Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

checked on the plants and got rather grumpy yesterday.

full

decided i had enough of the gelato eating the fans. it looked to be moving up to me and i'm getting tired of the waltz. the look is a general hunger and some calmag maybe. the nute is notorious for it dropping it. i don't like supplementing piles in though.

full

both were dead dry at feed. decided i needed to get ahead of the curve and start daily feeds. the acapulco are fine with everything and may be creeping toward over fed even.

full

they are looking almost exactly where i want them to be. it's only the gelato giving me the gears.

bonus points if anyone knows what my funnel is repurposed from ... i'll give a hint - it was a funnel before but had a specific use .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

on top of stuff the gelato started to show a slight pk ask.

full

always starts at the leaf edge.

i'm gonna alternate between feed by weight on MC alone, and feed by EC while adding BE in on the feed by EC side. feeding on EC uses up more RO.

if i don't like how it goes i'll scrub the roots with an o2 flush and rebalance. as it is i probably just need to get ahead without the flush.

tops are looking good and the continuing stretch wants to meet jack at the beanstalk lol

full

it's a touch lower where stuff is getting a beating. note the droop as well. they had nothing left to give them lift by the time i fed. the uppers were praying. but from mid down everyone was looking thirsty. could be when i'm getting the pull.

this kinda shows everything. note the difference top through bottom.

full

it was touch more general in the gelato which finally pushed me to call the change. i usually don't have to go to daily feed this early in flower in these buckets, but adding higher a concentration of nutes is not what the plants need more than the frequency.

keeping the interval but upping the EC would likely crisp them. so a standard EC or feed by weight more often is the course for now. :)

part of my trouble has been environment. i'm growing through a higher temp and rh than i normally face. so the pace has been higher than my normal rhythm.

everyone stuffed back last night in til i feed later today.

full

we'll see how it goes.

checked on the plants and got rather grumpy yesterday.

full

decided i had enough of the gelato eating the fans. it looked to be moving up to me and i'm getting tired of the waltz. the look is a general hunger and some calmag maybe. the nute is notorious for it dropping it. i don't like supplementing piles in though.

full

both were dead dry at feed. decided i needed to get ahead of the curve and start daily feeds. the acapulco are fine with everything and may be creeping toward over fed even.

full

they are looking almost exactly where i want them to be. it's only the gelato giving me the gears.

bonus points if anyone knows what my funnel is repurposed from ... i'll give a hint - it was a funnel before but had a specific use .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

on top of stuff the gelato started to show a slight pk ask.

full

always starts at the leaf edge.

i'm gonna alternate between feed by weight on MC alone, and feed by EC while adding BE in on the feed by EC side. feeding on EC uses up more RO.

if i don't like how it goes i'll scrub the roots with an o2 flush and rebalance. as it is i probably just need to get ahead without the flush.

tops are looking good and the continuing stretch wants to meet jack at the beanstalk lol

full

it's a touch lower where stuff is getting a beating. note the droop as well. they had nothing left to give them lift by the time i fed. the uppers were praying. but from mid down everyone was looking thirsty. could be when i'm getting the pull.

this kinda shows everything. note the difference top through bottom.

full

it was touch more general in the gelato which finally pushed me to call the change. i usually don't have to go to daily feed this early in flower in these buckets, but adding higher a concentration of nutes is not what the plants need more than the frequency.

keeping the interval but upping the EC would likely crisp them. so a standard EC or feed by weight more often is the course for now. :)

part of my trouble has been environment. i'm growing through a higher temp and rh than i normally face. so the pace has been higher than my normal rhythm.

everyone stuffed back last night in til i feed later today.

full

we'll see how it goes.
Adding more P and K to MC will lockout Mg, both of them increase demands for Mg. The 1% Mg in BE is not enough to compensate the vast amount of P and K. Plants looks good so far though!

Be careful with adding to much MPK, it's very low in pH, so is adding to much sulfur with Epsom. The middle ground is the best from start to finish.

Cheers!

Plants looks good so far though!

optimistic assessment lol.
my gelato look like shit in comparison to where i get stuff normal at this point.

but yes, it's true where MC lacks in mg. it's been a definite add to my grows from about mid-veg thru mid flower, and then tapering. the unfortunate fix is calmag, adding more n, that is already far too high in the nute to begin.

