to be an ongoing battle from here on in...as usual.. :straightface:

hate those little suckers! - They're trying to get started on my outside plants already, so it's going to be an ongoing battle from here on in...as usual.. :straightface:
This is the first time I've ever had aphids on any of my outdoor plants. It really surprised me to see them. I checked my other plants and they all seem clean so far.

They always show up on my outdoor plants- I spray them with a weak nicotine mixture from my vape juice making stuff, and it keeps them in check.
They keep coming back though, so I'll need to spray every 3 or 4 days...
That's why I never take my indoor plants outside unless they're going to stay out there- I don't want to chance bringing aphids back into the indoor growspace...

:ciao:
Gorilla Breath #1 and is at day 68. I knew pretty quickly that it wasn't going to grow normally so fortunately I started another 11 days later. A couple weeks ago it decided to start flowering. I expect it to eventually revert back to veg - maybe already has started.
It's not a BL grow without some mutant going in and out of flower :).
it's supposed to contain as much as 25%THC and 23%CBD. I'm skeptical so it'll will be one of the buds I send out to a lab for testing.
For science!
Killer A5 Haze
Can't remember why I quoted this. :oops:

Oh wait, I remember! You might want to see if that tape is getting too tight as the plant grows. That's not a good place to be restricting the pathways.
Sunday was harvest day for my Pink Kush CBD and @Liquidintel Dark Devil.
:congrats:
Might just be a mutant.
Of course it is!
On Sunday I decided to harvest the Critical Mass because the caterpillars were killing too many of the buds. It was a tad bit early, but close enough. We might get 1 oz out of it.
No BT spraying this year?
Monster Bruce Banner Auto: Yesterday I noticed on the underside of the fan leaves, aphids - lots of aphids. :eek: So chop chop it went. Again, it was a little bit early, but close enough. The plant was small, but the buds were fat and dense.
Dr Bronner's and another week if it were down here. :thumb:
Kalashnikov Auto: This one looked ready yesterday and since I had the bud washing station already set up for MBBa, I decided to harvest this one as well.
Looks great! I've got a couple of those seeds from a kind member here, but do I want to grow another auto besides the DDAs?

Back
Top Bottom