Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

I have found it to be fairly accurate to not start counting bloom time until that day, 7-10 days after flip, when the pistils suddenly explode from the center of the growth tips, clearly starting the first flowers. That is day 1 for me, and each plant in the tent can have a different day.
That just makes me feel I did it right for the first time in decades Emilya. lol thank you. I have been wanting to follow your soil recipe for a living soil "no-till" for so many reasons but Here in the Gestapo controlled UK. finding so many ingredients and also the space ( We get very limited space to live in as families. lol) to attempt to mix one. I have found a product by a very reputable and ethical Uk company that has it already cooked and waiting to go called "eco-thrive living soil" . I dare not link it here as would get me a spanking ( not the nice kind !!) i think. I would appreciate your opinion on it so much , if you have time and googled it , The recipe and info is all available. I have already got 40ltr to try in my upcoming auto grow but your knowledge would be appreciated. Soil terrifies me more than major res floods do at present but so want to go organic total. Thank you , peace and blessing

That just makes me feel I did it right for the first time in decades Emilya. lol thank you. I have been wanting to follow your soil recipe for a living soil "no-till" for so many reasons but Here in the Gestapo controlled UK. finding so many ingredients and also the space ( We get very limited space to live in as families. lol) to attempt to mix one. I have found a product by a very reputable and ethical Uk company that has it already cooked and waiting to go called "eco-thrive living soil" . I dare not link it here as would get me a spanking ( not the nice kind !!) i think. I would appreciate your opinion on it so much , if you have time and googled it , The recipe and info is all available. I have already got 40ltr to try in my upcoming auto grow but your knowledge would be appreciated. Soil terrifies me more than major res floods do at present but so want to go organic total. Thank you , peace and blessing
Good job finding a living soil inside the goolag, and it sounds like good stuff. Get that and some URB and you will be all set. Make the plunge... there is no cheaper way to grow weed. Think about your ability to use that soil several times ... and here is a hint... during this grow, buy 2 more grows worth of this soil and store it in a bin at your place, and just let it cook. Add back into it all of your plant debris from trimming and even harvest and let that extra soil eat all that debris as it cooks over the next couple of grows. You will have a living soil, and a great start for any organic grow with the added advantage that you will have no soil or plant debris to hit the trash system and possibly get you notice from the gestapo. :peace::love:

Good job finding a living soil inside the goolag, and it sounds like good stuff. Get that and some URB and you will be all set. Make the plunge... there is no cheaper way to grow weed. Think about your ability to use that soil several times ... and here is a hint... during this grow, buy 2 more grows worth of this soil and store it in a bin at your place, and just let it cook. Add back into it all of your plant debris from trimming and even harvest and let that extra soil eat all that debris as it cooks over the next couple of grows. You will have a living soil, and a great start for any organic grow with the added advantage that you will have no soil or plant debris to hit the trash system and possibly get you notice from the gestapo. :peace::love:
Thank you so much. just what i hoped. I have been composting every banana skin , fruit core , potato peeling , coco , perlite , eggshells by the hundred now , a whole cultivated garden full of flowering Dandilions ( waited until could harvest them too , much to the disgust of the whole street who hated my dandilion bee sanctuary but dare not open their gobs. lol)
all our grass trimmings of the last 2 years and to top it off ALL of the burnt ash from essentially burnt crop veg matter. It is my "Venus de Milo" but has no soil at all added yet. Your suggestion is music to my ears , thank you. I will bee adding a few bags of the eco thrive ( and their teas too) to it to get it ready for the complete changover by winter hopefully. Thanks for you prompt reply Emilya. very much appreciated.

Thank you so much. just what i hoped. I have been composting every banana skin , fruit core , potato peeling , coco , perlite , eggshells by the hundred now , a whole cultivated garden full of flowering Dandilions ( waited until could harvest them too , much to the disgust of the whole street who hated my dandilion bee sanctuary but dare not open their gobs. lol)
all our grass trimmings of the last 2 years and to top it off ALL of the burnt ash from essentially burnt crop veg matter. It is my "Venus de Milo" but has no soil at all added yet. Your suggestion is music to my ears , thank you. I will bee adding a few bags of the eco thrive ( and their teas too) to it to get it ready for the complete changover by winter hopefully. Thanks for you prompt reply Emilya. very much appreciated.
The only thing I would change would be to nix further grass clippings in the compost pile. They are not the best for what we are doing.

The only thing I would change would be to nix further grass clippings in the compost pile. They are not the best for what we are doing.
Let me further explain... a few grass clippings are ok as they are very high in N, but the problem is that especially if it is from a treated lawn, they are quite low on the needed microbes to break down in the compost pile. You have a lot of kitchen scraps and other things to help that process along, but it really would help if you grind up the grass clippings first so as to hurry their decomposition, or what you end up with in a lot of cases where grass clippings are used for a season to build the compost pile is a hot hot hot "green" compost, that is very dangerous to use liberally in a weed garden. There is nothing wrong with using a few grass clippings, especially if you can mix it half and half later with leaves that have dropped in the yard. Some Lacto in there to aid in decomp will help too.... but don't make this very common composting mistake and turn it over quite often to break this stuff up.

@Emilya there goes my compost pile, is there anything else we should not put into our future Cannabis soil?? I have a lot of dandelions and clippings from my weed plants and tomatoe and potatoe plants , some kale , I’m just starting to put a system in place where all my Veg and fruits are put into one container for my compost and all our meat and bread and packaged shit goes to the city compost.

