Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

Alright, I'll let them go at least a week longer. Will letting them go make them more stoney?

Do you have amber in fully formed, undetached trichomes? I never see that. I don't think you'll have more than 10% amber no matter how long you let it go.

Will it be more stoney? No, it's High Brix. If you thought the stuff you tried of mine was decent, letting yours fully ripen will result in the same thing.

It's always a very full, complete and non-pixlated high. It never kicks you in the head.

Looking good Rich. I agree with Doc, looks like might have another week in em. If you aren't rushed, I would let em go a bit longer. Of course if I needed some stuff I would gladly chop one or two of them down to get them drying for you too!
What great idea VS.

Take a branch now, and another in a couple days and the rest in a week. Then you can see what the differences are.

Smell them. Touch them, pay attention to everything and in a cycle or two you'll know what's up.

IMO, it depends on the strain--BUT, in Kit soil, amber is hard to come by.

Among other things, this (also) indicates THC isn't converting to CBN as quickly. CBN is main 'sedative' effect in most weeds. Hope this helps! :nomo:

Big help thanks SM.
Looking good Rich. I agree with Doc, looks like might have another week in em. If you aren't rushed, I would let em go a bit longer. Of course if I needed some stuff I would gladly chop one or two of them down to get them drying for you too!

Thanks VS. I'll let them go a little longer.
:reading420magazine::nomo::popcorn: Watching and learning...anticipating! Very nice!
Welcome in LG
Do you have amber in fully formed, undetached trichomes? I never see that. I don't think you'll have more than 10% amber no matter how long you let it go.

Will it be more stoney? No, it's High Brix. If you thought the stuff you tried of mine was decent, letting yours fully ripen will result in the same thing.

It's always a very full, complete and non-pixlated high. It never kicks you in the head.
What great idea VS.

Take a branch now, and another in a couple days and the rest in a week. Then you can see what the differences are.

Smell them. Touch them, pay attention to everything and in a cycle or two you'll know what's up.

Excellent news Doc. Ill give them GE tomorrow and start harvest in a few days.

That’s gonna be a heck of a pile of meds.

Thanks pw. I'll be harvesting this week. I'll be ecstatic with anything over a pound.

Good thing your a Rich Farmer.... Your going to need more jars.

Thanks jm! Going with boveda, humidity meter, turkey bags and a bucket with gama lids.

Here they are, will be chopping probably starting tomorrow. They just got ge though so ill harvest anything that is done swelling and leave the rest.

Been a cool watch....hope you make your weight!!!!

Thanks everyone. For dry I'll cut them apart and take off the water leaves and let it dry out in the tent. I'll put the humidifier in there on low. Then into the bags for the cure with bovedas. Will store the bag of buds in the bucket. The sugar leaves will go in a jar depending on how much there is.
You think putting the bags in the bucket is necessary? Asking for a friend...:rofl:

You think putting the bags in the bucket is necessary? Asking for a friend...:rofl:

I have been using food grade buckets with gamma lids for a few years. Had seen medgrower1 use them on one of his videos. He didn't use a turkey bag, and I have been wondering the purpose of the bag myself.

Shiggityflip used them in his, but never saw an explanation why.

I have been using food grade buckets with gamma lids for a few years. Had seen medgrower1 use them on one of his videos. He didn't use a turkey bag, and I have been wondering the purpose of the bag myself.

Less air? I like my mason jars but may need to buy more for my next harvest! A good problem to have.

I have a 5 gallon bucket with gamma seal lid so all ready for next harvest.

Nice! Was gonna go with food grade but after a test no tastes transferred in to buds that were bagged. Trying to harvest today some of the plants but need to find a place for my herm.

Hey KB, it's totally unnecessary! Some put in the bag and leave it some jar after some put them straight in the bucket or tupper wear.

For me the bucket is great because it is air tight and water tight just in case but it's just a storage solution. Dont want bags just laying out in the open. Since i run small i figure I'd be able to stuff a couple harvests into labeled bags and then into the bucket for stoarge. Hopefully i get to the point that i have stacked buckets filled with turkey bags of different strains. It's my first time though so we will see how it goes. If i was a big producer I'd probably just stick them in the food grade bucket but then they would have to be turkey bagged for sale anyways (if i was a licensed grower, maybe one day)

Hey Rich! I'm sure you'll hit that 1lb mark but if you didn't, im also sure you will be happy with what you get off them! Really excellent job bud!
Thanks ween! I'm definitely in for a treat no Matter what the yield is. Im thinking its more but we will see.

Yes i got it from shiggity. The bag is airtight and would be great on its own. The bucket is just a storage solution. Its dark, airtight, smellproof just incase and i can stack em up and fit many pounds at a time (i think?). At least 2-3lbs i would think but we will see.

How many pounds can you fit in your bucket? And is it full? if you completely fill a 5gal bucket with 1 or 2 pounds then ill probably loose the Turkey bags. Idk.

Less air? I like my mason jars but may need to buy more for my next harvest! A good problem to have.

I was a jar horder, my place was covered in jars everywhere from everything. Masons, olive, pasta sauce, any jar that came in i saved to put weed in. My wife wasn't so happy with the amount of grow stuff in our tiny place so when shiggs posted a more streamlined way i jumped all over it and tossed all my jars lol! What a mess that was with all the jars.

Could be, just have never seen an explanation.

Just to save space in my tiny apt, a storage solution if you will.

Back
Top Bottom