Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

I have been using food grade buckets with gamma lids for a few years. Had seen medgrower1 use them on one of his videos. He didn't use a turkey bag, and I have been wondering the purpose of the bag myself.

Shiggityflip used them in his, but never saw an explanation why.

I put my latest harvest in the turkey bags alone after seeing it talked about elsewhere. Seems air tight and don't notice any smell I just dont have enough to fill a whole bucket! Lol

Nice! Was gonna go with food grade but after a test no tastes transferred in to buds that were bagged. Trying to harvest today some of the plants but need to find a place for my herm.

Hey KB, it's totally unnecessary! Some put in the bag and leave it some jar after some put them straight in the bucket or tupper wear.

For me the bucket is great because it is air tight and water tight just in case but it's just a storage solution. Dont want bags just laying out in the open. Since i run small i figure I'd be able to stuff a couple harvests into labeled bags and then into the bucket for stoarge. Hopefully i get to the point that i have stacked buckets filled with turkey bags of different strains. It's my first time though so we will see how it goes. If i was a big producer I'd probably just stick them in the food grade bucket but then they would have to be turkey bagged for sale anyways (if i was a licensed grower, maybe one day)

Thanks ween! I'm definitely in for a treat no Matter what the yield is. Im thinking its more but we will see.

Yes i got it from shiggity. The bag is airtight and would be great on its own. The bucket is just a storage solution. Its dark, airtight, smellproof just incase and i can stack em up and fit many pounds at a time (i think?). At least 2-3lbs i would think but we will see.

How many pounds can you fit in your bucket? And is it full? if you completely fill a 5gal bucket with 1 or 2 pounds then ill probably loose the Turkey bags. Idk.

I was a jar horder, my place was covered in jars everywhere from everything. Masons, olive, pasta sauce, any jar that came in i saved to put weed in. My wife wasn't so happy with the amount of grow stuff in our tiny place so when shiggs posted a more streamlined way i jumped all over it and tossed all my jars lol! What a mess that was with all the jars.

Just to save space in my tiny apt, a storage solution if you will.
If you think you run small we have a difference of opinion in what "small" really is hahaha. I'm not a fan of twenty jars so have adopted the turkey bag method. One week cure so far good.

You're gonna love it tossing all those jars pw. Hope i can get a couple more quick harvests in to fill my bucket.

Haha! kb, its never big enough. I know i wont fill that bucket but keeps the buds safe and its light tight until i use them.

Just made a little herm bucket. Used a house hold led. Was shockingly bright. Spare tent is ready for harvest. Going out for lunch and lemon juice and its harvest time.

Same here, I have a friggin closet full of jars
Lol...I have jars in drawers, cupboards, and shelves! I'm like a friggin squirrel! Sometimes I'll run across a jar I forgot about!:rofl:

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the kind words and help I've received throughout this grow. :passitleft:

4 levels of buds in the drying tent. Was surprised myself how much is there. The last plant was a monster. Here are the buds, washed and hung to dry and a tray of popcorn nugs for the rosin press.

Will post a weight soon.

Back
Top Bottom