Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow

Dunno -statistically guessing I've popped more seeds in the last ten days than 90% the people here have in their whole lives. I use H2o2 out my swimming pool every time and bat at 85%+ average as evidenced in photos, videos and a bunch of stuff.

What works for me in the tropics, or what works for the way more temperate Africa? Don't care where you live - stop everyone saying your way is the highway, please? Canada is different to Boston is different to Miami to LA to Stockholm.

I’m seeing really experienced growers having issues popping them using their tried and tested methods. Suggests to me its not the members’ fault.

My method is basically that of an OG Elite breeder, Hall of Famer called Simon from Serious Seeds. H2O2 if you can soak for an hour or two, then to paper and ziploks hung vertically so once a day you can swing them up and let the moisture that pools at the bottom run up and re soak the paper. Here we get 1” tail after 48 hours, that’s likely cause the 30c 75% Rh 365 environment. We also never put them in the fridge nor pop them immediately after they arrive if by airmail.

That’s our way and popped literally 100’s this year.

Some of the seed popping suggestions here seem to verge on “you’re doing it wrong” That’s pretty judgemental and getting tedious. Perhaps a bit more “this is what works for me” rather than being prescriptive.

For me - think Canuk have run out of time. Over two months since they posted them and not arrived so I bought some OG Kush off someone else for the journal I started for the grow (get a kilo out a 4x4 with a $150 light in solos)

But the seeds ever arrive I’ll circle back here and post my popping results. BUT - its what works for us. I would never presuppose that someone somewhere else in the world knows better.
Thank you for saying this. I have had it with people suggesting I don't know how to germinate seeds!

None of the 10 seeds I tried have germinated. I am unimpressed with Canuk's lack of response to the experienced growers who have not been able to get their seeds to germ. It appears as if it is a thing that they should be addressing.

I don't understand the point of this comparative grow, other than to promote the company in order to increase market share. With respect, where is the Canuk voice?

Thank you for saying this. I have had it with people suggesting I don't know how to germinate seeds!

None of the 10 seeds I tried have germinated. I am unimpressed with Canuk's lack of response to the experienced growers who have not been able to get their seeds to germ. It appears as if it is a thing that they should be addressing.

I don't understand the point of this comparative grow, other than to promote the company in order to increase market share. With respect, where is the Canuk voice?

no h202 needed tap water dechlorinated by standing 24 hrs works great 100%

I have not grown out their seeds before, and as you mentioned my germination rate was not good.
The first four fail to germinate, but the last three germinated and was doing very well before I had to cud them.
When I fail to received an answer, I just changed everything up.

I had some other strains of theirs so I drop a GG#4, in order not to waste the journal.
Hopefully I will have a sign in two or three more days.

The first 3 Lamb's Bread seeds I received from @Canuk Seeds didn't germinate but they were kind enough to send me 3 more and I'm happy to report the 2 I planted germinated. Here they are at Day 35 for Lana and Day 29 for Lola:

Lamb's Bread on November 11, 2023-.JPG

Hey - you reckon the Mods like @Teddy Edwards could help you do a postwhere we can keep through all the contest rhreads?

I had the honour of the fantastic @HashGirl pop up in my journal today because they want to, like me, to follow along with as many as possible of the grows.

Seems like it would be super cool to have them in one place for the grows?

Nick

I'm actually working on a list. I made one for the GSC comparative grow and am in the process of making one for this grow.

Okay, folks, here are all the journals I found for this comparative grow. If there are any errors or if I'm missing any, please let me know.