MC, especially earlier versions, has been faulted on loading N from the go. i agree and am ok with that, i've loaded N early on in other 2 or 3 part nutes in veg, it's part of the schedule in a lot of nutes. the difference is MC as a 1 part isn't as flexible coming out.

and frankly i think it drops a bit out.

my overall feed by EC is lower with the BE than my feed by weight is alone. but the balance is different. i'm doing a couple intervals with feed by weight between to see how the plants respond.

i may settle on MC feed by EC alone with little or no amendments, i'm hoping to find where this leads. i can see a switch to feeding by EC longer term to deal with a few shortcomings.

Doesn't look like a calcium deficiency to me. Doesn't really look like magnesium, either, but it's possible, I suppose. I didn't observe the progression, so...

If you decide to add Epsom salt, and it appears to help, I'd almost guess that it would have been the extra sulfur more than the magnesium. But I'm just yapping out of the wrong end, as it were. Any chance that the pH might have gone a bit too high with that one? Or (possibly) too much phosphorous causing a sulfur issue?

Was it a lamp shade?

EDIT eww - you mean the white plastic funnel? Thought you meant the wire support one!

Plants look cool. I’d be throwing more Cal Mag at them maybe but I do that from cradle to grave!

Nick

I sure hope you didn't disassemble your beer bong just to mix nutes! :thedoubletake:

Was it a lamp shade?

not so much light shines where the funnel is used lol

EDIT eww - you mean the white plastic funnel? Thought you meant the wire support one!

yes the white one.. you might have it figured .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Plants look cool. I’d be throwing more Cal Mag at them maybe but I do that from cradle to grave!

been using it for a while. i almost always wind up supplementing with MC from mid veg through mid flower.

I sure hope you didn't disassemble your beer bong just to mix nutes!

well ... not the answer ... but i'm sure a pile of beer's been through it .. :laughtwo:

it has a screen. darn thing is useful. at present i use it to strain out the feed mix, and to strain out the random bits of perlite in the run off.

Hmmmmm....:hmmmm:.....Then it must be one of those devices that allow females to pee while standing up! Do I win???

closer. it was used to catch kidney stones.

Who the hell would be throwing kidney stones at you???

all that missing calcium had to wind up somewhere .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

at any rate the funnel has turned out to be super useful for a few things.

these gelato are definitely giving me grief.

full

they are plain hungry and i can't seem to shovel enough into them fast as they want it.

full

it's not a lockout or a simple calmag deficiency, they want everything. everything is getting pulled pretty evenly from the leaves.

full

the acapulco gold have little to no issues, and may be on the verge of an over feed.

full

they haven't been building as much as the gelato have. the gelato have gotten insanely hungry since flip.

to get back to something more normal i fed them by weight, and am going to daily feeds. this shot my EC through the roof, but i'm going to stick with for a few feeds to see if the gelato bounce back. i'm holding off on a flush as i'm not seeing any specific lockout, but i could go to one if i don't see them turn around.

would probably be an easier run if i mono-cropped one strain. it's gonna get hard keeping them both happy on the one mix, and i hate doing separate ones.

full

i should be able to pull them back with a daily feed. they are all getting a touch more calmag mixing by gram/L over what i ran by EC. i want to see some color get back into the gelato.

Adding more P and K to MC will lockout Mg, both of them increase demands for Mg. The 1% Mg in BE is not enough to compensate the vast amount of P and K. Plants looks good so far though!
I found that magnesium nitrate is the best supplement for early versions of MC (v2 at least) to balance the ratios. v2 was low in N compared to K and low in Mg compared to Ca, so mag/nite handles both of those well in flower.

things weren't hugely better yesterday with the gelato but at least they don't look like they've gotten worse.

full

they pulled a bit of colour back but not real dramatic.

full

they are still building more aggressive than the acapulco gold. the acapulco are simply taking everything in stride.

full

going to keep at it with a heavier daily feed. nothing was dry last night, but the gelato did go through a bit more than the acapulco in the last 24 hrs.

things weren't hugely better yesterday with the gelato but at least they don't look like they've gotten worse.

full

they pulled a bit of colour back but not real dramatic.

full

they are still building more aggressive than the acapulco gold. the acapulco are simply taking everything in stride.

full

going to keep at it with a heavier daily feed. nothing was dry last night, but the gelato did go through a bit more than the acapulco in the last 24 hrs.
I think they are looking nice and healthy.

I think they are looking nice and healthy.

the gelato have been a more challenging grow. i'd like them looking better as i've got 8 - 10 wks still to get them home.

You will make it.

fingers crossed right now. i've never had 2 strains so similar in description feed so different from each other.

Back
Top Bottom