Brand Spankin New ViparSpectra KS5000 Grows Herbies Seeds Collection In LOS

Congrats on the new journal, new light and the babies! I'm especially excited to see that you'll be growing Bruce Banner #3 as that's one of the seeds I'm planning on starting on the 18th. So, yours will be about 2 weeks' ahead of mine.

Well because with these improvements I'm betting my grow will do as good or better than its predecessor running at 650 watts! That's a ton of saving, 23% if my math is right. With my electric bill up as it is, this is a welcome thought! Let's watch it happen!
Here's that light bar with the LED chips placed strategically in order to make proper light distribution.
More tomorrow.
Hoping for a great day!

I always thought more wattage was better... :hmmmm: Is that not true? Could you simply explain to me why less wattage is better regarding the plants and not your electrical bill?

Bruce Banner #3
Otter or HG, do either of you know what the difference is between Bruce Banner #2 and Bruce Banner #3? I grew the #2 and when I tried to look it up I found the info online confusing.

I always thought more wattage was better... :hmmmm: Is that not true? Could you simply explain to me why less wattage is better regarding the plants and not your electrical bill?
I'm thinking the placement of the LED's to light up the entire area instead of mainly the middle will be a big help come flower time.

Ever since DLI came to light I've seen my other light may have been a little out of step with today's view of growing indoors. Not that I really understand DLI other than plants need only so much light and the rest is wasted.

I wouldn't say in general that less has to be better. I'm saying I believe in my situation where I ran 650 watts and having gone to this 500 watts more evenly spread out, my plants should look the same. That's my hope anyway HashGirl. We'll find out.

Been wanting to try a Bruce Banner for a while. Never even had a taste that I remember. Maybe a toke years ago.
Otter or HG, do either of you know what the difference is between Bruce Banner #2 and Bruce Banner #3? I grew the #2 and when I tried to look it up I found the info online confusing.
Good question! If anyone knows please enlighten us. @Herbies Seeds ?

LIFE BRINGS MORE UPDATE

I got a surprise from @Prescription Blend Nutes for cannabis today! I totally forgot about the MOTM award and they are one of the very generous sponsors to kick in a prize for that! Well it was at my mailbox today :woohoo: ! Thanks Prescription Blend, 420Mag, and everyone that made it happen!
I'm going to get this into service via my BIL for another "away" journal asap! Or I'll be happy to give it to someone who can pick it up and grow with it and jot it down so we can all see. LOS compatibility issue here ya know. I understand this product is liquid gold!

Here’s a great hint for you: SAVE those containers. You are going to need more at some point. When you buy it, you may very well find what I have - all you can get is the soft packets. So when I get a new batch (I have two sets on the way now) I simply pour them into the containers rather than work out of the soft bags. The containers are 1000x easier to work from!!!

I'm thinking the placement of the LED's to light up the entire area instead of mainly the middle will be a big help come flower time.

Ever since DLI came to light I've seen my other light may have been a little out of step with today's view of growing indoors. Not that I really understand DLI other than plants need only so much light and the rest is wasted.

I wouldn't say in general that less has to be better. I'm saying I believe in my situation where I ran 650 watts and having gone to this 500 watts more evenly spread out, my plants should look the same. That's my hope anyway HashGirl. We'll find out.

Been wanting to try a Bruce Banner for a while. Never even had a taste that I remember. Maybe a toke years ago.

Good question! If anyone knows please enlighten us. @Herbies Seeds ?
Here’s my thing (for what it’s worth) with DLI. Let’s say the number is 45 (random number selected). At 100% power in flower they reach that number with 4 hours of light left from the 12. Now what? So the answer people seem to settle on is to reduce the power, thus flowering at a lower ppfd level, until they get it so the plant gets to its prescribed number in 12 hours. Well that means flowering at 650 ppfd (again, random number to make a point). I simply feel and observe and believe thoroughly that while you CAN flower at that, and your buds will be fine…it’s not for me. I still prefer to blast them as I KNOW that will help bud production, and if the last three hours of the day are wasted electricity then so be it. It’s not bothering the plant.

Just my opinion. Not trying to get in an argument with anyone or open the can of DLI worms.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Here’s my thing (for what it’s worth) with DLI. Let’s say the number is 45 (random number selected). At 100% power in flower they reach that number with 4 hours of light left from the 12. Now what? So the answer people seem to settle on is to reduce the power, thus flowering at a lower ppfd level, until they get it so the plant gets to its prescribed number in 12 hours. Well that means flowering at 650 ppfd (again, random number to make a point). I simply feel and observe and believe thoroughly that while you CAN flower at that, and your buds will be fine…it’s not for me. I still prefer to blast them as I KNOW that will help bud production, and if the last three hours of the day are wasted electricity then so be it. It’s not bothering the plant.

Just my opinion. Not trying to get in an argument with anyone or open the can of DLI worms.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah, DLI is still on my watch list. I'm not motivated to get involved deeply yet, maybe one day. Until then I'm blasting in flower too. We're likely on the wrong side of right here but for me I just can't get into it now.

AND NOW THE REST OF THE STORY UPDATE

Hi, now I have them safely tucked away in their stable setting with some heat below and some moisture and a fan going on. I feel like I'm doing something!
We are growing cannabis here folks, and in a beautiful new config!
Here's how it fell together a minute ago.

That's it for today. All this plus we put the Christmas tree up today! All those memories! It's a great day! I hope yours is a super one as well! :peacetwo:💕
Love that cup holder Otter. I’m making one for next grow for sure. I knocked em over twice this time lol!

Yeah, DLI is still on my watch list. I'm not motivated to get involved deeply yet, maybe one day. Until then I'm blasting in flower too. We're likely on the wrong side of right here but for me I just can't get into it now.
We're likely on the wrong side of right here
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It’s funny cuz it’s true….lol!

LIFE BRINGS MORE UPDATE

I got a surprise from @Prescription Blend Nutes for cannabis today! I totally forgot about the MOTM award and they are one of the very generous sponsors to kick in a prize for that! Well it was at my mailbox today :woohoo: ! Thanks Prescription Blend, 420Mag, and everyone that made it happen!
I'm going to get this into service via my BIL for another "away" journal asap! Or I'll be happy to give it to someone who can pick it up and grow with it and jot it down so we can all see. LOS compatibility issue here ya know. I understand this product is liquid gold!

Stone where do you get that from. I tried looking on website idk if it's even right. Got link to the shop I can take a look. I need chems. But idk nothing about them at all. I never use tham at all. Never have

Stone where do you get that from. I tried looking on website idk if it's even right. Got link to the shop I can take a look. I need chems. But idk nothing about them at all. I never use tham at all. Never have
I got these from winning the MOTM award. I looked on amazon and they carry it. I've seen some real nice gardens grown with this stuff.

The Zon has them but they only sell sets of the soft smaller bags, not the big plastic containers you get in the prize pack.

I got these from winning the MOTM award. I looked on amazon and they carry it. I've seen some real nice gardens grown with this stuff.
Me too. Why I'm curious. I seen some good reviews grows people talking about it. But can't find where to get it. Wish they send me some to show it. I want some

Back
Top Bottom