CF's Northern Lights Blue Auto & OG Kush - SuperBud - NL Blue - ChemDawg Soil Grow

Re: CF's Northern Lights Blue Auto and OG Kush, Superbud, NL Blue, Chemdawg Soil Grow

I PM'd Mando with his follow up questions already. I remember DocBud doing an experiment where he added some prills to a glass of water and let it sit overnight. Next day took a ppm reading. Added a bunch more prills to the glass, next day took another reading. The readings were the same......OC+ "operates" at a certain ppm level (probably based mostly on temperature) but impossible to overfeed unless your pots get super hot. When the prills are all used up, you just have a bunch of clear spheres in your soil. I remember the ppm level to be 3-400, not important though. Most plants look great if they have everything they need at 400 ppm.....can they do better using more.....depends on the genetics. Remember fertilizer suppliers for mmj want you to use a bunch more than you need, and it is ingrained behavior in most growers. That's why most don't want to use OC+, it goes against the grain. Do a little experiment for us all, glass of water, ppm wand and prills, repeat what Doc did. Then mix up some BPN to a certain level (whatever you use). Add some to the glass w/ the prills, they should be additive. Now, with the straight BPN mix, add some prills in, bet the ppm level won't go up at all. Not additive, above OC+'s operating band.

Re: CF's Northern Lights Blue Auto and OG Kush, Superbud, NL Blue, Chemdawg Soil Grow

I PM'd Mando with his follow up questions already. I remember DocBud doing an experiment where he added some prills to a glass of water and let it sit overnight. Next day took a ppm reading. Added a bunch more prills to the glass, next day took another reading. The readings were the same......OC+ "operates" at a certain ppm level (probably based mostly on temperature) but impossible to overfeed unless your pots get super hot. When the prills are all used up, you just have a bunch of clear spheres in your soil. I remember the ppm level to be 3-400, not important though. Most plants look great if they have everything they need at 400 ppm.....can they do better using more.....depends on the genetics. Remember fertilizer suppliers for mmj want you to use a bunch more than you need, and it is ingrained behavior in most growers. That's why most don't want to use OC+, it goes against the grain. Do a little experiment for us all, glass of water, ppm wand and prills, repeat what Doc did. Then mix up some BPN to a certain level (whatever you use). Add some to the glass w/ the prills, they should be additive. Now, with the straight BPN mix, add some prills in, bet the ppm level won't go up at all. Not additive, above OC+'s operating band.

Hey there buddy. That sounds like an amazing experiment. I am going to do it and post the results. I used to be one of the growers that pushed the nute barrier too high. I think the oc is good for us overnuters!!

I really am going to do this. Thanks and plus reps!
:high-five:

Very cool experiment OG13. Thanks for the pm, I can't reply yet. I think I will try it myself!

I personally have had great luck with OC although I haven't found a ready source of OC plus. I've been using other nutes to supplement it for micronutrients. I never seem to have NPK shortage with OC, except late in the season after a hot summer, which I also noticed on other plants such as hot peppers, but for the most part OC works great and lasts an entire grow under normal conditions. The constant PPM is a very cool thing to know, and isn't on any of the company's documentation I've read. That's a very cool thing to know.

know what I'd like to see? BPN put out their version of a CRF dedicatd to our favorite plant!

I personally have had great luck with OC although I haven't found a ready source of OC plus. I've been using other nutes to supplement it for micronutrients. I never seem to have NPK shortage with OC, except late in the season after a hot summer, which I also noticed on other plants such as hot peppers, but for the most part OC works great and lasts an entire grow under normal conditions. The constant PPM is a very cool thing to know, and isn't on any of the company's documentation I've read. That's a very cool thing to know.

know what I'd like to see? BPN put out their version of a CRF dedicatd to our favorite plant!

That is what I have heard is that the OC gets better nitrogen delivery to the roots. I don't see why we can't benefit from the nitrogen delivery and supplement with BPN. My plants are either enjoying the added nutes or the BPN is taking over.

Here is a link to buy oc+. HorseLoverZ - Horse - Tack - Clothes - Boots= One bottle for $20 can grow hundreds of plants! As you already know!

I would not post but there are no vendors here that offer this product. I hope I am ok by posting the link.

Hi CF I was a little bummed to hear about the loose buds . I mentioned earlier in your journal that I really liked my NLBlue. Mine was not an auto so maybe that is the difference. I really liked the buzzzz very relaxing, a little heady then good for easing body pain. I read through quickly but will go back to find your smoke report. No need to apologize for your sillyness after the cannabutter ....those of us that love our magicbutter understand completely .......... I do get funny looks from my wife after I eat my butter .....She says "Whats so Funny?" my only reply is "Shit I don't know" and keep right on laughing. I've never done the crockpot but have had good results by simmering for 3 hours. Well it is breakfast time here and I have some English Muffins I think I will have Cannabutter on my Muffin. It is Saturday and I've got nothing planned for the day,

