Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

Veg bin suffered major plant damage when I went camping. Power must have gone out and my quarantine and veg bins suffered some major damage. Max temp was recorded as 89F and RH dropped to 20%...

Anyway, I returned home to this:
IMG_20120518_092456.jpg

lost 6 from phase 1 and 9 from phase 2. Plants remaining are as follows:

Phase1-
60.9 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
60.9 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
60.9 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies- Clone - GFB

Phase2-
35.9 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone-b - GFB
35.9 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone-b - GFB
35.9 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone-b - LamBrd
35.9 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone-b - LamBrd
35.9 days tracking Purple Widow Clone-b - PW

I think I might be combining Phase 1 and Phase 2 and putting them into the Cardboard Flower Box under Veg for a week or two before flipping, just to try to relieve some of that stress.

Will be taking new clones when mothers are (N) starved this week. It will have to be a large clone harvest and will make my mothers look ragged, but they're strong enough to bounce back very quickly.

sorry my friend, that is something you truely didnt deserve, couldnt no one of kept an eye on things for you, it always happens like that, when your their nothing goes wrong at all day after day, as soon as you turn your back the gremlins creep out of the wood work and start screwing things up. i hope you managed to recover what you could, even the plants that look dead may bounce back, its amazing what these plants can go through and still come out fighting

OMM, I'm glad there were still some left as well. Thank you, for the kind words

Electricthom, the camping trip was wonderful, actually, and brought my family some much needed time together.

dp.p, I trust no one here enough to give them a key to my only sanctuary in the city, much less tell them I have a grow inside that sanctuary...

Today is reset day. Test 2 just finished, and is harvested, so I broke the box down to give it a thorough cleaning. Everything plastic is in bleach sanitizer as we speak. I shall pull it here in a few minutes and set everything back up. We will be ready for tomorrow's big start to this long-awaited project, despite the setbacks suffered.

And that's why everything, every last little thing,
every single tiny microscopic little thing must go...

According to plan

Hehe, I love that movie.

Took a helluva lot of clones today to make up for the loss last week, 36 in all.
IMG_20120520_133645.jpg
15 x Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone-C - GFB
07 x Lamb's Bread Clone-C - LamBrd
13 x Plush Berry Kush Clone-C - PBK
01 x Purple Widow Clone-C - PW

you been busy, looks like you got more plants than you lost so not to much damage then mate, i hear ya with trusting people with the key or even knowing, its hard to trust the closer people to you, i dont take risks looks like your the same mate, the only person who knows im growing is my mom and their is no way she would mention it to anyone, apart from her the only other people is everyone on here, and thats why i like to keep checking in cuz i can actually talk to like minded people about something im doing and we are all doing,

Well, yes, I now have more than I lost, but these clones were slated for phase 3 and phase 4, now I shall have to wait 2 or more months before I can take another set of clones. The mothers were butchered pretty badly.

On the trust issue, I have no family here, and I like it that way. Family, at least mine, is too nosy and gossip is as much a part of their life as breathing. There is only ONE 'friend' that I would trust enough to take care of these, but transportation is a problem, there. All my neighbors do not, nor are they supposed to know about my grow. That was one of the stipulations they set in place, when I informed management that I would be growing my own medications, and provided them with a copy of my recommendation.

the mothers should pull through though shouldnt that, i took some clones just of my 2ltr hempie the lowest branches where getting long so chopped and cloned, i had a power cut earlier, i went out at 10am and got back just before 9pm so i dont know what time it went off, it came back on just after 9pm, normally my light runs from 12dinner time till 12 midnight, so the lights came back on at 9pm and will be going off at 12midnight, so im thinking the best thing to do is leave the timer as it is and not change the schedule and just give them the 3 hours of light followed by the normal 12 hours, if i was in i could of put them near windows, but like you these things only happen to me when im not in and today was the 1st time i had been out all day but my 5 year old daughter was dancing at cadburys on some talant got to dance show, and when i got back the power was off, thought the lights had tripped a switch until i saw a neighbour and his power was off as well, he got in at 5pm and it was off then,. so for all i know it could of been off all day, but not sure when or how long, so am i best leaving the lights on their usual schedule and give them their 12 hours of dark from midnight, or should i change the schedule

Aw crap,sorry bout plants man but glad to hear the trip was a good one.:peace:

Hehe, thanks budd! It was a very good trip, and we are already planning the next one for the longer hiatus next month. we just can't stay away from this new place we've found. Fishing for me, not one hundred feet away, and thousands of square miles of hiking and hills, and trees for her.

