BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date

Supercroped plants.

How are your supercropped plants looking compaired to your others? What have you personally had the most sucess with as far as yield?

The super croped plants tured out better than topped plants. Topped I get 2 colas, supecroped I get at least , mostly 4 main tops. The draw back is a lot of lower growth gets shaded unless u combine with LSTing. As far as yield goes, I don't really ten to keep up with it. Patients want meds NOW. So its rare that a whole crop makes it through cure. This is my 1st time supercroping so stay tuned and we'll c together. As far as yeild goes, I've had the most success w/Purple Kush. Not typically a high yeilder, but I grew big ones and fed full strngth the whole time with no pests (1st time around). Got like 2 oz per plant, but that's a very aromatic strain.

Hippylee. The stuff with our leaves has to be a result of spraying. Smaller/younger plants are the ones I normally see doin this. As for the mites, I beat em a while ago. The spray during flower kinda messed up my resin production. As for the PM to my understanding is that once ur plants get it they don't get rid of it. Its systemic. All we can do is treat out breaks and try to prevent from spreading. The mom of all these had PM. She was to dense to spray effectively, so I cut her down at about 3 1/2'. Thanks 4 stoppin by.

Pm

Wow, I didn't know PM was systemic (we are talking powdery mildew, and not some other problem right?!). That means I probably misdiagnosed my problem or it was still in the plant and I missed it. I panicked for a moment the other day because I thought I had it on my flowering plants but it turned out to be some powdered dolomite lime (a tiny bit spilled when I was moving stuff around a couple of days earlier) -- such a relief, lol! Glad the spider mites are gone. You did say that in your reply to my post but I was thinking maybe they were just cycling through your plants periodically -- glad to hear they are gone once and for all! I hope I'll be able to say the same thing soon.
Yea when I say PM, I mean powdery mildew. And as far as I know its systemic. From studies and experience it makes sense to me. Goes away after treatment, pops back up. Passes from mom to clone. As for mites. They don't cycle thru ur garden as far as I know. They destroy ur plant or U eradicate them unless they attack late in the cycle. Then u just have to contain them to the drying lines. I use tanglefoot at the ends of my lines when I know they're present.

Re: Supercroped plants.

The super croped plants tured out better than topped plants. Topped I get 2 colas, supecroped I get at least , mostly 4 main tops. The draw back is a lot of lower growth gets shaded unless u combine with LSTing. As far as yield goes, I don't really ten to keep up with it. Patients want meds NOW. So its rare that a whole crop makes it through cure. This is my 1st time supercroping so stay tuned and we'll c together. As far as yeild goes, I've had the most success w/Purple Kush. Not typically a high yeilder, but I grew big ones and fed full strngth the whole time with no pests (1st time around). Got like 2 oz per plant, but that's a very aromatic strain.

It looks like my supercropped plants will all have 7 to 10 tops with the AK strains. My supercropped Bullryder came out with 7 1 ft long colas. But I do notice alot of undergrowth on my veging plants. I will do a yeild comparison with my trained vs supercropped Bullryders.

can i just ask do or did your leaves look any thing like this ?
js640_DSC02106.jpg

Looks like nute burn. I got some nute burn that looked kinda like that without the curled tips. When they're damaged from spraying it looks a little different on my plants. What's goin on with ur foliage weedtastic?

nah mate that was fungi i had that prob with my ill girl remember? she got it at 2 and a half weeks in seedling stage no other girls got it and i chopped her down last week im smoking her now as i type tastes like im smoking green grass just awful but the buzz is amazing concidering shes like 3 weeks early so all good mate..........be lucky weedtastic

Re: Questions and Reponses

As I said b4 I don't want to waste posts like this on dialogue in my journal. Some of u have so much chit chat between updates in your journal that I unsubscribed because I end up with lots of useless emails and it takes to long to search ur journal not just for info but for the poster's last post just as a reference point.

