Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Trying to understand the true healing powers is what I'm reading on for. I'm trying to figure out if there is benefit for arthritis, the best methods of application/injection, etc..

Cancer aside, treatment w/ cannabinoids are definitely effective with arthritis.
The best form I know of has been keeping on top of the symptoms/inflammation by using infused ointments

My first question..
Do non-decarboxylated cannabinoids have the same healing effect as the decarbed ones?

For some things, like arthritis, absolutely. Actually, THCA has been shown for long enough that it rivals CBD in anti inflammation.

Removing the OH group allowsassage blood/brain barrier to activate/attach to receptors. That allows users to get "high". Of course, that is in the brain. What about the rest of the body? I have to think a receptor is a receptor no matter where it is located?

The activation of the cannabinoids are usually for hardcore or chronic/terminal illnesses.
A binder is a binder too. Decarbing doesn't change proteins. It also depends on what receptors & where.

CCO is the way to "heal". I'm just trying to learn.

Keep asking away. Questions won't be treated " negatively" here no matter what it entails. There are enough different members to get ya an answer. It just may not be what you want to here though. Lol.
Ask away though. I'm always interested in other members responses to these too.
Sounds like your interested in cannabinoids, in their acid form, to treat arthritis. And, the best form to take it. And maybe "why" would help you learn
?

Hey Wild Man, what color is your liquid when you are done and pouring it out of the distiller?

And I sure hope you don't get too much more snow!

Mine is dark amber colored. But really it differs according to the material color. My Red Poison was reddish. My NLxBB was amber colored. Fast and Vast was amber but greenish. Haven't done the Wild Thailand Ryder yet. Visitors you know. :helpsmilie:

What color is yours? Can't wait to read your report and see your fotos. :circle-of-love:

WJ
:ciao:

I sent you an email with a pic.

Right now it is decarbing in the oven.

I cleaned out the distiller...after learning to soak a paper towel in some of the alcohol. LOL That stuff does like to stick.

Now I have a gallon of water going to see what the difference is between my "drinkable" softened water and the distilled.
There will be 3 comparisons, one unsoftened from well water, the softened tap water and the distilled with the inside of the distiller to see any residue.

:circle-of-love:

Oh, not to mention ham in the crock pot...ham gravy going, and potatoes cooking for hot ham sandwiches smothered in gravy with smashed tators...

I'd like to advise everyone that I've read numerous articles lately about the serious dangers of e-cigs being toxic to our health, therefore it would not be wise to medicate with one. :thanks:

For anyone that's interested in making canna-juice for e-cigs Mr. Amazing has found a step by step guide for me. It's similar to tincture but made specifically for e-cigs (meaning it won't clog your cartridges).
Just hit me up and I'll PM you a link.

I sent you an email with a pic.

Right now it is decarbing in the oven.

I cleaned out the distiller...after learning to soak a paper towel in some of the alcohol. LOL That stuff does like to stick.

Now I have a gallon of water going to see what the difference is between my "drinkable" softened water and the distilled.
There will be 3 comparisons, one unsoftened from well water, the softened tap water and the distilled with the inside of the distiller to see any residue.

Oh, not to mention ham in the crock pot...ham gravy going, and potatoes cooking for hot ham sandwiches smothered in gravy with smashed tators...

Crock pot full of pulled pork and a pot of lentil soup on the stove. :) :peace:

Excuse me for barging in without reading the 60+ pages. Could someone tell me what the ratio of cannabis to oil is?
My aunt has crohns disease, currently paying $80 an oz. Seems rather cheap, no? how could one possibly make CCO cheaper than that? is it inferior product possibly?

HI Yeatster, welcome to the thread and very glad that you are interested in learning about the concentrated oil. Your questions will get answered, but first I want to clarify when you said "$80.00 an oz" are you talking cannabis bud or oil?

