BWC BayArea's Largest Solo Grow to Date

I haven't been posting much because I'm at war over here.A fucking mouse got in!!! Its a small field mouse. They hang around outdoors eating from fallen dried fruit, berries, pet/bird food. Anyhow I was on here the other night and the little shit squeezed under the door. I caught it in my peripheral as I was typing. I been goin thru it. I can't comfortably work with no damn mouse, mice, rats, bats, none of that. So got a green trap and hopefully goes for it and I can throw it down a storm drain and wish it the best on its exodus. Hopefully I don't have to resort to the sticky glue trap,but that's next. I'll update everything in the next day or two. Everything still movin along. The PM is still trying to punk my girls but they're fighters. Last harvest is now curing. Thanks for not forgetting about me. Up to speed next couple days tops. :peace:

Sorry to hear about your little mouse problem. I would stay away from those sticky traps unless you like to hear those little mice suffering those things are pretty horrible.

Flower Day 46

OK. Update. The mouse turned out to be mice. Caught 3 on sticky traps. I tried to lure them outside, green "friendly", traps neither worked. Caught 1 last night and 2 today. All within hours. I just smoked em out and chucked em in the trash. I left one outside as an example. NE how. The PM is progressively destroying foliage. I saw some on a few lower buds. I only have 2 choices as far as I see it. Try and let it go another week and salvage what I can to smoke and cook the rest or spray. I tried to ride it out but when u see the pics u'll understand. It hit the hardest under the 600W, yeah the larger plants. This is also where air circulation is poorest. No oscillating fan, I just reposition it a couple times a day. The intake is on the opposite side of the room and its warmer beneath the 600W as opposed to the 400W. All of these things are risk factors to consider that show a direct correlation between presence of powdery mildew and environment conditions within the same climate IMO. The only thing confusing is knowing the best time to spray. There are reasons to do it it either way. I'm spraying with them on so I don't have high humidity tonite creating a worse problem. Any advice would be helpful. 1 small and one med sized plant were cut down yesterday, over run w/PM. This one had PM on the lower buds, but its a single cola plant.
Culled_out_9-6_due_to_PM.jpg
. This one pretty much had been under watered (PM will attack and spread fast on a vulnerable plant) and over run
Culled_our_9-6_due_to_PM1.JPG
. Its easy to see under HPS. Its also hard to tell because this is a resinous strain who's resin isn't typically confined to the buds. The only way to tell when it get towards the buds is the texture, the mold is drier and grainier in appearance. Other than that, everything else is ok. I been sticking with the feeding schedule and recently incorporated the powdered Kool Bloom into the regimen. Think I got pics from a few days ago. I'll get some today. Hard to capture the PM unless a leaf is just over run in a pic
PM2_9-6.JPG
, but the damage is easy to see. Post a few in a min.
This is the rest of the room, under 600W
flower_day_45_bneath_600W.JPG

Under 400W
flower_day_45_beneath_400W.JPG
Its funny. Looks cooler in the pics. Buds look bigger, LOL.

Sorry to hear about you issues both the mice and the pm, I hope you can get them both under control, good luck..

Flower day 48

Ok, gettin back on track. That fuckin mouse turned out to be a family of six. The weather's changing and I guess they're tryna get outa the cold. I couldn't figure out what they were eating until I discovered a cup of noodles that had fallen out of sight. Unbelievable.
Anyhow I spot sprayed for visible signs of PM which were pretty much ubiquitous on foliage. I mix the Serenade concentrate at a 1 oz to 1/2 gal H2O.
I applied it with a hand held, pump action sprayer. I only sprayed the topside of the leaves. It dried fairly fast with the fans on. I can still see some of the PM spots, but I'll be watching them closely. Tonite I fed half of the pots their final meal 5ml micro/15ml bloom/10ml Plant Amp/10ml Kool Bloom (liquid)/1 small scoop Kool Bloom (powder)/1/2 cap silicone solution PH 6.4, 930 PPM. Bout to start the final flush, hopefully this weekend. Too many pots too run 3X the amount of H2O thru so I'll just be watering from here out (after the other half get fed their last meal). Been runin the AC on dehumidify to keep the RH down. Its been between 45%-55% typically, temps 76-85F day. night 72-80F. No Pics today tired. Been doin some LSTing. Remember how tall the clones were getting? The plants are still in the same spot, never moved. I watered them yesterday with H2O/b1/beneficials PH 6.4. One was wilted due to lack of water. She appears to be better after watering. That's all for today. Thanks for hangin in there with me. I'm thinkin for next run I want a med/high yielder. I really want a one hitter quitter. I'm open to suggestions. I'll probably still run the deep chunk X strawberry cough side by side with it.

:peace:

from reading the journal you've hadled you sitch well. i'm sure your PMsitch will be gone soon your babeing the ladies so your on the rite track.If you ever get a chance to try f**king incredible, GET IT!! I just had some the other day.."HOLY SH*t batman!!this cana killed the joker when he hit it" thats all i can say on how one hit did it for me.

Thank u Tunes420. I'm just tryna keep the PM at bay. The mice are freaking me the fuck out. when the grow's done, the exterminator's commin. Now it looks like they may have been here longer than I thought, but hard to hear movement over fans. This is the part of growing that sucks, U have to wait on the grow to do shit like calling an exterminator. My only thing about the exterminator is that he uses poison bait and stuff. So I dunno about u but when I feel sick I wanna go home and rest. I think the mice are the same way. I don't want a poisoned mouse crawling back into where he sleeps to die and stink up the building. I just noticed that I didn't explain why I didn't spray the underside of the leaves. When I pull leaves with PM, I don't see PM growing on the underside of the leaf. It also causes the plants to lean and/or fall over from the weight of the water on the foliage. Some are already starting to lean from being top heavy.

mouse trap that all that damm exterminator does, we get mice every winter they come in.peanut butter on a mouse trap or fig nuton.save you some bucks.PM do you have a water sitting around in buckets?sometimes standing water will do it also.your at 46 now what a bad time, i have had it about the same time, i let them finish. i was 3 weeks out.as long as it stays on the fans your ok.sorry if i just caught the tail end here.

I do have a container that I empty every day or two that collects water from the AC. Its covered with a hole for the drain hose. I'm tryin to ride this out and come as close to a P as possible. As far as the PM goes. It moves up from the bottom it seems. Got some with a little on the popcorn buds, some gettin it mid way up on the interior, and some have it on upper fans.

Sounds like you have you issues under control and you are in the home stretch. Good luck. + rep

BWC....Like you said ride that shit out as long as you can everyday counts at this point.last 2 weeks you put on the real bud.If you have to cut the bottom buds out fuck it.save the big dogs.and standing water fucked me to, you wouldnt think but it will never happen to me again. after i got the bucket out it all slowed down.you can spray a peroxide mix lightly on the PM or i have heard vinegar works also.

So U think the presence of the AC drainage reservoir is a contributing factor?Never thought of that. I may trim some popcorn buds. I want to c how the spray affected everything, but I still may end up trimming the lower buds. I want to see what it did to the leaves with obvious PM on them. As for the infected buds, I'll wait until they dry and sort them all out. PM is easy to see once a plant is hung to dry. Unless this isn't a good practice more than likely that's what I'll be doin. Thanks for the advice Pit.
Kato, I honestly don't know. They're all diferent sizes. Form the triple potted plants I expect at least 2 oz dry each pot. There are 4 pots. The 1.5 gal i expect 1/2-1 oz each. The 1 gals I expect to get 1/4-1/2 oz dry. Smaller pots an 1/8 or less. I'm looking optimistically for a lb. I really don't keep up with weight.

No CO2, thought about it tho. I was taught the same thing about PM being systemic. I parallel it with herpes. U can't get rid of it once u get it but u can try to keep the outbreaks to a minimum. Strange parallel but for some reason when I think of it that way it sticks, lol. Just one of those things u gotta ride out til the end of the cycle if it doesn't over run it.

Back
Top Bottom