@2Water - 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water
  • 4 Trainwreck Fems
@Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Absorber
  • 2 Acapulco Gold Fem Elite
  • 2 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 2 Green Crack Fem Elite
  • 2 Obi Wan Kush Fem Elite
@CaptainLucky - CaptainLucky's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow 2023
  • 2 Lamb's Bread Fem Elite
@Cola Monster - Cola Monster's Canuk Seeds Grow Featuring Acapulco Gold Fem & Afghan Hash Plant
  • 3 Acapulco Gold Fem Elite
  • 3 Afghan Hash Plant Fem
@DeltaDubie Canuk Comparative Grow 2023 - Granddaddy Bruce Fem, Hp Pro Mix, Smart Pot, Indoor-
  • 4 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
@Freak Brothers - 420 And Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Coco Melon Reg Elite
  • 1 GG #4
  • 1 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
@Grand Daddy Black - Canuk Seeds: GDB Just Canuking Around
  • 2 Cement Shoes Fem Elite
  • 2 G13 Fem
  • 2 Purple Punch Fem Elite
HashGirl (me) - Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow - HashGirl Grows Lamb's Bread
@Jack420 - 420's Purple Punch And Cement Shoes Grow - Sponsored By Canuk Seeds!
  • 1 Cement Shoes Fem Elite
  • 1 Purple Punch Fem Elite
@Joe Brewster - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Joe Grows Cherry Pie & Strawberry Banana
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Strawberry Banana Fem
@Justin Goody - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Justin Goody Grows Kryptonite Kush And Cement Shoes
  • 1 Cement Shoes Fem
  • 1 Kryptonite Kush Fast Fem
@MotaFina - 420 Magazine Canuck Seeds Comparative Grow - Motafina - Critical Mass
  • 2 Critical Mass Fem
@NickHardy - Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Canuck Mars Hydro FCE4800 4x4 18 Solos Viva Voce Grow
  • 18 Bruce Banner #3 Reg Elite narrowed down to 9 plants after sexing
  • 9 Lamb's Bread Fem Elite
@Northward - 420 Canuk Seeds Official Comparative Grow Featuring Lambs Bread: SIP Style LLC
  • 6 Lamb's Bread Elite
@PGA Caddie - Canuk Seeds Comparative: Viente:Uno CBD
  • 3 Viente:Uno CBD Fem
@Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch
  • 1 Blue Dream Elite
  • 1 GG #4
@Schnookie - Schnookie's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow - Regular Cement Shoes & Bruce Banner CBD
  • 4 Bruce Banner CBD Reg
  • 4 Cement Shoes Reg Elite
@Tokin Roll - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Tok Grows Gorilla Glue #4
  • 2 Gorilla Glue Fem
@Vegan4life - V4L's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow: Cherry Pie Fems, LOS, 2023
  • 4 Cherry Pie Fem
@WakkaDerpin - 420's Comparative Sponsored By Canuk Seeds Zkittles Glue Elite By WakkaDerpin 2023
  • 4 Zkittlez Glue Fem

Okay, folks, here are all the journals I found for this comparative grow. If there are any errors or if I'm missing any, please let me know.

@2Water - 420 Magazine's Canuk Seeds Comparative Indoor Grow - Trainwreck By 2Water
  • 4 Trainwreck Fems
  • 2 Cherry Pie Fem
@Cola Monster - Cola Monster's Canuk Seeds Grow Featuring Acapulco Gold Fem & Afghan Hash Plant
@DeltaDubie Canuk Comparative Grow 2023 - Granddaddy Bruce Fem, Hp Pro Mix, Smart Pot, Indoor-
  • 4 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Coco Melon Reg Elite
  • 1 GG #4
  • 1 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 2 G13 Fem
@Joe Brewster - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Joe Grows Cherry Pie & Strawberry Banana
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
@Justin Goody - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative: Justin Goody Grows Kryptonite Kush And Cement Shoes
  • 1 Cement Shoes Fem
@MotaFina - 420 Magazine Canuck Seeds Comparative Grow - Motafina - Critical Mass
  • 2 Critical Mass Fem
@NickHardy - Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Canuck Mars Hydro FCE4800 4x4 18 Solos Viva Voce Grow
@Northward - 420 Canuk Seeds Official Comparative Grow Featuring Lambs Bread: SIP Style LLC
  • 6 Lamb's Bread Elite
@Regrowth - A Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow Ft. GG#4, Cement Shoes, Blue Dream, Purple Punch
  • 1 Blue Dream Elite
  • 1 GG #4
@Schnookie - Schnookie's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow - Regular Cement Shoes & Bruce Banner CBD
  • 4 Bruce Banner CBD Reg
  • 2 Gorilla Glue Fem
  • 4 Cherry Pie Fem
@WakkaDerpin - 420's Comparative Sponsored By Canuk Seeds Zkittles Glue Elite By WakkaDerpin 2023
  • 4 Zkittlez Glue Fem
You can remove mine from your list @HashGirl. Due to my inability to get any of the seeds to pop I've requested that it be moved to "completed."

• 4 Trainwreck Fems
  • 2 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 4 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Coco Melon Reg Elite
  • 1 GG #4
  • 1 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 2 G13 Fem
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Cement Shoes Fem
  • 2 Critical Mass Fem
  • 6 Lamb's Bread Elite
  • 1 Blue Dream Elite
  • 1 GG #4
  • 4 Bruce Banner CBD Reg
  • 2 Gorilla Glue Fem
  • 4 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 4 Zkittlez Glue Fem
Here is one you missed Jungle Joe goes off the rails with Canuk Seeds... because it just started

• 4 Trainwreck Fems
  • 2 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 4 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Coco Melon Reg Elite
  • 1 GG #4
  • 1 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 2 G13 Fem
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Cement Shoes Fem
  • 2 Critical Mass Fem
  • 6 Lamb's Bread Elite
  • 1 Blue Dream Elite
  • 1 GG #4
  • 4 Bruce Banner CBD Reg
  • 2 Gorilla Glue Fem
  • 4 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 4 Zkittlez Glue Fem
great post

Probably remove mine too! Lost on the High Seas it seems after 2 months 🥲

I don’t know that if they show I have any Lambs Bread! Be cool I do and they turn up! Seems a popular choice!