I do want to mention before the rest of the answers come around, the concentrated oil is a highly concentrated form of cannabis. It is a pure extract, much more potent than just smoking or vaping regular cannabis. For myself, the healing qualities of oil vs. regular cannabis smoking is what I'm looking at. I don't really look at cost of one vs. the other, I suppose that might come into play if I weren't growing my own. Even then, now that I know of the benefits of the concentrated oil I would opt for that hands down.

Someone else will probably answer you with some more specifics to your question on ratios.

HI Yeatster, welcome to the thread and very glad that you are interested in learning about the concentrated oil. Your questions will get answered, but first I want to clarify when you said "$80.00 an oz" are you talking cannabis bud or oil?

I do want to mention before the rest of the answers come around, the concentrated oil is a highly concentrated form of cannabis. It is a pure extract, much more potent than just smoking or vaping regular cannabis. For myself, the healing qualities of oil vs. regular cannabis smoking is what I'm looking at. I don't really look at cost of one vs. the other, I suppose that might come into play if I weren't growing my own. Even then, now that I know of the benefits of the concentrated oil I would opt for that hands down.

Someone else will probably answer you with some more specifics to your question on ratios.

hey Cannafan, she said it was $80 an oz. for cannabis oil. did not specify it was "consentrated". I assumed it was.,

I'd like to advise everyone that I've read numerous articles lately about the serious dangers of e-cigs being toxic to our health, therefore it would not be wise to medicate with one. :thanks:
Thanxx for the heads up. I heard something similar but they were saying it's nowhere near as toxic as cigarettes. That was probably a rebuttal article I read.

Thanxx for the heads up. I heard something similar but they were saying it's nowhere near as toxic as cigarettes. That was probably a rebuttal article I read.

Thanx alot Reg. Now you got us all in trouble.
Melon farmer. Lol.

hey Cannafan, she said it was $80 an oz. for cannabis oil. did not specify it was "consentrated". I assumed it was.,

Yes, that's a concentrate. I have no idea where she gets it from or if it has been tested, the strain choice...Indica dominant or Sativa. There are so many variables here.
Crohns disease is a little bit similar to things like IBS and IBD, notice I said a little bit. There are different symptoms for each for sure.
I will say that I beat my lifelong IBS/IBD by using the CCO via the tacking method.
When I was making edibles, before I started on the oil, I still had the issues. It did not completely stop until I started on the oil method. It was gradual, but it's gone.

Yes, that's a concentrate. I have no idea where she gets it from or if it has been tested, the strain choice...Indica dominant or Sativa. There are so many variables here.
Crohns disease is a little bit similar to things like IBS and IBD, notice I said a little bit. There are different symptoms for each for sure.
I will say that I beat my lifelong IBS/IBD by using the CCO via the tacking method.
When I was making edibles, before I started on the oil, I still had the issues. It did not completely stop until I started on the oil method. It was gradual, but it's gone.

I guess my next question would be, is it cost effective to make your own CCO? And how much cannabis would it take to make an oz. of oil? Thanks Cannafan, you are always so quick with info. Hats off to you!

I guess my next question would be, is it cost effective to make your own CCO? And how much cannabis would it take to make an oz. of oil? Thanks Cannafan, you are always so quick with info. Hats off to you!

If you are growing your own cannabis, yes...it's cost effective. We all know how much it costs to by cannabis in dispensaries, or on the street. It's expensive stuff that is lining everyone's elses greedy pockets.

We were just discussing how much oil we were getting per every 2 oz. of buds on an average. I'll see if I can find that, or maybe john will pop in here before then...or cajun? LOL There is the cost of the alcohol used to make the concentrate to add into that.
Now that I can reclaim a lot of that, It's going to save me a ton of money for sure.

I would look at it this way, if the maximum benefits to healing are in the oil and how it is applied per specific situation, and minimum healing benefits are in the smoking/vape then the cost is worth it. If a person needs to heal, why waste time and money on something that might only partly do the job if at all? If you have an issue, you want it gone. You don't want it kind of gone....but still have it...might get worse.

