BID & Spiffy Do It Outdoors! Come Get Dirty With Us!

Sorry I have not posted anything lately but this last class was hell.. What is the point of Philosophy anyway? I am going to have to do more of a green house thing this year. The area I was going to make the garden is just to much for me to do in a short time. Next year I should have it ready along with the goats I think I am going to get. I am so tired of paying for milk. I have learned how to make yogurt and I am working on learning how to make at least cottage cheese so why not just have goats. I should by this weekend have the both green houses up and a couple of 6 by 8 boxes made for my garden this year.

Sorry I have not posted anything lately but this last class was hell.. What is the point of Philosophy anyway?

Ya know what they say, if you have to ask... :biglaugh: :rofl:

Sorry I have not posted anything lately but this last class was hell.. What is the point of Philosophy anyway?
Philosophy was one of the best subjects I ever studied. Although it took a couple of different courses and professors to really get it, when the light went on it was "enlightening" pardon the pun. I became open to different ideas and methods that weren't taught in school. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i enjoy a little philosophy but it a lot of wasy it goes against "free" thinking, its like learning to play guitar, when my old lead guitarist got back from MIT he looked at me and said dont learn the rules! you have a crazy unique style that breaks every "rule" of guitar theory if you learn the "proper" way you willl be bound by those rules,and lose your unique flair,so i never learned to read music i do it all by sight and ear,i can usualy be playing along with most songs the first time i hear it, he to this day regrets going to mit for guitar theory,he said it made it impossible for him to write new songs for years, i still have my style,and he said im the best guitarist hes ever played with because i dont question anything i play what i feel and see , go figure the most technicaly proficent talented guitarist i know :adore:says im the "guitar god!":headbanger: and he is amazing he plays bach,beetoven,chopin,mozart at blistering skull crushing speed and perfectly accurate, but needs my sloppy ,overuse of squealing harmonics,and bizzare time signatures to inspire a new song,he will ask me to just jam freestyle for a couple hours ,recored and email it to him,naturally im incredibly flatttered, he is as good as any top chop pro player, so
i always try to get him to teach me stuff and i usually get an annoyed "why"

Well we got a lot of things in the green house today. Everything is going to have to go in some kind of container. I should have pics ready tomorrow.

Subbed... loved the organic garden, my girl and I are doing the same thing, some in containers and some in raised beds, a bit at a time. I also am going to be doing some indoor hydro gardening so we can get some longer rippening heirloom tomatoes going and have salad all winter (WA apparently doesn't get enough sun and heat for long running tomatoes, just moved here, live and learn, lol). We lost some tomatoes and might loose some peppers to mold, though I've plucked, pruned and keep treating.

Good luck guys. We love picking our own salads and stuff from the porch. With all that dead wood and the climate, have y'all looked into HugelKultur? It's pretty amazing and all organic and Permie.

hey BID and Spiffy, looking at pics, y'all had a lot of scrap wood.... if that's just piled up somewhere, you might want to look into HugelKultur permaculture. I tried to post that the other night, but our internet is.... hmmmm.... special, yeah, special, until they get new utilities run out here in the boonies, lol. That said, I've seen a ton of positive results and if y'all cover cropped it once mounded, you could leave it be and let the birds basically build the soil for a year or more until you can get around to actually working it... the soil will just keep improving. I definitely want to try it and have seen some really good results from it, even on a very small scale "8' x 4' beds, dug down a bit).

Just a thought since it looked like lots of wood, lol. And yeah, definitely understand having to make it a bit smaller than you'd planned, but you can grow it over time, just like with the indoor grows. Gods know we are, lol. The truly good, fresh, organic produce for a fraction of the cost of buying even a farm share is absolutely wonderful.

Sounds like a plan to me. I just saw all that scrap and I've seen a few people get remarkable results and though "hey, BID and Spiffy are in the SW, that might work out for them". I will admit, I missed any previous discussion, my bad. And I understand, being in the PNW, I am jonesing hard for a greenhouse or two myself, but I'll get there, lol.

finally its picture time heres what we have going so far in the greenhouses, nothing to grand a good deal of it is just getting going things seemed very slow till i started putting some high brix things in the already highly mineral rich soil, that and im used to how fast things grow in coco lol here goes
20130615_161118.jpg
20130615_160551.jpg
20130615_160545.jpg
20130615_160512.jpg
20130615_160609.jpg
20130615_160745.jpg
20130615_160759.jpg
20130615_160615.jpg
20130615_160621.jpg
20130615_160807.jpg
20130615_160925.jpg
20130615_160833.jpg
20130615_160952.jpg
20130615_160957.jpg
20130615_160936.jpg
20130615_160850.jpg
20130615_160916.jpg
20130615_160944.jpg

Loving the garden, BID and Spiffy!

Looking good BID and Spiffy... can't wait to see how this goes. Those look similar to the greenhouse I'd like to get for next year. I'm in the PNW close to Canada and it is definitely presenting a few challenges for certain outdoor plants, lol.

I been grazing my garden for a month now I love it! My radishes got infested with maggot looking worms so I am letting them bolt and might use the seed in another location on my plot I still have time for a few of the varieties to crop out. Swiss chard and onions as well as a massive mixture of lettuces. Now I am salivating lol you would laugh at my plot though.... Organic garden full of weeds no end to them lol

I was wondering how y'all's garden was going BID, but I know you were having some bad days painwise and didn't want to ask. I know how frusturated I get when I'm too sick to go out and deal with the garden. I'm teaching my girl, but it takes time to learn where to be delicate and where not to, especially for someone who has never grown food before. It's been years since I gardened, but I've done a fair amount over the years. Can't wait to see those greenhouses, when you're feeling up to it.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom