C526 & Dutty Panty Are Gonna Take On The Pestilence

Yes. Every time I harvest I dump the old ocean forest in my to be garden area next to our goat pen and the cow pasture.

That's another reason I got drawn to docs method. Yes there are others our there and yes Im driven enough to learn myself. But man this guy has held my hand without me having to do to much research except fact checking. And it's already got great results documented on here. So in my situation this can save me thousands of dollars per year on soil and bottled nutes. However I'm pretty sure once all my trials are done a couple may still prefer house and garden we shall see.

Thanks again doc for well the great customer service on your product.

What you might try is a couple feedings with H and G in high brix soil for some of those "special" ones.

Looks superb so far but yet again the whole high brix Jillybean looks a Lil more well happy.

The high brix and Pestelence I'll take more pics of after daughters bday party. The h and g is now bigger but not as happy.

The Pheno expression is different because of the feeding regime, they same can happen with coco vs soil, or led vs hps, or cool vs warm, the strain will look exactly the same if all the factors are the same, change one and you also change it's expression. Do it enough times over enough generations and you will literally change the strains genetics.

The Pheno expression is different because of the feeding regime, they same can happen with coco vs soil, or led vs hps, or cool vs warm, the strain will look exactly the same if all the factors are the same, change one and you also change it's expression. Do it enough times over enough generations and you will literally change the strains genetics.

In your experience, or even just the rumor mill, do you think breeders can use this knowledge to craft phenotypes out of strains, like make them more resistant to colder air by stressing them with chilly air generation after generation? Kind of like programming a strain to express a desired way?

In your experience, or even just the rumor mill, do you think breeders can use this knowledge to craft phenotypes out of strains, like make them more resistant to colder air by stressing them with chilly air generation after generation? Kind of like programming a strain to express a desired way?

I've read very similar

... nature has been sculpting like that for ages .. we call it evolution. When done by humans, we call it cultivation or breeding.

A breeder selects for desirable traits .. expressed in the specific growing environment of that breeder. If you have outdoor circumstances, and are based in the Netherlands, your plants will love colder weather after a few generations .. as the rest died. The ones that lived produced offspring .. some of these where not liking cold, others where okay with it, yet others loved it. Select the last, repeat.

Eventually you will have a new strain.

Absolutely, although it is easier to select genetics based on desirable traits than it is to try to alter the environment to cause the desirable shift in genetics.

When it is mentioned that plants acclimate to there environment sometimes they end up expressing themselves in undesirable ways, this is why it is hard to say who has what cut or strain based on appearance, one person says they have the real "X" cut, someone says that doesn't look at all like the "X", which could easily be true but appearances change based on environment, and grower environments can differ from one side of the room to the other.

This is why I believe you have great strains like g13 hashplant that is not the same as it used to be, over time cannabis changes based it's environmental influence. you can stave off the effects but it is inevitable.

Didn't mean to highjack the thread, just wanted to explain the differences in appearances.

... nature has been sculpting like that for ages .. we call it evolution. When done by humans, we call it cultivation or breeding.

A breeder selects for desirable traits .. expressed in the specific growing environment of that breeder. If you have outdoor circumstances, and are based in the Netherlands, your plants will love colder weather after a few generations .. as the rest died. The ones that lived produced offspring .. some of these where not liking cold, others where okay with it, yet others loved it. Select the last, repeat.

Eventually you will have a new strain.

As long as the selections are not genetically linked to undesirable traits this is fine, but often genetic traits are linked, like heavy production linked to tight internodes (plant structure), Heavy terpene production linked to cold tolerance. It gets very complex when making selections it really is not easy choosing for the second generation.

Choosing a mother from a pack of 10 seeds and cloning for production will work great, but pollen chucking beyond F2 with a hybrid cross is almost a lost cause IMO. Too many Phenos with far to many traits that could be linked, imagine each pheno having 4 recessive and 4 dominant traits but only two of the dominant and recessive traits are desirable. you would have to grow out every single pheno and backcross to the original parents over and over and over each time gambling that the desirable traits show themselves, and then when discovered you have to lock them down, by this time likely all the vigour is gone so you have to back cross again to something all together different hopefully a IBL or Landrace and gamble that the hybrid vigor will return along with all the desirable traits.

If you pollen chuck generation after generation in the same environment without adding new genetics, you will end up with an IBL with whatever the plant desires, and it could be anything. Low THC plant that stretches beyond belief and takes 10 weeks to flower and tastes like shit and is not mold or pest resistant or you could win the lottery and create the Super strain.

That's why Pollen chucking is fun it's like playing the lottery

Back
Top Bottom