Closet Farmer OC+ Soil Grow - Easy Does It!

OMG, one of them looks like a Decepticon.

I like your writing and i think you're right. That is one ugly plant. Even so, no doubt she's got a happy ending waiting at the end of the day.

The hempy setup is awesome...

I have one that I did as a trial and wish I could transplant the rest in them.
The next grow I'm doing all hempy so I can fit 12 in my room instead of only 6!
I also put a wick in my 2L though so she can still drink if I don't fill the res back up in time.

This OC+ stuff seems to work out pretty well for you and OMM... I would be interested to hear some pros/cons between the BPN and OC+

I believe that someone could get as good or better results with the BPN. You are more in control of the nutes the plants are taking. I am sure no Master Grower will be using oc+. I am an average grower with a very busy life. I just got over a tough run beating the hep c virus. So I do not have a lot of energy that I can devote to just my plants.

The reason I like oc+ is I am getting great results and I am not working as hard mixing up nutes. I still plan on buying the BPN 2 part. I have a killer hydro set up that I willl use sometime in the future.:peace::high-five:

Yep! You are felling better! :Namaste:

Your new project looks good. Best of luck with it! :cheer:

Yes my Friend! I am feeling much better. It is great to be almost back to normal!! :yahoo:

OMG, one of them looks like a Decepticon.

I like your writing and i think you're right. That is one ugly plant. Even so, no doubt she's got a happy ending waiting at the end of the day.

Yes, That Royal Haze is taking forever. It is getting fatter every day. Hairs everywhere and yet it is not maturing. I know Sativas take longer. I will probably add some Kool Bloom to the mix to see if I can get her to hurry up!! :morenutes:

What is Femming?

Here is a chart that shows the difference between Fimming and Topping. The cool thing is even if you miss. You will still end up with more new branch growth. If you don't miss. You will have 4 new branches that will grow up about the same height. Instead of just two if you were to top.

:peacetwo:

Thanks for that, but it still seems the same, cutting the main stem to obtain a bushier plant...

I understand how you feel because I used the think the same way. If you look close. You notice that if you Fim. You get four branches closer together. If you Top you end up with only 2 extra branches. I used to just top. Now I fim instead. If I miss. So What. I still end up with a bushier plant with more tops. :peace:

like i said Subed!! :) They look so nice man! i should do a clone of Sherley but idk how lol

Hey there Mud Pie!! Thanks for the compliment. Next time I clone I will do a video or take pics. it is really easy.

What I do is take a cutting from a small top. I use a clean razor blade. When I cut the top I criss cross cut the bottom of the top with the razor until the cut part is a little mushy. Then I dip into Cloning Gel. I used rock wool this time. I had to cut the cubes in half to fit into the cloner. After that I put into the cloner that has ph adjusted water. That is it. Twice a day I will spay the clones and spay the inside of the cloner to keep the humidity up. If I leave alone and do not touch for about 7 days I can replant.

It has been 3 days since the clones are in and now they are pointing towards the light so I know they are taking root.

001916.JPG

003888.JPG

BTW! I loved your commnent on OMM's site...........Boobs............. I laughed my ass off!! Thank you!!

I understand how you feel because I used the think the same way. If you look close. You notice that if you Fim. You get four branches closer together. If you Top you end up with only 2 extra branches. I used to just top. Now I fim instead. If I miss. So What. I still end up with a bushier plant with more tops. :peace:

I Understand now.. Thanks, I realized I've been fimming all along.
:thumb:

I knew you were recovering I didn't know why... I'm sorry to hear that but glad to hear you are almost back to normal.
I am not going through something quite like that but I know what you mean about not having a lot of energy for the ladies we love!
I'm real glad to hear the OC+ is working out for you!!! At the same time I look forward to your return to BPN!!

I wish you a speedy return to normality (if any of us are really there) :Namaste:

I knew you were recovering I didn't know why... I'm sorry to hear that but glad to hear you are almost back to normal.
I am not going through something quite like that but I know what you mean about not having a lot of energy for the ladies we love!
I'm real glad to hear the OC+ is working out for you!!! At the same time I look forward to your return to BPN!!