I definitely agree, I hate having to read a million things before you can actually get to the "juicy stuff." That is the main reason why I dont wan't to post a journal of my own cause I don't want to be an asshole and not respond to "chit chat." Besides that everything looks really good, just stopping by to check out the grow.

I read so many posts its hard to remember where I read what sometimes. Lemme goto ur journal and see how u handled it. I had a clone that had leaves that looked that way a few weeks back. I neemed all these just b4 beginning of flower. That was a long ass process.

ill save you the trouble mate i used organic anti fungal spray it only ever kept it at bay thou never really cleared up wish i cud of afforded neem oil myself at the time i think you will be fine with the neem oil..........be lucky weedtastic

Flower Day 40 , some how I was off a day

*Update*
Day 38 8/30
Watered as needed approx 3 gal h2o/B1 PH 6.4. weather began cooling off.
Day 39 nothing
Flower Day 40
This morning I introduced the powdered Kool Bloom, which is recommended for the last 2-3 weeks of flower and this is the 6th week. I mixed 5ml micro, 15ml bloom, 10 ml Plant Amp, 10 ml liquid kool bloom, 1/2 half scoop (small end) powdered Kool bloom mixed w/warm H2O, 3 ml silicone solution, cap full of B1/1 gal H2O. Diluted to PH 6.4, 920PPM. Hit a few dry pots, 1 3 gal, couple 1.5 gals, and some 1 gals. Resin production is looking better at this point compared to the last batch. Resin is already beginner to take over and curl up adjacent leaves.
resin_on_leaves1_day_40_9-1.JPG

The fragrance is stronger this go round as well (when placing my nose close to a flower. I see spots of PM, but I do not want to spray.If I see too much on a leaf I just remove it. I'm hoping at least baking soda water slows the PM down or at least confines it to the leaves. Look what the spray did to my mazar
Mazar_bud_day_40.JPG
Its not the greatest pic, but c the brown pistils? I'm kinda woried about her, I can put my nose right up to her and don't smell a thing. When I gently squeeze a bud I smell a lemony fragrance. The PK has some brown pistils but it looks like it tryna nug up. Smells so good, I can't wait to harvest her. I may have to give them a run next go round.

How are your supercropped plants looking compaired to your others?
Took a couple pics U tell me. Here's a supercroped plant, top view. Notice all of the bud sites? No tying or pruning done to this plant.
Top_of_supercroped_plant1_day_40_9-1.JPG
Here's another
top_of_a_supercroped_plant_day_40_9-1.JPG
Now here's an untouched plant top
unpruned_top_day_40_9-1.JPG

The plant on the right in this pic was topped. U can c the 2 main colas forming.
Topped_plant_day_40_9-1.JPG

This is beneath the 600W HPS
beneath_600W_Day_40_9-1.JPG

Beneath the 400W
medium beneath_400W_Day_40_9-1.JPG

Long view of most of grow space
Room_view_day_40.JPG

This is a somewhat of a low yielding connoisseur strain. Think I can pull a (dry) pound outa here? Can u guys see a difference? Its hard to look at em everyday and see it. As for the clones, 4 have been supercroped, and I FIMed the PK today. Hopefully I did it right the 1st time. Its been a while.

We have had two weeks now of 100 + weather(3 straight days of 107+). One of my plants that should be around 4 weeks out is starting to have amber tricomes on the larger leaves. I had another Whitefly issue so I hit them with Safer which is suppose to be OK to use late in flower. I noticed alot of hairs turning amber as well. I think it is heat related. Should I let it go for a few more weeks or flush and pull?

Also I cut an opening in my drywall to access an outside vent in my indoor room. A few days later I had a Spidermite infestation with webs all over the place. I realize now that the light is pretty bright at the opening attrackting bugs and the screen isin't quite fine enough to keep out very small insects. I wont put them into flower for two more weeks so can I hit them with something strong to kill the mites?