the mothers should pull through though shouldnt that, i took some clones just of my 2ltr hempie the lowest branches where getting long so chopped and cloned, i had a power cut earlier, i went out at 10am and got back just before 9pm so i dont know what time it went off, it came back on just after 9pm, normally my light runs from 12dinner time till 12 midnight, so the lights came back on at 9pm and will be going off at 12midnight, so im thinking the best thing to do is leave the timer as it is and not change the schedule and just give them the 3 hours of light followed by the normal 12 hours, if i was in i could of put them near windows, but like you these things only happen to me when im not in and today was the 1st time i had been out all day but my 5 year old daughter was dancing at cadburys on some talant got to dance show, and when i got back the power was off, thought the lights had tripped a switch until i saw a neighbour and his power was off as well, he got in at 5pm and it was off then,. so for all i know it could of been off all day, but not sure when or how long, so am i best leaving the lights on their usual schedule and give them their 12 hours of dark from midnight, or should i change the schedule

Leave it. Do not change a thing. I would say, though, that if you have a mechanical timer, that you adjust the time back to the current time. If it's a digital timer with the battery backup, you should be fine.

its the old type timer and i adjusted it back to what it should be, but thanks for mentioning it as i could see how easy it would be not to adjust it, i think its best if i just let them have the 3 hours of light then the 12 off as normal, because if i now give them 12 hours of light it may mess them up as it will be longer before they got their next 12 hours, so think its best if i leave, just wanted to ask before i started changing the timing

its the old type timer and i adjusted it back to what it should be, but thanks for mentioning it as i could see how easy it would be not to adjust it, i think its best if i just let them have the 3 hours of light then the 12 off as normal, because if i now give them 12 hours of light it may mess them up as it will be longer before they got their next 12 hours, so think its best if i leave, just wanted to ask before i started changing the timing

yup-yup! Just leave it the GLR light will come on a 5:30 am and everything will be back in order.

my flower plants as well mate, not just my veg room, so my flower has been 12-12 for ages im not to bothered about the veg as i think they will be ok, but my plants in flower are well in flower and is covered in buds, im concerned about them turning hermie, but i think its only 1 times its happend and its not like the light has come on during the dark stage so im thinking everything will be ok

my flower plants as well mate, not just my veg room, so my flower has been 12-12 for ages im not to bothered about the veg as i think they will be ok, but my plants in flower are well in flower and is covered in buds, im concerned about them turning hermie, but i think its only 1 times its happend and its not like the light has come on during the dark stage so im thinking everything will be ok

One day without lights for even 7 hours will not hermie your plants. It needs to be a little more erratic than that. You're fine.

thanks, that will make me sleep a bit easier, from what i can tell the way to make them go hermie quick is to keep letting light in during the dark period, but as that has not happened i should be ok, it just means they have had a very short day thats all, thanks mate,

Everything has been reset and all is ready for test to begin tomorrow.

IMG_20120520_154942.jpg

Clones in Phase 1 will be:

37.6 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
37.6 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
37.6 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
37.6 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
37.6 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
62.6 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
62.6 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
62.6 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies- Clone - GFB

The tracking Days are Veg days. Due to the loss of 15 plants from the dehydration indecent, I have decided to combine the clones that were originally Phase 1 and Phase 2 into this first phase to start tomorrow. There are the 36 new clones that will start vegging in 7-12 days that will be included in Phases 2 and 3.

Now, for Phase 4. I went to my collective a couple of weeks ago, and was alerted to a seed-laden batch of Kush. The proprietor of my co-op often selects certain strains that come in from growers that have been grown incorrectly, or something went wrong with the crop and outs it in the "Economy" jar. These Economy strains are nearly given away at the donation level of $70 per 1/2oz. Now I know what you're thinking, "you could have a crap strain on your hands!"

This is not the case. As I said before, with the proprietor knowing I am a grower, I was alerted to a batch that came in with seeds galore in it. Pretty good smoke once I picked out the seeds, and I got an added bonus of 32 well-formed and mature seeds in a half-ounce. He said they were supposed to be PURPLE KUSH!! But it is unknown if they were self/hermie pollinated, or if pollen floated into the growers space from somewhere else. Purple Kush! Wow! I've been wanting to grow this strain for ages, but have never been able to gain access. There's a chance that these could actually be Purple Kush, or Purple Kush x Unknown, and that has me intrigued. I've been holding onto these seeds itching for an excuse to pop a few. Then on my last camping trip things happened to put me behind in clone production... Bad, and good, it seems, came out of that. As such, I have set 8 seeds of this "Economy Kush" henceforth known as Jandre Kush (due to their unknown nature and lineage), in water to start the germination precess, and I am now back in the seedling arena of growing.

Oh what a glorious adventure this has turned out to be...
IMG_20120520_163825.jpg

Back
Top Bottom