Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

I went down to feed the girls and guys and took a couple pics. I also introduced the ladybugs I caught today. They are happily patrolling the area.:cheesygrinsmiley:
First up a couple pics of some of the ladies and the progress now that I've stopped tucking.
10-30_flowering_2.jpg
10-30_flowering.jpg

And on the other side of the basement are the males:
10-30_males.jpg
10-30_Male.jpg

And then the camera sd card was full. Grrrrr I need to get a back up card and keep one blank.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg and More! CFL's/LED/HPS

Those males are looking good are you keeping them around for breeding purposes. If so plus reps you have basically conquered this growing thing in one shot. from seedling to cloning to training and breeding whatttt!!! well done cannafan

Those males are looking good are you keeping them around for breeding purposes. If so plus reps you have basically conquered this growing thing in one shot. from seedling to cloning to training and breeding whatttt!!! well done cannafan
Thanks Shottafire! I keep meaning to get back to your journal and check out the rest of what you've been doing with videos and teas. Busy busy. LOL
I am keeping them for a couple of reasons, one to watch the process and photo log it on my blog for new growers, and two...yeah I"m gonna do some pollen collecting. shhhhhh..... Just now posted a question to donpaul.p on his new experiment with super males thread on collecting the pollen.
Have a great night and good weed to you. :)

I went down to feed the girls and guys and took a couple pics. I also introduced the ladybugs I caught today. They are happily patrolling the area.:cheesygrinsmiley:
First up a couple pics of some of the ladies and the progress now that I've stopped tucking.
10-30_flowering_2.jpg
10-30_flowering.jpg

And on the other side of the basement are the males:
10-30_males.jpg
10-30_Male.jpg

And then the camera sd card was full. Grrrrr I need to get a back up card and keep one blank.

seeing the progression of the males is very cool i always toss them out due to lack of space

Marmara, Aphrodite, Athena, Andromeda, Danae, Cassiopeia, and Medusa are all looking wonderful!

there were about five hundred of these all over this house we were working on
IMG_064524.JPG
IMG_064619.JPG
IMG_064724.JPG
IMG_064823.JPG

here's some questions for everyone this may effect you canna
1. are the imposter lady bugs good for the plants (aka Japaneese Lady Beatle)
2. if not how do we tell the difference.

I've notice some of them haven't any spots and some are orange.

there were about five hundred of these all over this house we were working on ]

Hi USMCO,
I did some research when I first discovered them in my grow room (the lady bugs) because I did have a concern that you have. I came to the conclusion that the Asian lady bug was more of a nuisance type of thing to home owners. I watched the lady bugs for about a week to make sure they were not consuming my plants. I have some orange colors in there too.
Here's one article with a couple of pictures:
Looks like an innocent lady bug, but guess again-
They are difficult to tell the species apart.
I did see a most unusual type yesterday on the net though, this site gives pics of the good, the bad..and the ugly. LOL Notice the difference in the heads:
Good bug, bad bug: How can you tell the difference? | MNN - Mother Nature Network
I think the best thing to do is pop around on the net and read up and decide for yourself, because there are those that say they will eat your plants and those that say they are harmless to the plants, but a pest because they gather inside homes for winter shelter.
All in all, I remained up in the air on it. I just know the ones I have collected and the ones that appeared on my plants a while back have done zero harm to the plants. I believe they are my little helpers. ;-):circle-of-love:

Marmara, Aphrodite, Athena, Andromeda, Danae, Cassiopeia, and Medusa are all looking wonderful!

I agree 100%, The shade of green is looking lovely, and they have that happy upright look to them! Great work as usual my friend! :circle-of-love:

there were about five hundred of these all over this house we were working on

These species are closely related, and are all insectivores. Believe it or not, they bite people once in a while. I did not believe it until I got bit by one. A guy who didn't believe in dinosaurs told me, so I didn't believe him. Some people are allergic to their bites, but I would imagine this is pretty rare, and I doubt it is very common.
:surf:

I agree 100%, The shade of green is looking lovely, and they have that happy upright look to them! Great work as usual my friend! :circle-of-love:

These species are closely related, and are all insectivores. Believe it or not, they bite people once in a while. I did not believe it until I got bit by one. A guy who didn't believe in dinosaurs told me, so I didn't believe him. Some people are allergic to their bites, but I would imagine this is pretty rare, and I doubt it is very common.
:surf:

Thanks everybody for the thumbs up on the plants progress. :)
And I discovered last night that aprhodite did just what we were hoping she wouldn't do.....yep..got a hermie. It's now named hermaprhodite. CHIT! It must be from the several changes in lighting schedules, will never know for sure. But the stress factor must have won. I found two areas of the stems where there are tiny little pollen sacs forming. She-it is now in with the male plants to decide what to do with it. I don't think it would be at all useful to collect pollen, right? Probably should put she-it to a final resting place.
So in the end, I germed 10 seeds...one was slow to pop and when it did, it didn't survive in the soil. Of 9 successes on seeds I have 6 females, and now have 5 female clones doing well..... so I am happy with that. :)
It's going to be a busy weekend here, but I will try to get some pictures up at some point.
toodles for now my friends. :)

I would say if you really want to collect pollen than ditch the males and grab it from the cross dresser. Although, if this is your first experience with growing and you already have female clones...what's the real need imho. I'd actually toss all three in the trash if it were me. Seeds are easy to come by and until you actually see the end results of a certain plant, who's to say you want to even keep/grow it again anyway. You're probably gonna have quite a bit of work over the next two months as it is, why waste energy on what may be a waste of energy while learning; just my humble 2 cents (worth at best a penny.)