Katorica's damage control

We have had two weeks now of 100 + weather(3 straight days of 107+). One of my plants that should be around 4 weeks out is starting to have amber tricomes on the larger leaves. I had another Whitefly issue so I hit them with Safer which is suppose to be OK to use late in flower. I noticed alot of hairs turning amber as well. I think it is heat related. Should I let it go for a few more weeks or flush and pull?

Also I cut an opening in my drywall to access an outside vent in my indoor room. A few days later I had a Spidermite infestation with webs all over the place. I realize now that the light is pretty bright at the opening attrackting bugs and the screen isin't quite fine enough to keep out very small insects. I wont put them into flower for two more weeks so can I hit them with something strong to kill the mites?
Do u have a magnifying glass or microscope? How are u inspecting trichomes? I've never dealt with temps that high in a grow space. I may not be the right person to ask. as for the mites I've heard that hot shot no pest strips work (haven't had to use mine yet, but got one on deck). If u haven't sprayed, spraying will exacerbate the browning pisitils. UU may want to try a pyrethrium bomb to knock out the mites and whiteflies in one whop. The only thing I'd be concerned about are temps. U may have to do it at night and sleep somewhere else if u grow where u lay ur head. I'll c if we can get some more insight to this. I'm sure there will be other posts shortly.Please post answers and help for Kato here>To Build Or Not To Build. Respond in ur journal, I'm subscribed.It'll pop up in my control panel.

I can visably see the tricomes on the larger leaves turning amber, the shaded areas still look very white. I plan to pick up a strong mag glass this weekend.

I think I got the Whitefly problem under controll. I need to cover my screen up w/ som panty hose to keep the mites out. Will spraying the room directly when the lights are off work? I was going to buy something strong over the counter so it kills every bug in the room.

Temps are suppose to drop so I hope the flowers recover. I'll give them some tea tomorrow and see what they do. if I dont see any new hairs popping up I'll flush the one plant and dry it. It looks like I should get 1 1/2 to 2 oz off it. I had a few plants I left in direct sun this whole season and they handled the heat fine. My indoor had the most problems. Fist the heat then the critters.

The Official BWC Smoke Report Jr., Live.

KatoRica, I answered in ur journal.
OK. Its that time again.......................
Smoke Report Jr.
:cool::Rasta::bong::cheer::cheer::goodjob:
Ok so after the last harvest, I stashed a few popcorn buds to dry. Then I put them in a small jar to "cure". I didn't burp them jar wasn't air tight. NE how they weren't completely done (2 or 3 days in the jar). There was still a small leaf or two, unmanicured. Placed in grinder, placed herb in j-roller, and rolled a j.I'm not too big on joints, but the papers allow u to taste the herb better than blunts. I really don't like pipes.The smoke was SURPRISINGLY smooth. I attribute that to the flush. I can't wait to manicure and cure this one. The high at 1st onset was a light-heavy (like a light-heavyweight boxer) cerebral high, accompanied by a mild, mellow body high. The body high isn't to intense. I been good for approx 20-30 mins. The high tapers off into a more mellow relaxing head high (head meets body here, kinda cool trip). I can't say what the finished product will be. It seems like every time I grow this I get a different result. I had some fruity, trichome laden, mid to dark purple. Green with brown hairs, harsh on the throat. Green with light purple hues and brown hairs. Lemonade smell. I'm really enjoying working with this strain. Each crop had different problems. I believe I'm on like my 6th or 7th cycle with this. Only copped clones twice. I wonder if I got different phenos. Gotta check into that. The current crop should be tell tale, we'll see in a few weeks. Overall I feel this will be great for mild to moderate mental stress relief, mild ADD (this does wonders with my focus),depression. Excellent in a social setting, few tokes and ur ready fro conversation (either speaking or listening). Some say its a decent aphrodisiac. A good daytime took as its relaxed alert high. I attribute that to the Straberry Cough's sativa parentage. Thanks for reading me ramble. Now go vote, use my signature link. We have a lot of good contestants this month, but don't worry bout them. Vote 4 me and we appreciate the support.

Back
Top Bottom