Nick Hardy's Skunk Works #4 Mars Hydro FC Evo 12x OG Kush Solos 4x4 - Viva Voce Grow

No please just tell me. Those solo grows are so cool so much plant in a small cup.
Tell you what?!

šŸ˜‚

You gotta eat ā€œWaitAndSeePuddingā€ a little while while I write this ā€˜ere journal, effendi!

Having mangled three languages there I reckon its bed time!

šŸ¤£

Tell you what?!

šŸ˜‚

You gotta eat ā€œWaitAndSeePuddingā€ a little while while I write this ā€˜ere journal, effendi!

Having mangled three languages there I reckon its bed time!

šŸ¤£
I have no idea what I was asking.

IMG_7373.jpeg

An aptly named store for me šŸ¤£
IMG_7374.jpeg

You must use a whole room just for storing all your bud.
I have a few jars here and there.
It's pretty popular so long term storage is rarely needed. :rofl:
Spare bedroom upstairs works well.
It's a Chalet so I was going to grow up there.
11 foot ceilings.
But you know. šŸ”„
So just storage now.

Stay safe
Bill284 šŸ˜Ž

Hi Nick. I'm going to try and follow as many Canuk Seeds journals as possible.

I'm a little confused about how many you're actually going to grow. I saw 25 and 9 as possible numbers. Could you please clarify?

When we sex them - and I need to read up on Azi/Stone - 10 days flip to 12/12 to sex then re veg -
Negative. First 10 days above ground under 12/12, then switch back to 18/6. Sex should show within 25-30 days. And no re-vegging happens.

Its not a SIP for @Azimuth its just me trying refine my grow style for anyone with a 4x4, a light, some seeds and a dream of growing a very decent weight ā€˜o weed.
Thanks for the tag, though I never saw it. Maybe you edited the post?

In any event, I'm here for yet another @NickHardy grow. :thumb:

Hi Nick. I'm going to try and follow as many Canuk Seeds journals as possible.

I'm a little confused about how many you're actually going to grow. I saw 25 and 9 as possible numbers. Could you please clarify?
Hey there!

Theyā€™re regs so assuming 50/50 splitā€¦

My Solo Pallet has 18 spots, just harvested 15 out of it but this time I only want 9 so they can grow a little bigger. Iā€™ll have the other 7 tucked away in another tent to try and guarantee I get to my 9, maybe get a couple of nice mothers for a grow in out main room later in the year.

Make sense?

Tent needs a clean first!

Nick

IMG_7435.jpeg

Negative. First 10 days above ground under 12/12, then switch back to 18/6. Sex should show within 25-30 days. And no re-vegging happens.

Thanks for the tag, though I never saw it. Maybe you edited the post?

In any event, I'm here for yet another @NickHardy grow. :thumb:
OK gotcha! Thank you. Also me edit a post? šŸ˜†. Iā€™ve been known to!

I think @KeithLemon was referring to having to guess the three colours of your sippy cups. I think they are red, white and blue.
Captain America, style? Need to be 3 strains. Thereā€™s this song about The Red The White and The Blue by Hope of The States.

IMG_7443.jpeg

The first of the Solos has arrived. Its non canon, slightly different design. Non ribbed. Matte finish which feels lovely on the fingers, sturdy yet more brittle.

Lovely emerald green though!

Theyā€™ll get used for sure somewhere!

Viva Voce - its the verbal defense of your dissertation/thesis. My original was the idea you can get 1KG out a 4x4 in solo cups. Since my Dissertation is well underway and I only got 650g or something in Solos first time out, as Magnus Magnusson was fond of saying on Mastermind, "I've started, so I'll finish"

I just ordered a dozen OG Kush seeds from @Seedstockers are they a sponsor? I should check. They were the only real OG Kush I could find locally, there were two brands I didn't want to order from and its about the strain. OG Kush is a classic, stable, mid production levels with fatty colas and cultural reference stone too, I watched all series of Entourage for the first time last month and its all they talk about. Grown it before.

Those seeds will arrive Tuesday latest. Which ever seeds arrive first I pop. Its been two months since the Canuk's were sent and they haven't arrived. I'm not waiting any longer. First to arrive get popped and journaled here - I'll be renaming it if its the OG Kush, obvs.

Nick

PS couldn't find the classic Magnus Magnusson but did find this homage to it

Day #1

So the journal name is changed.

Seeds are popped. 12x OG Kush from Seed Stockers, not a sponsor.

They reckon they have US OG Kush. There are like really serious people who will tell you if its Dutch or US OG Kush (and other classic strains) they sorta split. Plants and seeds being clandestinely traded between big name breeders in Amsterdam parking lots at night and strains crossing the Atlantic.

Now theyā€™re probably different - SSā€™s are seemingly Spanish now though so probably Dutch really.

O.G Kush Fem seeds​

Our original OG Kush combines a deeply satisfying and rich genuine Kush taste with one of the strongest smokes in our collection. This is a top quality and top strength cannabis seed variety made with the best west-coast USA OG genetics. Harvest quantities are above average, the buds are firm and dripping with resin. This powerful indica dominant variety delivers a heavy-hitting effect which will also be popular with medical growers looking for powerful pain relief. THC consistently 22%-24%+. Highly recommended.

Sounds like OG Kush! We grew about half a dozen before. Bushy, productive plants, resilient, and marked ā€œFor Beginnersā€ a sounds like me! But sounds like a lazyman way to bag a kilo outta a 4x4 with a 320w ā€œAmazonā€ special NONAME off brand light in 3 months, right?