Thanks everybody for the thumbs up on the plants progress. :)
And I discovered last night that aprhodite did just what we were hoping she wouldn't do.....yep..got a hermie. It's now named hermaprhodite. CHIT! It must be from the several changes in lighting schedules, will never know for sure. But the stress factor must have won. I found two areas of the stems where there are tiny little pollen sacs forming. She-it is now in with the male plants to decide what to do with it. I don't think it would be at all useful to collect pollen, right? Probably should put she-it to a final resting place.
So in the end, I germed 10 seeds...one was slow to pop and when it did, it didn't survive in the soil. Of 9 successes on seeds I have 6 females, and now have 5 female clones doing well..... so I am happy with that. :)
It's going to be a busy weekend here, but I will try to get some pictures up at some point.
toodles for now my friends. :)

You got the 50/50 male/female ratio. (Minus the one that didn't make it and the hermie) you were ahead of the game to start so all is well. I would cull the hermie asap if I was you ...seeds from hermied plants are more likely to hermie under any stress...just my opinion

Your doing great!

I would say if you really want to collect pollen than ditch the males and grab it from the cross dresser. Although, if this is your first experience with growing and you already have female clones...what's the real need imho. I'd actually toss all three in the trash if it were me. Seeds are easy to come by and until you actually see the end results of a certain plant, who's to say you want to even keep/grow it again anyway. You're probably gonna have quite a bit of work over the next two months as it is, why waste energy on what may be a waste of energy while learning; just my humble 2 cents (worth at best a penny.)

Hi Jamthe3
My original plan was to toss any males I came up with, but plans change for various reasons.
Eventually I would love to try creating my own strain...emphasis on eventually. LOL Which is the reason for wanting to try the pollen collection process. I want to be sure I can properly store it before I'm ready for that step though.
Is the reason for getting pollen from the cross dresser because the seeds would be more likely to have a higher percentage of female?
You're right, I have a lot of work ahead of me....but I'm going to be spending a lot of time in my basement for other reasons the next two months..so I want to experiment while I'm there.:)

You got the 50/50 male/female ratio. (Minus the one that didn't make it and the hermie) you were ahead of the game to start so all is well. I would cull the hermie asap if I was you ...seeds from hermied plants are more likely to hermie under any stress...just my opinion

Your doing great!
Thanks Jay233, I didn't read your post until after I responded to Jam's. I hadn't thought about the seeds possibly producing hermie plants.
I'm going to read up on a couple of the experienced growers threads over the weekend on breeding and pollen collection. I will have plenty of time for that. LOL

yes, the pollen from the hermie will likely produce girls; and yes, hermies are likely to have hermie offspring...however, feminized seeds come from hermies. In other words (I guess) you don't want the "inbred" seeds of the same "hermie." You want the pollen of a "hermie" to pregnate a true female....but then again, I'm just an old fart who's only been "trying" to grow for 30+ years, so what do I know. Still stand by my initial feeling that all three are a waste of space, time, resources, electricity, etc until you actually know that one of the girls still in the screen is a keeper. You have clones of them, so its easy to reproduce later should one show her worth, imho. Time isn't just money...its actually a way to enjoy life, why waste it.

yes, the pollen from the hermie will likely produce girls; and yes, hermies are likely to have hermie offspring...however, feminized seeds come from hermies. In other words (I guess) you don't want the "inbred" seeds of the same "hermie." You want the pollen of a "hermie" to pregnate a true female....but then again, I'm just an old fart who's only been "trying" to grow for 30+ years, so what do I know. Still stand by my initial feeling that all three are a waste of space, time, resources, electricity, etc until you actually know that one of the girls still in the screen is a keeper. You have clones of them, so its easy to reproduce later should one show her worth, imho. Time isn't just money...its actually a way to enjoy life, why waste it.

Excellent advice jam

I remembered one more thing. In BrokeAssRegs thread he has a pic of a male(early flower) in post #420, I thought this number was ironic and that was why I remember. And I have a knack for memorizing pointless things :?
Looking back, you know I never noticed that?

the plant with the wrinkled leaves is most likely a defective gene, if it continues to be weak i would kill it and focus on the other plants. it appears to have a heat or cooling issue as well.
This plus the fact that I've now done a complete read of Cannafan's journal & noticed this plant still carries traits of deformities has me re-evaluating if it's worth me keeping KUMIKO (Honey Haze-feminized) struggling.

Dyold,
it is.....hmmm....I look at it as a circle. :rofl: Inside the circle seems cramped and controlled with one mind that doesn't develop new thoughts. There are no doors for other thoughts to enter, it is trapped within itself. I like being outside of the circle...freedom to go, to do, to think on my own.................
Bet you weren't counting on that kind of answer. :biglaugh:
I'll head over to your grow and see what you're up to.
Now I better understand the post I seen not to long ago with just the plain circle.

:ciao:
HI BAR, and :welcome: I hope you have a few days to spare...unless yer a speed reader. LOL We do have fun here. ;-)
Actually I'm caught up already. The method of reading I use many would call speed reading but actually it's called "mind over words". My 6th grade teacher spent nearly half of the school year teaching our class how to read with your mind & not your mouth. I actually read & comprehend every word but at a pace that speech can't keep up with. The downfall is I have to concentrate to comprehend what I read out loud now.
:nicethread:

Back
Top Bottom