I'll see if I can find that ratio of grams to buds later. I've got some photos to upload and update to do on 3 different things. LOL

If you are growing your own cannabis, yes...it's cost effective. We all know how much it costs to by cannabis in dispensaries, or on the street. It's expensive stuff that is lining everyone's elses greedy pockets.

We were just discussing how much oil we were getting per every 2 oz. of buds on an average. I'll see if I can find that, or maybe john will pop in here before then...or cajun? LOL There is the cost of the alcohol used to make the concentrate to add into that.
Now that I can reclaim a lot of that, It's going to save me a ton of money for sure.

I would look at it this way, if the maximum benefits to healing are in the oil and how it is applied per specific situation, and minimum healing benefits are in the smoking/vape then the cost is worth it. If a person needs to heal, why waste time and money on something that might only partly do the job if at all? If you have an issue, you want it gone. You don't want it kind of gone....but still have it...might get worse.

I'll see if I can find that ratio of grams to buds later. I've got some photos to upload and update to do on 3 different things. LOL

Thank you so much. No worries, take your time, your a busy gal and I appreciate the effort.
Peace

Okay ppls, let me explain to you the error of my ways on some oil today.

Things were moving along beautifully, and I have step by step pics later, until I got to the point of pouring the concentrate out of the distiller.
I saw a light milky brown color substance with oil "floaties" in it. I thought that I had totally mucked something up, but could not figure out where in the world I went wrong.

I went ahead and started the decarb process in the stainless steel cup, hoping for the best....but heart sinking that I had just wasted all of that bud.
After about an hour it dawned on me what I had done. Several months ago I filled an empty bottle of everclear halfway with Popov Vodka and stuck in the freezer thinking it would be a back up if I ever ran out and had no funds for the everclear.
I completely forgot about it.
So, guess what partially filled bottle of Everclear I used today? YEP, the vodka.
The reason my liquid came out looking that way is because of the high water content.

I have been decarbing now for a couple of hours. LOL I am finally getting a cup that has the proper color and bubbles going. It's going to be oil after all.
:cheer:

I've been messing around with this for a while, just having an open mind and backed by science (my dad is a chemist) I've bumped into a few things sort of by accident.

I take oil because it stimulates my nervous system (reduces numbness & pins and needles) and increases my appetite and removes nausea. Here it's quite illegal so high THC strains is usually all you can get and by decarbing differently I've managed to boost THC content or reduce it based on my needs.

Reduced THC oil is not good for nausea or appetite control but I can take it during the day and it won't make me drowsy. I also find that by reducing the THC I can take higher doses without the usual high.

Some people ask "is this the best way?". Best way for what? Recreational or arthritis?

Speaking of arthritis, I've given oil to lots of people looking for pain relief. A couple of people with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, etc. High THC, High CBD, no decarb, decarbed @ 250 for 27 minutes, decarbed @ 250 for 51 minutes and they all tell me they need to take a lot of drops to get rid of the pain, so a big investment only lasts them a few weeks.

A while back I always ended up with this green "stuff" at the bottom of the pot that I couldn't pickup. I added ethabnol, left it overnight, refiltered through a coffee filter and re-evaporated. Left it runny and mixed it with almond oil. It was like 3 ml mixed in 120 ml of almond oil. Like a 2.5% mix. I gave it to someone that works for my mom and told him to rub it on his GF's lower back cause of a herniated disk. I told him it was quite runny and it might not work.

I worked very well. He gave it to his 80 year old mom for her arthritis and it worked great. Also at 2.5% its dark yellow and the almond oil cherry smell masks the weed smell. Since then I've been giving out as a topical oil as an analgesic.

I've given it to about 10 people and it has worked for everyone since the very first time and at this dilution there are no psychoactive effects, even from a high THC strain. With oral you need to start low and find your dose, work your way up, etc, etc. With topical it works from the get-go and since it doesn't smell funny its much easier to get "cannabis virgins" to try it out. It even works to reduce the pain from sore muscles.

