Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thank you so much for the kind words, Trala :love:
That silhouette shot is a result I can only fantasise about.
She's got a lot of buds packed into her little 12 inch frame...

I'll let @BeezLuiz give you the details of his test results last summer, but Amy has said it before almost every one of my harvests for years!
Where’s Amy? I’m calling her. ;) I’m gonna look again tomorrow, but there may be a harvest soon..

Sorry carcass, I’ll go back to my own thread now. :) All your ladies are marvelous once again. I look forward to seeing what you think of the Chocodope, I may have one gracing my tent in my future.

That Chocodope looks great! Good things come in small packages. :)
I'll let @BeezLuiz give you the details of his test results last summer
I have typically harvested at about 10 - 20% amber. Last season, I sent two of my (THC) plants and one of my son's plants to be lab tested. Along with THC potency, I was also looking for CBN content as that is what THC degrades to (amber).

To my disappointment the THC content was considerably lower than the breeder estimates, and to my surprise CBN was "not detected" on either of my two plants, and only contained .01% CBN on my son's plant. I was pretty sure we had harvested my son's plant too late due to about 40% amber at harvest time.

Also, I've read that you should not pay much attention to trichomes on the sugar leaves as they will turn amber much sooner than the trichomes on the buds/bracts. I might have heard this originally from Amy, as well as info about the sun turning the trichs amber before they are fully ripe. :Namaste:

:ciao: Hi Carcass! I was waiting for a notification Of your weekly Monday post and didn’t get one! I need to comment more I guess..:cheesygrinsmiley:

That GG is gonna be a monster :high-five: She’s looking beautiful.

Miss Chocodope just makes me smile with that little stature and those Popeye buds. Silly thing. I love that smoke. Amnesia is looking gorgeous along with Chocodope. Those buds are insane!

Maybe I'll even ruin the coffee grinder and turn the whole thing to powder!
I‘ve been thinking about doing exactly that for a couple of days now. I just got an old coffee grinder from the basement and am going to try it today. I’ve been wondering if some of the nutrient “issues“ I’ve experienced with the grey stuff are because the plants are not actually getting the measured amount due to the lack of it dissolving. :hmmmm: I will post it in my perpetual journal once the deed is done.

but there may be a harvest soon..
Hang on double H, we're talking about outside plants!
Also, I've read that you should not pay much attention to trichomes on the sugar leaves as they will turn amber much sooner than the trichomes on the buds/bracts
Thanks for jumping in BL! If I hadn't been on my phone I would have hunted down your original post and saved you the time. :)

I'm not sure where i first read that but it seems to be common knowledge. The sugar leaves get trimmed off, so there's no reason to use them as a gauge.

I‘ve been thinking about doing exactly that for a couple of days now. I just got an old coffee grinder from the basement and am going to try it today. I’ve been wondering if some of the nutrient “issues“ I’ve experienced with the grey stuff are because the plants are not actually getting the measured amount due to the lack of it dissolving
Does yours have balls? I think that only the versions with balls would benefit from grinding.

I would have hunted down your original lost and saved you the time.
No worries, I'm retired and have plenty of time (usually). :)

Plants looking wunerful, Mr.C.

I wouldn't be bothered at all by the size of the Chocodope! I like plants that size.

I'm in agreement with whoever says plants are done when they stop drinking. They are most certainly done then no matter what the trichs look like, no matter what thee pitsils are doing.

I’ve been wondering if some of the nutrient “issues“ I’ve experienced with the grey stuff are because the plants are not actually getting the measured amount due to the lack of it dissolving.
I wondered that too, which is why I started mixing mine the night before, plus I mix enough for two feedings.

