Catman's Closet - Bag Seed - LED Grow — First Grow - 2014

Glad to see your friend is perking up! I too had to refrain from watering constantly when I first started....but that was the least of my issues when I got started...I learned very quickly to use the bucket lift method to determine on watering schedule...I started in the fall and harvested in the beginning of winter and honestly didn't have a horrible run. I still consider myself a newbie and always will because I can always learn something! I will offer my advice and opinions if needed! I hope your friend is indeed a lady!

Glad to see your friend is perking up! I too had to refrain from watering constantly when I first started....but that was the least of my issues when I got started...I learned very quickly to use the bucket lift method to determine on watering schedule...I started in the fall and harvested in the beginning of winter and honestly didn't have a horrible run. I still consider myself a newbie and always will because I can always learn something! I will offer my advice and opinions if needed! I hope your friend is indeed a lady!

Thanks for stopping by devilish and for your kind support! I'm always open to advice (please!) so feel free.
Stop in again!

:)

Looking good! You've definitely turned Hazel around 180°. Here's to hoping he's a she :)

I might reconsider spending the electricity, effort and other expense on a male plant for edibles. The return on investment will most likely be disappointing at best. You may also run the risk of pollinating a current or future grow if not very careful. Just food for thought.

I'm really digging what you've got goin' on here. Keep up the great work!

/Obi
:peace:

Ooh, one more quick comment/concern: I wouldn't try to induce stretch by raising the light source. If you've found a good height for vigorous growth I might try to stick to that throughout the grow. The plant will naturally go through stretch phases on it's own.

/Obi

Looking good! You've definitely turned Hazel around 180°. Here's to hoping he's a she :)

I might reconsider spending the electricity, effort and other expense on a male plant for edibles. The return on investment will most likely be disappointing at best. You may also run the risk of pollinating a current or future grow if not very careful. Just food for thought.

I'm really digging what you've got goin' on here. Keep up the great work!

/Obi
:peace:

Thanks for stopping in Obi!

My main intent was to really stick to edibles for a number of reasons - But I know I'm gonna have to try smoking anything I grow successfully! I'm not going to worry too much about pollination issues since it will be a while before my first paycheck and I buy some autoflowers. I see a lot of people here go to extraordinary measures when they decide to grow a male plant for seeds...

I say to you that I believe there are some really good properties in cannabis regardless of sex - not focusing on THC too very much atm. I'll tell you what: If Hazel is indeed male, I veg him towards the end of abundance of leaves, make some cannabutter and consume those results, I'll document it all on here for you to ponder. Even if it turns out like sh*t and I have to "eat my words" LOL :rofl:

I feel like a scientist!

:Namaste:

I see where you are coming from, now. Should be a fun journey :)

/Obi

Subbed!

Looking good Mr. Catman12!!

Ooh, one more quick comment/concern: I wouldn't try to induce stretch by raising the light source. If you've found a good height for vigorous growth I might try to stick to that throughout the grow. The plant will naturally go through stretch phases on it's own.

/Obi

Oh Man if you only knew...I don't want stench.

No, no no. I live in a condo complex with professionals/retired folks. There are a couple of young kids a few doors down that may not mind skunk stench.

Now - I love the odor which, correct me if I'm wrong, may mean Indica (along with the wide darker leaves),and also means good growth (as opposed to death, which was the theme for the first half of this grow).

I may have to actually raise the light due to some OK growth on Hazel's part.

Winter is going to be a drag with the windows shut - I'm not running a carbon filter system - I was trying to keep this venture small. Oh well - we'll see...

hey cat. make your own carbon filter. nothing more than charcoal in stockings with filter. all it real is in the filter anyway.

Hey thanks Grayhawk! I'm trying to keep grows simple and expenses at a minimum (except for the light LOL) so I really like your suggestion a lot.

:thumb:

Something tells me the expenses are going to keep mounting no matter what I want! :laughtwo:

yeah just find that crap on YouTube or Google it. what I do. I made bags for plants till I got bigger pots. also got lights from walmart under cabinet lights t5s for 8 bucks. But I am getting a light soon. got some government school money going use it for. Cant wait. 1400.00 is all mine. woman aint getting crap of it. all mine. :rofl:

I Topped Hazel today. I was going to wait for after the fourth node, but the emerging fourth node pair weren't looking right. The one leaf looked OK, but it's twin was malformed - only one side had vegetable matter and the other half was bare. So I rid Hazel of the entire node. We'll see what happens next...

P9010217.JPG

The leaves are a good bit darker in color than the picture.

Now, a dilemma: I have been gifted...

P9010218.JPG

An old friend from the Big City heard I was looking for bag seed to experiment with and gave me these.

This old friend also heard that, before I started growing, I wanted to try and mix up some edibles to see what the effect would be on me after all this time - and so here I am with some shake from her last bud of "kush." (does she really know even?) I was content by now to just wait for my own harvest, whenever that would be, but I just couldn't turn down this bitty bag

1 -So, do I want to start another go at a bag seed grow (free) or do I want to buy some autoflowering seed of a strain more likely to be what I'm specifically after (money I might kill from lack of skill)? I figured I could keep Hazel going indefinitely while autoflowers are doing their thing if he turns out to be a she.

2- Since the last time I used weed was so long ago how much do I put in my scrambled egg? :trance: My roommate will probably have too much fun at my expense if I over shoot the mark

When we were younger my old friends and I used to cook up weed eggs for breakfast, so I'm going with that LOL.

I've answered my own question - I'm ordering seeds so I know what I'm getting. I think. (?)

never tried it. scare to get males. last order seeds I had was a mix up between females and males. I was supposed to get one pack female and free ones. I for two free packs. no females. wasn't happy I wasted 4 months of work. and money time effort. so forth.
we order diff place now. lmao

never tried it. scare to get males. last order seeds I had was a mix up between females and males. I was supposed to get one pack female and free ones. I for two free packs. no females. wasn't happy I wasted 4 months of work. and money time effort. so forth.
we order diff place now. lmao

That sounds horrible! I'm waiting to see if my one plant is male or not - only time will tell!

yeah that is one thing I haven't figured out yet. I tired to take a clone and let it run its course and they lived but never showed its gender.
finally just said heck with it and turned one into oil and other well got burnt up in Indian peace pipe sitting around camp fire. lol.
going to use collide silver on the black jack on one stem to make female seeds this one. and make clone also. least that's the plan.

Back
Top Bottom