I've been messing around with this for a while, just having an open mind and backed by science (my dad is a chemist) I've bumped into a few things sort of by accident.

I take oil because it stimulates my nervous system (reduces numbness & pins and needles) and increases my appetite and removes nausea. Here it's quite illegal so high THC strains is usually all you can get and by decarbing differently I've managed to boost THC content or reduce it based on my needs.

Reduced THC oil is not good for nausea or appetite control but I can take it during the day and it won't make me drowsy. I also find that by reducing the THC I can take higher doses without the usual high.

Some people ask "is this the best way?". Best way for what? Recreational or arthritis?

Speaking of arthritis, I've given oil to lots of people looking for pain relief. A couple of people with arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, fibromyalgia, etc. High THC, High CBD, no decarb, decarbed @ 250 for 27 minutes, decarbed @ 250 for 51 minutes and they all tell me they need to take a lot of drops to get rid of the pain, so a big investment only lasts them a few weeks.

A while back I always ended up with this green "stuff" at the bottom of the pot that I couldn't pickup. I added ethabnol, left it overnight, refiltered through a coffee filter and re-evaporated. Left it runny and mixed it with almond oil. It was like 3 ml mixed in 120 ml of almond oil. Like a 2.5% mix. I gave it to someone that works for my mom and told him to rub it on his GF's lower back cause of a herniated disk. I told him it was quite runny and it might not work.

I worked very well. He gave it to his 80 year old mom for her arthritis and it worked great. Also at 2.5% its dark yellow and the almond oil cherry smell masks the weed smell. Since then I've been giving out as a topical oil as an analgesic.

I've given it to about 10 people and it has worked for everyone since the very first time and at this dilution there are no psychoactive effects, even from a high THC strain. With oral you need to start low and find your dose, work your way up, etc, etc. With topical it works from the get-go and since it doesn't smell funny its much easier to get "cannabis virgins" to try it out. It even works to reduce the pain from sore muscles.

I, for one, appreciate the information on the topical Lab Rat. I hurt the middle of my back the other day right on the bones and the soreness is keeping me from sleeping on it. I can sleep great on my side. I have some oil that was thinned down with grape seed oil, and I have some almond oil on hand from my old soap making days. I'm going to play around with that some more and see if I can get some good results on the sore bones. I say bones...cuz there's no fat there for cushion. LOL

:thanks:

Now, if I wasn't going to keep this distiller for the benefit of reclaiming the alcohol, I have decided I would absolutely keep it for the cleaner water. Distilled....it looks delicious!

Here's a comparison pic of my water from the well, then through the softener and finally through the distiller. What a difference!

distilled_water_2.jpg

distilled_water_1.jpg

I'll get a pic of what was left in the distiller as soon as it's finished up.

Excuse me for barging in without reading the 60+ pages. Could someone tell me what the ratio of cannabis to oil is?
My aunt has crohns disease, currently paying $80 an oz. Seems rather cheap, no? how could one possibly make CCO cheaper than that? is it inferior product possibly?

Welcome Yeatster, The oil your aunt bought is probably a weak tincture, was she told to take a couple of drops under her tongue? That's a tincture. CCO is a highly concentrated Oil, if you take a 1/4 grain of rice (CCO is very thick) and eat it you will get totally wasted, which most people trying to heal their ailment don't want.

You should read the first couple of pages on the CCO journals (Links in my signature) this will help you to get to know what CCO is, not that crap they sell for profit. Let's say you have every tool it takes to make the CCO but you still need to buy the flower & carrier. In a legal state like mine, 1 Ounce of the proper flower would cost you Approx. $280 to $350. The Carrier (Everclear) Approx. $90. Approx. $405 per Ounce to make. If you found high THC flower you could make about 4 grams of CCO that's $101.25 per gram of the real CCO that you made yourself.

Read and ask questions, other "Oilseeds" will show up and chime in. :love::cco::love:

Back
Top Bottom