Theyā€™re popped.

Nick

Nick & Co - How We Pop

#1 Water

IMG_8026.jpeg

We take a container, normally a few, one per strain but here its 12 the same so one will do, 110oz Solo because Iā€™m baller like that šŸ¤£ Our swimming pool is dosed with H2o2, no salt or chlorine. Theyā€™re not sure (which is a worry sorta) the exact ratio, less than 3% though there are 20L/5 Gallon plastic jerry cans delivered of 50% Hydrogen Peroxide brought by the pool company every couple of weeks. They come twice a week to check it. You can drink my pool water, tastes alright but I donā€™t make a habit of it! Its like hospital water I guess? Think thereā€™s some UV thing in the pool room too. Dunno they come twice a week and organise it. They use an old paper Ph tester type thing too šŸ˜‚ Its generally always when Iā€™ve tested it with my BlueLab 7.0-7.1 tight range when we can have a lot of rain, 2ā€ plus in a day cascading in off three roofs

Thereā€™s those for and against H2o2. For me gives them a little clean (though likely done at point of packaging already) and a little softening. Personally I think the seeds being in a warm humid environment prior to popping is really helpful. Iā€™d never put seeds in the fridge (unless Wasabi but thatā€™s a different kettle, I have some in the freezerā€¦)

#2 Prep

IMG_8034.jpeg

We have three labelled Ziplocs, kitchen roll/paper towel and 12 seeds floating about. A spray bottle filled with the swimming pool water. If its multi strain popping the standard 16oz solos get labelled as well. Also my just 4 year old once dropped a bunch of CBD Warlock in with a couple of Slurricane so extra labels and care doesnā€™t hurt. Sheā€™s only allowed at the spray bottle stage now šŸ˜‚

Alexa, set timer for 90 minutes

#3 Packaging

IMG_8035.jpeg

IMG_8036.jpeg

About 4 seems to be best. The paper towel gets sprayed with the water. Quite a bit, until pretty sodden, but not so much its likely to tear. The paper is folded into an envelope and placed in the bag and zipped up.

#4 Home Sweet Home for 48 Hours

IMG_8037.jpeg

Last few batches weā€™ve done in this box. Before weā€™ve used just two bits of cardboard to shield most the light. Box is handy as once a day Iā€™ll turn it through 180 Degrees to make sure the slightly excess water is moved around and the paper doesn't dry out.

You can see the environment theyā€™re in. I just leave them lying round the house somewhere convenient, its not likely Iā€™ll forget to move them but yeah better in my eye line to be sure I donā€™t!

48 hours generally we got tails big enough they go in potting soil. Weā€™re definitely over 100 popped this way in the last 9 months.

Works for us, all depends on your seed quality, and the environment you live in though!

Donā€™t think there is one correct way. I mean I certainly ainā€™t ever buying a heat mat! I got the temperature already!

Nick & Co

So a check by & Co with her old lady glasses on and she says 7/12 had micro tails, I saw a bit - they're like 4-5mm She reckons a bit slow, it was only at 24 hours when she checked and we also moved them downstairs, its a bit warmer and more humid down there, our original spot. Its about exactly normal for us at this stage, Around 60% cracked. We've had way better, not much worse (Apart From The Time Nick Went 0/25 On Girl Scout Cookies)

Plan is tomorrow fresh potting soil and under the purple light for a few days.

Tomorrow we're up potting 40 something to free up this tent which will be their final home.

Nick

IMG_8070.jpeg
IMG_8071.jpeg
IMG_8072.jpeg

Look, right, Iā€™m not saying I was nervous but I did kinda make a big deal out of ā€œHow We Popā€ If we hadnā€™t hit Iā€™d have looked a bit of a tit, and a new breeder to us and all šŸ˜‚

Three takeaways for me here:

#1 Seeds from a trusted breeder (not necessarily a ā€œSeedbankā€ are always gonna give you better shots.

#2 Older, perhaps more stable strains increase your sucess rates

#3 Know your environment. What works for you. Consistency is key here.

Anyway 12/12 cracked in 48 hours and in potting soil with a light Cal-Mag mix. 4-0-0 with Fe not Phā€™d so probs like Ph 6. Dunno theyā€™re OG Kush, I donā€™t know - isnā€™t that better for sativas? No matter. Weā€™re in no hurry right now.

12/12 to popped/cracked - maybe we get a couple of losses between here and SWICKies. Nay bother!

How we pop seeds.

Nick & Co

Oh yeah, also we generally have hats off after 48 hours in the bags.leaves out - once on an oft delayed popping we first set true leaves in the bag I think. Pretty sure that died though.

They come out real pale though. Albino almost.

Its why in this seedling stage we use average quality Dutch imported potting soil for seedlings. Whatever brand doesnā€™t matter. Its for any seedlings tomatoes - great. Its just for that N positive and a bit of other food. They also get the 1ml/L Cal Mag & Fe the next few days. Its plenty right now. If the peat goes dry they get like literally 3-4ml of water tops around the outside the stems, but we keep a little of the water mix in the under tray to perhaps encourage early hydro roots.

They will get tonight with the cover then thatā€™s it - pop up green girls!

Thereā€™s a bunch of science probably behind why it why it works, maybe.

But personally I reckon stabilising the temperatures and Rh of all of your grow recipe ingredients (water/medium/seeds/nutes) for a period before and during your grow might be helpful.

Anyone teaches me barometric control Iā€™ll send a postcard of Loki though!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom