Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow & Pineapple Express

Re: Catman's Autoflowering LED Closet Grow - White Widow and Pineapple Express

Yes - Yes it is true Obi:

IMG_20140930_212917284_HDR.jpg

Another long Tuesday, and, sad to say, the timer to my light is vexing me.

How did I get here?!?

Letting the days go by...same as it ever was....

:Namaste:

Your notes are going to help a lot! Many times I have referred back to my own journal and notes to guide my decisions. These grows are a constantly evolving process. Logging were you've been will help you make small adjustments going forward rather than extreme changes.

Good stuff man. I know you can do it.

I hope you have a good day today.
/Obi Wan
:peace:

Your notes are going to help a lot! Many times I have referred back to my own journal and notes to guide my decisions. These grows are a constantly evolving process. Logging were you've been will help you make small adjustments going forward rather than extreme changes.

Good stuff man. I know you can do it.

I hope you have a good day today.
/Obi Wan

Thanks Obi - The end of my work week. Beat but gonna take some pix I think.

Really getting nervous because, according to the highest percentage of autogrow info I can find, 1/4 strength veg nutes starting beginning to end of week 3. First time is always the hardest LOL! That is a big reason I have a written schedule up on the door - I can't keep track of the days of the week let alone weeks of 2 different auto grows...

Maybe they don't really need nutrients :/

Looking grrrreat!

....I am anxious about the feeding routine I typically see around the interwebs. We'll see what happens next!

What do you mean by that?

Here at 420, on youtube, and other places on the internet, they stress the need for an autoflower nute schedule that is "particular" as in week 3 this, week 4 that, week 7 this etc etc and IT HAS to be "this certain way" - but they are ALL DIFFERENT WAYS. Except there is generally an agreement to use less of the nutrient than is typical for photoperiods. (1/4 strength)

I think part of this is because there are so many different soils and different grow mediums now. So, IDK - I wonder if they even need nutrients until budding really. I have paper on my closet door to keep track of the weeks - I just don't want to burn these plants.

Oh my! I didn't even know this.

I do agree with the nute at 1/2 strength or less. That is solid advice as recent experience reminds me. I started this auto girl in what turned out to be too small a pot so as soon as I saw how it took off I knew I was going to have trouble with her. I just wanted to try the auto thing.

I did not follow any feeding schedule when I grew my auto. She grew and flowered just fine besides the nute burn due to my mistake in feeding too much. I fed according to the instructions on the back of the bottle, that is too much! But besides/despite that, she's putting out great buds. Not to say that the feeding schedules don't work. Could it have been better? Sure! I could have fed less and potted in a larger pot and she would have certainly put out much more than she is.

Point being don't over think it. It's still a plant and we know it will want/need certain things. Give it a run, learn as you go. Fine tune with time.

I did not follow any feeding schedule when I grew my auto...

Oh Hey - Good point. I actually knew this and forgot...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Point being don't over think it...

Actually, this was both my strength and downfall throughout my 52 year history. You pegged it. Thanks for the much needed insight and support! GOM, which I am naming Grace, will need a watering this evening or tomorrow and I will add 1/4 strength FF Grow Big to her water.

Update:

I have chosen names for these lovely autos after historic computer science females

Grass-o-matic is 2 weeks old tomorrow and is now GRACE after Rear Admiral Grace M. Hopper, USN, PhD. She invented the first compiler for a computer programming language, popularized the idea of machine-independent programming languages, which led to the development of COBOL, and is credited with popularizing the term "debugging" for fixing computer glitches.

White Widow is just past 1 weeks old and is now ADA after Ada Lovelace, a mathematician and writer chiefly known for her work on Charles Babbage's early mechanical general-purpose computer, the Analytical Engine. Her notes on the engine include what is recognized as the first algorithm intended to be carried out by a machine. Because of this, she is often described as the world's first computer programmer.

So there you have it. If it weren't for some pharmaceutical issues maybe I wouldn't be as attached to success with these girls. With Hazel I was unaware of how well cannabis worked for me and also how well it ameliorated the withdrawal syndrome associated with tapering from this shitty med I'm on.

Fingers crossed that nurse Grace and nurse Ada will thrive and produce some nice meds for Ol' Catman!

Thanks for your support out there guys! :)

Great update. I like the thought you put into the naming. Nice dash of class, Catman.

Excellent selection of names!

I am certain that in the care of these lovely future nurses you will do very well Sir Catman!

I have the timer set the way I want it, lights out during the warmest part of the day, on during the night while it is colder. I have now accurately remembered how old Grace and Ada are (I was a week ahead WTF?) and am better satisfied with their progress.

So, I bought a small Top LED (old reflector series, not the new mars II) to add to the closet. I felt there really needed to be better coverage, but in my circumstances, I felt it best to not get another advanced LED. Not only am I aiming for an early retirement, but I also want some other toys LOL. :cheesygrinsmiley: It may not be the "best" but it will work out OK for now I think.

Wondering about the advantages of growing a photoperiod alongside an autoflower...Wondering if I'm up to learning how to appropriately harvest and cure plants.

I honestly cannot wrap my head around the idea that plants I grow in my spare closet are potent medicine. Hazel stunk in a big way and was potent enough for me I guess...bless his heart. 420 is a great place. No, I am not drunk, just got back from staring at the girls...

You will harvest at the right time and you will cure just fine and you will be blown away with the quality of your accomplishment.

I think you have the right idea with the autos, less hassle.

I will be curious how your advanced LED and your TopLED compare.

You will harvest at the right time and you will cure just fine and you will be blown away with the quality of your accomplishment.

I think you have the right idea with the autos, less hassle.

I will be curious how your advanced LED and your TopLED compare.

Thanks Seraphim - I can't quite believe it yet! :cheesygrinsmiley: I am also curious about the light comparison. But, maybe there are ultimately too many variables in a grow to make a fair comparison (?) - I'm sure I'll have an opinion though! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Its all downhill now bro. The hardest part (to me) is over with getting them started. Looking good!

I kinda feel the same way - starting up this grow was a challenge - They're now just sort-of growing and I'm just watching. But, I don't doubt my capacity to screw something up!

:rofl:

For example: I did water Grace with 1/4 strength FF Grow Big, even though she has just started her third week today. My rationale was that she is so big...much like Hazel way later in his grow.

Also, being motivated to try and keep both plants on the same watering schedule (mainly due to mixing nutrients), I also watered Ada even though she may have been able to go another day or so without. She was dry enough I believe, but she is only a week-and-a-half old. I did use plain RO water to finish nearer to her.

Keeping an eye out on them today - College Football in my pajamas (TMI)

Happy Saturday Growers!

Subbed. Excited to see what's to come ;)

Back
Top Bottom