Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

A little early update...It's been a week today since I topped them,and
started the Quadline training on Wednesday- they are taking to it very well.

They're 24 days old (from sprout) today -they kept pulling the hooks out of the ground,so I went a little different route holding them down....it's my "bamboo skewers and frogtape" method...probably safe to say
no one else here is doing it that way,but there's a lot of journals.....;)

one good thing about "the box",is I can open the top to take pics,without having to pull the plants out...
Northern Lights on the left,Peyote Critical on the right

Here's the Northern Lights -had to use extra long pieces of tape on her-at first she kept pulling the tape loose,but she's under control now...

And the Peyote Critical,which seems to be growing crazy fast...at least compared to what I'm used to...

and speaking of crazy fast...the male outside the kitchen window has grown a foot in 11 days,and we've only had sun for 6 of those days-he got rained on again last night.
4 feet tall now,and almost that wide....

too bad he's not a she-I'm growing him for pollen,but I'm not really going to need that much...

So,I'll update again on Monday-just thought I'd do a little today for their "one week since topping" anniversary

Thanks for looking..I appreciate that,
And see you here again on Monday :peace:

I was thinking about that-if any of my neighbors are growing,they'll be hating on me...
He's not really that important,so I may just clone a branch or two,and chop him-I think he's going to get too big,anyway-a couple more feet and people can see him from the sidewalk....
It would actually be kind of funny if someone stole him-they'd never be back, they'd just say "Don't bother-the weed that old guy grows is crap"
He won't be flowering till August,so I've got time to decide...

He's a Bagseed#3-His mom was a big (productive)girl,all I can say for sure about dad is that he was tall...
So he's not anything real special,just the pollen donor for bagseed#4 someday...

He is something special. :) He is a beast of a grower, who looks strong and not stringy. He will make a great bagseed daddy. :high-five:

The Northern Lights and Peyote Critical are looking good. You are on the way to being one happy grower!
I also enjoy the home-made remedy with the frog tape.
I don't want to impose a pic on your thread, but You should click HERE to see Funny SCRoG I made back in the day.

Funny SCRoG I made back in the day.

"The Ghetto Dream Catcher"....that was a damn good idea,Spimp
I'll bet it did the trick...
That black plastic one was interesting too...

He is something special.
He does have one trait I'd like to keep going-no bugs-the plants around him are bothered by aphids and whiteflies,and he's got nothing on him....I thought maybe it was the lack of odor,but he stinks(in a good way) now,so that's not it...

He does have one trait I'd like to keep going-no bugs-the plants around him are bothered by aphids and whiteflies,and he's got nothing on him....I thought maybe it was the lack of odor,but he stinks(in a good way) now,so that's not it...

It sounds like it would be worth saving his genetics. The Bug-Off gene would go well in anyone's new strain.

His dad was actually the same-spent his whole life outside,and not so much
as a caterpillar on him,and they seem to be on everything in this yard sooner or later...

By the time that you can determine the plants are males, you should have all the info you want. I'd destroy all but the best two plants, just in case one suffers a catastrophic failure late in life.

Reason I ask is I have some pretty good beans I want to run in the so distant future and normally I kill all males immediately but I wouldn’t mind having pollen for this strain. I tried the dna sex testing with my current plants and loved it, amazing to get results that fast. So I’m just wondering if there’s things to look for early in males or if it’s one of those where you just get pollen from all of them or kind of guess on one and hope for the best.

As Old Salt said-by the time you find out it's a male,you'll already know
if it's a healthy,good growing plant.
So ,say you had five males,and one really stands out as "better" than the rest,you'd save him for pollen,along with the second best,in case the other one doesn't make it for some reason.
In my case,it just happened that that one outside seems to be good "breeding stock"
One of the other males that I ended up with is (allegedly) a Northern Lights x Big Bud,so I let him grow outside for a little while to harvest some pollen from him-it actually only took 12 days for him to start dropping pollen,so he had a pretty short life.

-I smell of
nail polish remover
Hey Carcass! I have a tip for you.
My Lemon plant is very sticky so I've been trying different things to clean my hands.

The best thing so far has been to rub my hands with baby oil and then use something like Dawn to wash that off. Leaves your hands super soft too!

I would think olive oil would work awesome as well.

Baby oil and Dawn is a good idea-I hate the sickening smell they add to nail polish
remover,and it lasts for hours-won't hardly even wash off.

Back
Top Bottom