Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Good Morning C Magic :)

Omg! Literally the most amazing plant I’ve seen since you grew the last most amazing plant I’ve ever seen lolllling!

You really are the best grower!

I meant to ask. How is life in the orphanage? Are you adjusting ok to your new normal? I’ve been an orphan now for 5 years I think. Dad died 20 years ago and Mum around 5. I think the biggest shock I learned after my dad left me is that life goes on. The sun keeps rising and your days keep filling. I’m still a bit gobsmacked I was able to survive without him. Anyhoo, I hope you and yours are ok.

You really are the best grower!
Thank You, Trala!... Although, I did just kill most of the leaves on the Blueberry Hill, so I'm not that good :oops: ....I guess she didn't really need 'em though... :)
I meant to ask. How is life in the orphanage? Are you adjusting ok to your new normal?
Things are good, I have a little more time to do nothing now...fortunately, mom got all her stuff in order before she went into the nursing home 8 years ago, so the courts won't need to get involved...I still have to tell my sister about it, and I'm not looking forward to talking to her- she's effing crazy ....

do you fancy helping me learn how to grow an auto?
I sure will!
How are you planning on growing it? It's easy if you just let them grow like they want to.
If you're planning on training them, it's a little more work..and with autos, there's no guarantee that the training will even do what you want it to do- but it's fun trying...

You should check out @Nev 's journal, T- he grows autos the way I want to grow autos!

Man, if you keep making new holes in that pool noodle, pretty soon you'll have to replace it.
No worries, I've got a few new ones in stock...they're very affordable... :)

I sure will!
How are you planning on growing it? It's easy if you just let them grow like they want to.
If you're planning on training them, it's a little more work..and with autos, there's no guarantee that the training will even do what you want it to do- but it's fun trying...

I want to train, I was told to put them in their forever pot. Do you agree with that? I usually uppot around 4 times.

I didn’t realise you need to treat them differently.

I have zero idea what to do.
You should check out @Nev 's journal, T- he grows autos the way I want to grow autos!

I’ll take a look.

Do you like autos?

I want to train, I was told to put them in their forever pot. Do you agree with that? I usually uppot around 4 times.
No- I start them in a solo cup, and then transplant just once, into the final pot.
I usually top them and transplant them on the same day, so they only get stressed once.
I top them once, around day 12, or whenever there's enough of a fourth node to cut off...

Do you like autos?
I do like them, but they can be a little bit unpredictable... that's also what makes them interesting...

Thanks, GDB! :thumb:

Thank You, HashGirl!

Certainly I can:
I like to keep the buds vertical if possible, so they don't get in each others way- so...

When they start falling over like this:
1.jpg

Just put a skewer beside it so it's got something to lean on..you can tie it to the stick with some wire if you want, but it's not really necessary...

2.jpg

The sticks can be stuck into the soil, but I stick them right into the ol pool noodle...
4.jpg

And that's all there is to it- they will need to be adjusted pretty often, because most of the branches will start to lean "the other way"once you prop 'em up.

And that's all there is to it! Hopefully, it helped you a little, @HashGirl !
Any other questions, feel free to ask:high-five:

:thanks: This was very well explained. It has been bookmarked for me to refer to going forward.

You're the best! :love:

No- I start them in a solo cup, and then transplant just once, into the final pot.
I usually top them and transplant them on the same day, so they only get stressed once.
I top them once, around day 12, or whenever there's enough of a fourth node to cut off...

I do like them, but they can be a little bit unpredictable... that's also what makes them interesting...
I’m super excited to see what it does!

Vet told me you just can’t judge when they will flower.

You're the best!
Thank You, HashGirl- Glad I could help!
Vet told me you just can’t judge when they will flower.
Yeah, the longer they take, the better...21 days old is the average age when they start flowering, although some will flower at 15 or 16 days old...the ones that flower early tend to not get as big as the ones that flower later on...30 days is ideal, but not that many of them will go that long...
He really is aye?
:love:

Thank you, HH!
You really have that set up dialed in.
Finally... !:) The plants do seem to like it in there...I think that new light is really making a difference .
Do you remember what your biggest harvest is?
I do...indoors, the SuperSilverHaze @7.2oz- she was the prettiest and the heaviest...so far, anyway...;)

Thank You, HashGirl- Glad I could help!

Yeah, the longer they take, the better...21 days old is the average age when they start flowering, although some will flower at 15 or 16 days old...the ones that flower early tend to not get as big as the ones that flower later on...30 days is ideal, but not that many of them will go that long...

:love:

I've been tracking my grow stats and the average length of veg of my auto plants is 31 days. My earliest flowering was at 9 days and my latest was at 47 days.

I've been tracking my grow stats and the average length of veg of my auto plants is 31 days. My earliest flowering was at 9 days and my latest was at 47 days.
That range of days sums up what a roll of the dice growing an auto can be! :Rasta:

She sure is a beautiful chunky girl C!
Thanks, candy- and she just keeps on going and going...she's got to ripen up pretty soon, but it's not happening this week!
My earliest flowering was at 9 days and my latest was at 47 days.
It'd be nice if the breeders worked on extending the veg time to at least 30 days- I think autos would be more popular if they weren't so unpredictable...
sums up what a roll of the dice growing an auto can be!
Yep- might be a dud, or you might hit the jackpot... :hmmmm:
Looks like it should be a rather easy and very satisfying harvest coming up.
Thank You, Vet- The way she's dropping leaves, she'll be pretty naked by harvest time !:)

:ciao: Looking great over here Carcass. I think you make have your biggest harvest yet!
It'd be nice if the breeders worked on extending the veg time to at least 30 days- I think autos would be more popular if they weren't so unpredictable...
I think breeders are trying to extend the veg time a little more for autos and both of us have been seeing it slowly happen over the past year. There are not a lot of auto growers here - that consistently grow autos (kinda winging it with that statement) - but I’ve certainly seen some extended flower times on my auto grows over the last 12 months and I love it! :high-five: And I’m assuming that the breeders are the cause for it. :battingeyelashes:

And I’m assuming that the breeders are the cause for it. :battingeyelashes:
both of us have been seeing it slowly happen over the past year.

Come to think of it, veg times do seem to be longer on average than they were a few years ago...in fact, that Chocodope I grew gave me 36 days before flowering...It'd be great if that's becoming the new normal for autos.
I'm going to be starting 2 pretty soon, hopefully they're long veggers!
I think you make have your biggest harvest yet!
It's looking like it just might be! It's definitely the most buds I've ever had on one plant...

Back
Top Bottom