The Capn's Simple Hydroponics Cook Off - Goal: 1lb Indoors - Journal

TheCapn

I've started a "simple hydroponics" thread a while back, and I've had some interest from a few growers, giving the method a try, in attempt to increase yield per plant. Most of us are limited by plant counts. The goal of "simple hydro" is to get the maximum yield per plant, with the simplest and least inexpensive method possible.

This thread will be the official journal for this grow. s1ingblade and I are going to do a "combined" journal. We both took a clone two weeks ago. Now, we will run two months of vegetative growth. Flower date is set for Sept 15th. I've been doing this method for some time now, however s1ingblade is primarily a "sunshine #4" grower, so this is new territory for him. But s1ing has been growing much longer than I, so I hope I can keep up with him!

For both of us, we will each be growing a SINGLE plant, indoors, attempting to reach 1lb final weight.

Irrigation method: recirculating top feed on a timer, no more than 6 x per day
Grow Medium: Primarily Rockwool Grow cubes (aka croutons). Some mixed in lava rock or hydroton is ok.
Lighting: 600-1000W
Here is an example of how we will be flowering; a simple setup:
setupA.jpg

TheCapn's specifics:
Strain: TGA Orange (new strain for me)
Grow Area: 4' x 4' SCROG
Light: 400W MH in veg, 600W HPS in flower
Nutrients: GH in veg, Dutch master in flower, plus beneficial tea

Here is TheCapn's plant for the grow. The clone was taken about 20 days ago and starting to show new growth.
cloneAO.jpg

I will let s1ingblade post his specifics on his strain, lighting, nutrients and grow area. Welcome all to our Journal. I won't bore you with daily updates; you have all seen a plant grow, so every two weeks should be good.

Re: The Capn's simple hydroponics cook off. GOAL: 1 lb indoors, JOURNAL

hey there :high-five: i just looked up orange cause i had no idea what it was, and WOW, that is a ton of amazing strains crossed all into one..where do i get strains like this?

i have seen subcool on youtube, but i still dont know where these are avaliable?

good luck hitting your goal! :thumb:

Hey b real. Nice to have you along.

>>i still dont know where these are avaliable?

Attitude seeds stock TGA genetics, you can get them there. I planted only two, they were both female, and they are both 4 weeks into flower and doing great. Check my "simple hydro" thread for pictures.

>>i have seen subcool on youtube

The guy makes some killer strains, and I love his supersoil too. I've never been able to make it past the first minute of any of his yt videos. I don't have time to watch someone listen to music and smoke pot. Good guy though. I like what he stands for.

Thanks cap I am going to need a slice after those compliments:) A slice of "Humble Pie" that is.
A couple of the variables for my grow are still up in the air but since we have just shy of two months of veg time I will get it done. So far I have planted a rooted cut of OG Kush which is the strain that will really let me know how I am doing cause I have been growing it all year and know it pretty well. If it doesnt stick I have two others for back up one is a critical + from dinafem and the other is my #3 cookies that is the most Sativa looking out of the 3 phenos I have begin right now. I will be using the last of my Advanced Nutrients Grow and Bloom 2 part plus the additives that make the expert level bundle: B52, Big Bud, Overdrive, Voodoo and piranha, final phase, bud candy and kushie kush. I am glad I will have something to grow and to use up the last of it cause I have plans on going as organic as ossible with my soil and just watering the plants. I want my soil to feed my plants and I will feed the soil. I will probably use a 1000 watt hps cheapo bulb to flower out this cook off. I will get some much needed cleaning and re-arranging done before this time next month and will have a dedicated spot for the plant. As of now they are getting hand watered two to three times a day when I am there and they will have to fend for them selves the 24 hours or less that I am gone. I picked up a 15 dollar weekly time from the hydro shop but it dont even work lol. I guess I get what I pay for. I could run a cord into my tent and use the cap climate controllers pump timer but can only use it when they are in flower as the tents on a 12/12 and the other 6 hours the plant wouldnt get a drop. Probably would work alright but the less extension cords the better.
So here is a pic of the cookies, OG and the Critical+ the solo pic is of the critical+ that I planted this morning. Out of the three its the less harsh looking out of the bunch. If I can nurse the OG and get her healthy and thriving I will enter her.
DSCN029410.JPG
DSCN02959.JPG

I just wanted to welcome everyone here to this new "Fun" journal and I hope I learn a bunch as well as all others.

Looks interesting... way out of my league, but interesting. I hope I see more than the smoke report but you know how I am :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very Cool Folks

Trigger! I need a smoke lol, hope all you cool growers sub up and come back and see how we do
Looks interesting... way out of my league, but interesting. I hope I see more than the smoke report but you know how I am :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very Cool Folks
Glad to have ya buck, I'll make sure a smoke report gets done

:popcorn::popcorn::adore::adore::party:I'm here!
thank you for the invite s1:circle-of-love:

I'm here! Just been uber busy and pretty inactive here the last 7 weeks. Always happens this time of year for me & my work.

Cheers for the invite to view the joint project s1ingblade :thumb:

I was rather impressed with this idea & the use of the air pot...

I must admit i've been toying around with doing a hydro grow myself mainly hempy buckets 3 gallon/12 litre perlite & vermiculite mix for my first attempt plus a little bit of LST training.

But i have dreamed up an idea of a hybrid hempy with the use of an air pot sitting inside a bucket to improve aeration to the root zone with a res with a timer for feeding twice day & a run to waste style of system, this way it should eliminate hand watering on a daily basis & minor fluctuations of PH through out the day !

I'm keen to see how the grow goes :love:

Subscribed...very interested in seeing how this turns out. I've just started my first attempt at DWC with a two week old clone in a 5 gal bucket and water temps are already kicking my ass. So I'll be watching this one closely.

Back
Top Bottom