Hey cass sorry to get off topic of your journal. You must be excited , it’s almost time eh. How the smell doing in your place is it overwhelming yet ?? I know I enjoy the smell of it’s not overwhelming. Most strains smell great to me , but I did visit a cheese grow and the smell made me feel sick. Anyway just wanted to say hey and ramble on a bit , keep it real brotherman

Let me further explain... a few grass clippings are ok as they are very high in N, but the problem is that especially if it is from a treated lawn, they are quite low on the needed microbes to break down in the compost pile. You have a lot of kitchen scraps and other things to help that process along, but it really would help if you grind up the grass clippings first so as to hurry their decomposition, or what you end up with in a lot of cases where grass clippings are used for a season to build the compost pile is a hot hot hot "green" compost, that is very dangerous to use liberally in a weed garden. There is nothing wrong with using a few grass clippings, especially if you can mix it half and half later with leaves that have dropped in the yard. Some Lacto in there to aid in decomp will help too.... but don't make this very common composting mistake and turn it over quite often to break this stuff up.
A very helpful point. semilya thank you. will be depositing them elswhere from now on.
Thanks for the sound advice and will adjust to work better now. I do want to add a load of wrigglers too as i build it into a store.

A very helpful point. semilya thank you. will be depositing them elswhere from now on.
Thanks for the sound advice and will adjust to work better now. I do want to add a load of wrigglers too as i build it into a store.
The very best place for grass clippings is mulched and spread back on the lawn.

what day of flower are they on?
They're on day 58 from 12/12,or day 53 from first pistils-After reading @Emilya's post,I went back and checked,and they actually started flowering on May 26,flipped on May 21.
It doesn't actually matter how long the breeder says it'll take -when I see the right amount of amber trichomes,that'll be when they're officially "done".
I wonder if the breeders count from first pistils,or from day 1 of flip?

How the smell doing in your place is it overwhelming yet ??
Funny you should ask-My son stopped by the other day,and took me aside and whispered "Maybe you're just used to it,but it really smells like pot in here"...I asked him why we're whispering,He said "just in case mom doesn't know"
I told him not to worry about that-she knows,and she lets me know that she knows numerous times throughout the day....every day...:)

Hey cass sorry to get off topic of your journal.
No worries, @DeanWest89 -there is no "off topic" in this journal-any subject is welcome,and If We can learn from it- even better

Haha I just laughed so hard over what your son said , I have 3 kids myself so I run a pretty extensive carbon filter system , I also put ona gel in my air intake on my furnace so the smell doesn’t spread when I open the tent , my kids rooms stunk just from opening it for 25 mins to water and mingle with her , and their rooms are 3 floors up. But this will be my last big grow for a while, personal things but I will be building a sweet micro grow, aside from the space bucket , the thing is ugly and is a sore thumb anyone who sees it knows exactly what it is from the mars 300 stuck to the top. Us Canadians apologize for everything sorry eh

Sometimes there's too much to spread and it's better to rake it off.

full

No, this isn't a hay field. It's the neighbor's lawn. The grass was over 20" (50cm) tall, before they whipper snipped it. Another neighbor used his lawn tractor taking three hours to finish cutting it, and leaving these windrows. It's been four days, and I doubt they'll rake, or mow their lawn again this year. Everything is useful, even like this as an example of what NOT to do.

I told him not to worry about that-she knows,and she lets me know that she knows numerous times throughout the day....every day...:)
Brother Carcass you make me LOL every day, i swear! :rofl::laugh::popcorn:
No, this isn't a hay field. It's the neighbor's lawn.
I'm sure you love looking into that every day Salt! :hmmmm::laugh:

First,I want to apologize for not being around much the last few days- there's been some
family drama going on the last week or so that's been keeping me busier than I like to be-nothing serious,but it involves grandpa having to take care of the granddaughter for the last week...I just dropped her off at daycare for a much needed break-
The only person I've ever known that talks as much as she does is her mom when she was little.
(the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree)
So I'm just sitting here "soaking up the silence" like a sponge....................:Namaste:

OK,that's enough of that...Just wanted to post up a couple of pics of that little clone from "the big guy-finally flowering,but still too late to pollinate the PC like I originally wanted to-will probably use his pollen on MsCheese outside when she "comes of age"

He's been topped,and now resides in the seedling box,since the solo cup he's in is also his final home...(had to top him so he fits in the little box)

That black thing in the corner is a little cooling blower from back when I used to build computers...
Well, Since I mentioned Ms.Cheese,might as well see how she's doing out there

6" tall now,and of course,something is eating on her already,so I'll have to investigate that later on today....Other than that,she's doing fine.

So,that's it for right now,thanks for stopping by,I really appreciate the support !:peace:

Make sure it's sealed well
It definitely isn't...so I'm going to move it out to the shop,far out of harms way...then all I have to do is remember go out to water him -he drinks that cup dry in 2 days.
Then the box will go into the recycling bin-I could probably just blow it out,but since it's just a cardboard box with some airholes in it,making another one won't be a problem...
Spray those nibblers with iso/water or neem
So far she's got whiteflies and leafhoppers,and I'm sure the aphids are just waiting till she gets a little bigger,so she will end up getting sprayed pretty often-if the iso doesn't do it I'll mix up a little weak nicotine spray out of my vaping supplies-That's what I used to use on my outdoor plants-it biodegrades fast,so it doesn't leave any harmful residue behind.

Back
Top Bottom