It's a different way of finishing an outdoor plant- I'll give it a shot...the "not drinking anymore" thing means my Amnesia was done 3 or 4 days ago, so I guess I'll be doing half an hour in trim jail real soon....
I'll let @BeezLuiz give you the details of his test results last summer,
I remember he sent some stuff in to a lab for analysis, don't remember the results though...
I look forward to seeing what you think of the Chocodope,
I'm tempted to pluck off a tester, but haven't done it yet...she's doing a lot better than I thought she would, bud-wise...
Also, I've read that you should not pay much attention to trichomes on the sugar leaves
Yeah, some of those have been amber for a couple of weeks- I think the heat sped them up a bit...
Miss Chocodope just makes me smile with that little stature and those Popeye buds.
And her little arms are still getting a bit fatter every day....:love:

I think that only the versions with balls would benefit from grinding.
Mine seems to be 80% balls/20% powder...seems like the older version was apx. 50/50- no matter, I like the way it works....
I'm retired and have plenty of time (usually).
Me too, usually... :)
I'm in agreement with whoever says plants are done when they stop drinking.
In the past, I've harvested a few that were still drinking lots of water, so it was apparently a bit early-
It'll be interesting to see where the trichomes are at when the Chocodope stops drinking...
I started mixing mine the night before,
I pre-dissolve mine in a little pill bottle w/ warm water- shake the crap out of it for apx. 10 seconds, and it's all dissolved, then dump it into the watering jug...

the "not drinking anymore" thing means my Amnesia was done 3 or 4 days ago, so I guess I'll be doing half an hour in trim jail real soon....
I’m thinking the only way we’ll know is if we give it a try. It’s such a personal preference thing to boot.

As for the grey MC, I’ve got that one too. The technique I've been trying lately is to put a small amount of warmer water (bath warm) in the container - then add MC - shake/stir like crazy - fill the rest of the way with the lukewarm (or whatever temp) water. It seems like the small amount of initial water and/or the warmth of it helps dissolve more efficiently.

EDIT: I just saw this

I pre-dissolve mine in a little pill bottle w/ warm water- shake the crap out of it for apx. 10 seconds, and it's all dissolved, then dump it into the watering jug...
Lol, it seems I’ve copied you!

I’m thinking the only way we’ll know is if we give it a try.
Exactly...I've been doing it the same way for years, time to try something different...if it doesn't seem to work right, I'll just go back to the old 15-20% amber method...
It seems like the small amount of initial water and/or the warmth of it helps dissolve more efficiently.
It is the warmth that speeds up the dissolving- In the little pill bottle, warm water dissolves it in 10 seconds or so- cold water takes 3 times as long...

That's what I started doing, too based on your experience. :thanks:

As for the grey MC, I’ve got that one too. The technique I've been trying lately is to put a small amount of warmer water (bath warm) in the container - then add MC - shake/stir like crazy - fill the rest of the way with the lukewarm (or whatever temp) water. It seems like the small amount of initial water and/or the warmth of it helps dissolve more efficiently.

EDIT: I just saw this

Lol, it seems I’ve copied you!

I did, too. :battingeyelashes:

I guess I'll be doing half an hour in trim jail real soon..
Sometimes that half hour rewards you with surprisingly beautiful smoke results! :p My Amnesia will be an easy one too. But I definitely will try here again indoors.
I'm tempted to pluck off a tester
You should! I’m dying to have someone test her and help me put my finger on the smell, and taste!
And her little arms are still getting a bit fatter every day....:love:
I wish you could photoshop a Popeye head on top of that plant with the big ole arms. She’s adorable. :love:
I knew you did that but missed the warm water part. I have the grey stuff too and it just whirled around in the coffee grinder when I tried to make it better, so no joy there. I need to bring a container of warm water down to the Playhouse when mixing and give it another try tomorrow morning. To be honest, I’m so tired from watering plants. It’s been so dry here that my rain barrel has been empty for a couple weeks now so I’ve been filling and carrying gallon jugs from a variety of different water sources ( but I have been using them as weights and lifting them a bit so there’s a positive point!). I have 5 large photoperiod plants that have been recently taking 2.5 gallons each every day, then there are the two fauxtos that are really starting to hit their stride at 1.5 gals every other day, plus the tent GSC who takes 2 gallons every other day and now White Widow wants a gallon every day. OOF! I’m trying to mix stuff up ahead of time but I don’t have enough containers to set everyone up for success ahead of time - and I really need to! I’ve got that baby granddaughter coming sooooon and I need to streamline my process and it’s starting to create a little stress for me…..thoughts on streamlining Mr. Carcass? :thedoubletake: Please? Anyone? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wish you could photoshop a Popeye head on top of that plant with the big ole arms.
carcass popeye.jpg

Back
Top Bottom