Hi CF I was a little bummed to hear about the loose buds . I mentioned earlier in your journal that I really liked my NLBlue. Mine was not an auto so maybe that is the difference. I really liked the buzzzz very relaxing, a little heady then good for easing body pain. I read through quickly but will go back to find your smoke report. No need to apologize for your sillyness after the cannabutter ....those of us that love our magicbutter understand completely .......... I do get funny looks from my wife after I eat my butter .....She says "Whats so Funny?" my only reply is "Shit I don't know" and keep right on laughing. I've never done the crockpot but have had good results by simmering for 3 hours. Well it is breakfast time here and I have some English Muffins I think I will have Cannabutter on my Muffin. It is Saturday and I've got nothing planned for the day,

Hey there Buddy! My smoke report has absolutely nothing bad to say about the high. I was a little disappointed about the airy buds but the high is really good. I got some great weight too for an auto. 8 ounces of bud off of 5 plants is good more me.

I am growing the NL Blue regular now and I am sure the buds are going to be a lot more compact. I can tell by the way the buds are forming that they are going to be firmer bud.

I sure hope you enjoy your cannabutter. This time I am only going to simmer for around 3 hours too. Really love the cannabutter!!

Grow Room Update! What a difference 3 days makes. Other than veg this is my favorite time is growing. The female hairs are developing very nicely on all plants.

The Chemdawg and the OG are the biggest. The NL Blue is in the middle and the Superbud is the shortest. The Superbud has developed some very tight nodes so I expect some real thick colas.

Group Photo..

Superbud..

OG Kush..

NL Blue..

Chemdawg...

Here are my 5 vegging plants I am getting ready for next grow..
They are a Tangerine Dream, OG Kush, Chemdawg from clone, Rock Lock, and Lucy.

looks great CF

looks great CF

Thanks Buddy! I am having a few quality issues with my OG. It is starting to get too heavy and starting to lean. I am thinking about buying a tomato trellis today at the harware store and fit them around the plant to give it more support.
:thumb:

I came accross this song from 1943. Great weed song. I love the lyrics. It is amazing that the public fell for the media driven fear of this harmless plant with the fictional propaganda movie the government put out " Refer Madness ". It is no wonder respect for marijuana prohibition is so low.

Fats Waller - You're A Viper (The Reefer Song) - YouTube

Thanks Buddy! I am having a few quality issues with my OG. It is starting to get too heavy and starting to lean. I am thinking about buying a tomato trellis today at the harware store and fit them around the plant to give it more support.

sounds like you have it well under control

that songs funny shit

The OC+, and BPN and water nute experiment.

I did the experiment that was suggested. I was puzzled at the results.

I had 2 glasses of the same tap water. One glass I put half tsp of oc+. The other glass I put about 5 drops of BPN. The base water was at 310 ppm. The oc+ glass only went to 425 ppm. The BPN glass was at 1600 ppm. I added the BPN to the 1600 ppm and it did not move any ppms at all.

I still think using oc+ and BPN together is working for me. I know the oc+ works by itself but I am getting better results using both.

Tapping my foot while looking over your sweet plants... an enjoyable visit :cheesygrinsmiley:

NL...how I luv thee! :dreamy: 8 zip is a great score browski!

NL is a good smoke. Definatley is strong! I was happy with the weight especially because they were autos and this was my first auto grow. Bag appeal is not the greatest but the smoke does the trick!

Tapping my foot while looking over your sweet plants... an enjoyable visit :cheesygrinsmiley:

Glad you had an enjoyable visit!! Glad you enjoyed the ancient tune! I have played it several times myself!

I am having issues with a little OG Kush seedling. It is pictured in the top right of the LED photo of the seedlings. It is having a hard time growing erect. For over a week now it has been lying on its tiny side. Today when I saw it on its side I almost threw it out. I have 4 healthy plants ready for next grow and really don't need 5 anyway. The only thing that stopped me from ending its tiny life was because it is OG and that is one of my favorite strains to smoke.

I have been using chop sticks to hold it up. The seedling is so tiny it is hard to possition in an area that it will stay. I am sure it will grow out of this funk. It is just annoying.

OH no!
wee man down!

Know what you mean about, not being able to bring yourself to cull..
I had to kill 4, 8" perfectly healthy LST'd, topped, OG bush clones. Just because I didn't have room for them, and neither did any of my friends!
Healthy or not, it still hurts I know..
well cuz, she's OG Kush damnit!

I am having issues with a little OG Kush seedling. It is pictured in the top right of the LED photo of the seedlings. It is having a hard time growing erect. For over a week now it has been lying on its tiny side. Today when I saw it on its side I almost threw it out. I have 4 healthy plants ready for next grow and really don't need 5 anyway. The only thing that stopped me from ending its tiny life was because it is OG and that is one of my favorite strains to smoke.

I have been using chop sticks to hold it up. The seedling is so tiny it is hard to possition in an area that it will stay. I am sure it will grow out of this funk. It is just annoying.

cant you put more of your medium up to the leaves to prop it?

Back
Top Bottom