But I can’t leave that tent dormant any longer and for various boring reasons it was gonna be my last journal anyway. But as I said to the Teddster “Iron Fist - Velvet Glove” Edwards be shame to waste a journal I’d started anyway. So a quick rename.

Lots of talk about how to pop seeds here. I’m adamant it depends where you are in the world, your background environmental metrics. Wasabi seeds best practice is to freeze them for 3 months! Mimics winter apparently. So works for some may not work for others and its very much a global site here at 420magazine.com

Made mates around the world right here.

So anyway I’ve covered it a few times but here’s my ultimate “How We Pop” here in Thailand in the slightly rejigged Journal I started.

Saw dee krup 🙏🏼

Nick & Co

Hey everyone!

We just wanted to take a minute to apologize for any delays in our getting back to you for anyone who has reached out.

Unfortunately due to some technical difficulties, we were unable to access our account here for a little while which prevented us from being able to log in and respond to DMs and mentions.

For anyone that has reached out to us via DM, or mention, we will be getting back to all of you over the next couple of days! We very much appreciate your patience.

We’ve been reviewing all the journals that have been sent to us so far, and have been keeping up with the posts, and progress… great to see how most are doing!

Again, if anyone has any questions or concerns, please DM us here so that we can be of assistance!

Happy growing! :thanks:

Updates are below:

• 4 Trainwreck Fems
  • 2 Cherry Pie Fem

@Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow (Updated)
  • 2 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 2 Wedding Cake Fem Elite
  • 4 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 1 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 1 Coco Melon Reg Elite
  • 1 GG #4
  • 1 Granddaddy Bruce Fem
  • 2 G13 Fem
  • 2 G13 Fem
Journal Cancelled as Seeds Didn't Germinate.

New Canuk Seeds Grow Journal:

@Jungle Joseph - Jungle Joe Goes Off The Rails With Canuk Seeds
  • 1 Trainwreck Fem

Grow Journal Cancelled due to Seeds Not Arriving:

@NickHardy
- Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Canuck Mars Hydro FCE4800 4x4 18 Solos Viva Voce Grow

@Porky82 - 420Magazine Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Porky!
  • 4 Banana Punch Fem

If there any other additions or deletions, please let me know. I will do my best to keep this list up-to-date.

Updates are below:

@Absorber - 420's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow (Updated)
  • 2 Cherry Pie Fem
  • 2 Wedding Cake Fem Elite

• 2 G13 Fem
Journal Cancelled as Seeds Didn't Germinate.

@Jungle Joseph - Jungle Joe Goes Off The Rails With Canuk Seeds
  • 1 Trainwreck Fem

Grow Journal Cancelled due to Seeds Not Arriving:

@NickHardy
- Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Canuck Mars Hydro FCE4800 4x4 18 Solos Viva Voce Grow

@Porky82 - 420Magazine Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow By Porky!
  • 4 Banana Punch Fem

If there any other additions or deletions, please let me know. I will do my best to keep this list up-to-date.
Thanks for that @HashGirl 👍
and @Canuk Seeds

Feeding / watering the Grandaddy Bruce.. slowly watering up the pots 1.25 gallons each getting a bit of run off
still .. as the plant grows the watering will be 3 gallons per pot with 20% run off.. give or take
pots are not completely soaked yet .. takes awhile for the hp pro mix to soak up water.. waiting for more roots..

HP Pro Mix is soil? A touch too wet with some N def? Always hard from photos for me but the overly pronounced leaf veins and uniform yellow are what suggests that to me. Though front right could probably go a little Cal-Mag, that’s got browny spotting on the right.

They’ll be fine but go easy on the water I reckon.

Nick

I don’t have the time to do this comparative grow now but ahould the seeds arrive I’ll pop for sure and post the results here.

I popped 12 OG Kush from Seed Stockers (who also have a giveaway going for members - so many offers round these parts!) and posted the “how We Do It” Thing linked above.

Again this is all - look its what works for us in our part of the world - but we look 12/12 viable. Out of 12 I’d expect one maybe with a single first leaf and then die or some other weirdness and dies so statistically this is unusual. 85% is our aim. You’ should probably cull more plants generally too. Ugly prone to pythium pheno? Cull.

As I said if the seeds arrive I’ll pop them and post the results, but since there was a lot of chat about how to pop ‘em in the absence of any Canuk Seeds after a coupla months I’d at least try and contribute somehow!

Grow well!

Nick & Co

IMG_8107.jpeg

HP Pro Mix is soil? A touch too wet with some N def? Always hard from photos for me but the overly pronounced leaf veins and uniform yellow are what suggests that to me. Though front right could probably go a little Cal-Mag, that’s got browny spotting on the right.

They’ll be fine but go easy on the water I reckon.

Nick
I agree. Overwatering and mobile nutrient deficiency of N.

Back
Top Bottom