I wish you a speedy return to normality (if any of us are really there) :Namaste:

Thanks about your comment about getting back to normal. The first part of this year I was completely out of my mind on the meds the doctor was giving me. I lost 50 pounds in the process. I have gained 5 pounds back but I have almost 100% of my energy back!

I like BPN. I still plan on using them. I am going to get the two part nutes. I am actually going back and forth between doing a 12/12 hempe grow or 12/12 hydro grow. If I went hydro I would use the BPN nutes. I have went to the BPN page several times in the last few days. Almost pulled the trigger once. I have my eye on the two part. I have a lot of Hydro equiptment and I know hydro fairly well. I believe within the next week I will get some 2 part. :surf:

The reason I am thinking about doing a few plants in Hydro is I know how fast they grow in that medium and I have the equiptment. If I went hydro. I would use 2 gallon stand alone buckets with a bubbler in the bucket. For this I could not use the oc+. :morenutes::lot-o-toke:

For Soil. It would be very hard for me to part with the oc+. For me it really works well and the results are fantastic. :high-five:

I would like a concencus..... Please anybody. What would you rather me do. A Hempe Grow with my clones or a Hydro Grow with the BPN nutes? I want to do Hempe because I have never done that before. I like the idea of doing Hydro because I know I am going to get great results.

A hempy grow using straight perlite, OC+, with a tablespoon of Ironite and epsom salts each per gallon of perlite is a hydro grow. You could do the same thing with the BPN nutes. The difference being with the OC+ you would just have to add water, with BPN you have to mix your nutes every time you add solution which is not so bad. This would be a perfect comparison grow!

Ok! I slept on it overnight. I am going to do the Hempe with the oc+. I have never done a Hempe grow before and that is why I want to do it. I want to use the oc+ because I have heard it works well with Hempe. :reading420magazine:

I haven't had this type of results in soil since I left Hydro. The plants are getting bigger every day. I have been adding a little sweetener to the water mix along with some cal mag. I am very pleased so far with how the plants are doing. And the small amount of effort needed. I also do not miss my wifes bitching when I am mixing nutes. She is a clean freek and will not tollerate smelly or messy things! :yahoo:

The clones are looking great. Healthier than even yesterday. I am having problems getting a few more seeds to germinate. I might be doing a one plant hempe if these seeds do not crack open. :lot-o-toke:

Here are the pics....
420_0038.JPG

All the plants are showing thier hairs...
420_0087.JPG

Here are the 3 potted veg plants.... One still has the seed on it. It is growing but I am a little worried about it.

420_0106.JPG

Clones are all taking root... Remember Possitive Thinking!!!

420_0097.JPG

:woohoo:

Good choice on the oc+ thats why I subbed! I have one plant in oscmocote 14 14 14 in a organic supersoil with epsome salts.
its doing perfect so far.
004814.JPG

Good choice on the oc+ thats why I subbed! I have one plant in oscmocote 14 14 14 in a organic supersoil with epsome salts.
its doing perfect so far.

Thanks Buddy!! Your plant looks fantastic!! Very green!! This osmocote is some super sh*t. Yeah, I thought about it. It would be boring to do hydro. I have never done a hempe before and that would be exciting! It looks like I got some bad seeds. They are not germinating. I might have to do a one plant hempe with a bigger pot and use the other clones in my Air Pots. And let them compete with each other throughout the grow.

:thanks:

Hey gittergreen I was looking for your OC+ grow but I can't find it. Is it current now? Thanks. :high-five:

Sorry no journal on the oc yet! I ended my indoor journal a few days ago. I cant upload photos from my dial up connection any more since the site has changed. kinda Makes it difficult to do a proper journal with no photos lol. By the way, Im just using the plain oc on that plant I cant find the oc+ on the east coast. I will probably start a journal in a couple of weeks with a weekly update care of mcdumpsters free high speed connection. I will be sure to let you guys know when its up!

Back
Top Bottom