COCO DTW Multi-Feed White Widow GH Maxi CFL

I just checked the NPK ratios on my Grow/Bloom nutes.

MaxiGro : 10-5-14
MaxiBloom : 5-15-14

Mixing the two 50/50 together gives... 7.5-10-14

I'm quite happy with that ;-)

It's not like the Earthjuice products I used in the past... switching to Bloom cause a major N deficiency...
EJ Grow 2-1-1 / EJ Bloom 0-3-1

PW, do you think I'd be good with Cannazym ? That's what I can get nearby, for 45$/1L.

I just had to add a little H2O2 in my Rez cause after 2 days, PH starts climbing.

If I can mix 50ml of Cannazym in a fresh Rez and go thru the week without PH adjustments, that would make me happy.
If it can't do that, or if I need to add Cannazym every 2 days, I might as well stay with H2O2 witch costs almost nothing...

Thanks,
BP

Good morning !

Today I'll need to do major work in my grow room. I'm running out of vertical space...
WW is becoming a monster. Stretching like never at day 16 since flip.

Update on my EC in/out...

1543584010945.png

Ec in/out got quite stable after making nute mix at 800ppm.

Since I treated the rez with a little H2O2... EC out is climbing. There's probably a relation. Maybe H2O2 is dissolving old decaying things in the media or something and contributing to higher ppm ?

I'll let things go for a few waterings, If the in/out differential wants to climb in goes to 300-400 range again...
BP

P.S.: At 12h00 EC out is now : 1050...

Ok, they are not touching the leaves right?

I try to keep the lights within 1 to 2 inches from the tops.

Sometimes some leaf-tips are touching a light for some period of time, but it's rarely enough to burn.
I've had one tip burn on this grow...

BP

Enzymes...

I'm going to buy this on Monday...

1543756131355.png

There's a hydro shop nearby that sells that for 38$.

It's supposed to be used with RO water... but if I bubble my tap water before, it should be ok I guess.
Some growers use it like that and say its fine.

I found that when I used H2O2 in my rez, to keep bacteria at bay... it had ill effects on my roots.
After adding H2O2, my runoff EC was climbing, suggesting the roots couldn't process as much nutrients anymore.
After a mini-flush and a new Rez, things gradually go back to normal and WW takes more and more PPMs.

I wont be feeding any more H2O2, and I'll try Hygrozyme. I hope it keeps bacteria at bay and makes the plant happy.

Thanks Pennywise for suggesting Enzymes, I didn't even know it existed.

BP

I never tracked runoff, it was like chasing ghosts.
High ppm in coco coir is something I could not change, and It don't seem to matter. After awhile, I just stopped checking it. Didn't seem to matter . you got em looking very healthy.
Enzymes : Expensive in Canada... 1L bottle would last probably 8-10 weeks.

Cannazym 1L : 43$
SensiZym 1L : 45$
Grozyme (hygrozyme) 1L : 42$
Flying skull Z7 (Z9 in Canada) 1L : 140$+

Cannazym : Ok with tap-water
SensiSym : unknown
hygrozyme : reverse osmosis or filtered water
Z9 : too expensive

BP
I buy the 8 oz. bottles and they last about 6 months, 24$ in Ma., USA.

I use enzymes even though I'm in soil. They're supposed to help break down the nutrients into plant/microbe usable form?? I use SLF-100, which claims to be organic. It's a little expensive at $40/L, although I just saw it on sale for $23. That'll last two, maybe three grows.

Thanks MF, PW and Slowpuffer,

Do you use RO ? Do you know if your enzymes contribute to stabilize PH and kill bacteria in your reservoir (if you use one) ?

Reservoir temperature ? My whole room is at 25C (77F) and the rez must be at the same temp. Its a bit high. Rez would be stable longer if temp was lower... but I have no solution for that. Wont play with ice bottles and will not buy a water cooling system.

I'm not sure if I'll buy enzymes yet. On the fence about that. The one i'd be confident to get is Flyng Skull Z7 (Z9 in Canada)... but its 60+$ for 230ml (8oz).

The last Rez I made was 12L (3gal), and it lasts about 2.5 days and the PH stays quite stable (no bacteria) for this period.
Considering my nutes (powdered GH Maxi) cost about nothing, I dont mind wasting a bit of that, and I dont mind making a new rez every 2-3 days... Not sure I want to spend $$ so I can "maybe" make a bigger rez that'd last longer. Meh.

As to whether enzymes would make my plant happier, better, bigger, stronger, tastier...
I've never seen a more healthy plant than this one, yet. So I'm a bit skeptical that she could be so much better in any way.

Dont forget I'm growing on CFLs... there's a limit to the size of plant I can grow !

Z7 will help stabilize your Rez but yes it is pricey, a cost/benefit analysis is in order.
I buy it on the river in Ma., U.S.A., for 23$$ for 8 ozs.. At 0.5ml per gal, you do the math., I mean, probably will last 6 months or so. 8 ozs. will make about 480 gl.. Slime will not develop in your reservoirs . I got same problem you got in my aero cloner, and I'm finding that clones will grow roots, even if the temp gets up to 80f, as long as there's no slime, they smother in the slime. I love z7 !! Maybe they'll send me a case !! Ha !!

I buy it on the river in Ma., U.S.A., for 23$$ for 8 ozs.. At 0.5ml per gal, you do the math.

Lucky you !
Canadian maths are different : In Canada it sells for 60$ + taxes = 69$. It's just ridiculous.

I prefer to save that money towards buying, eventually, a nice LED panel. CFLs grow fine, but one has to mess with the height everyday, and the light penetration is not so great. ;-(

BP

In Canada it's called Z9 for some reason and it is expensive there.

Must be some exclusive distribution deals... one cannot enter the US (or buy direct), buy a truckload of Z7, pay the duties and taxes, and sell that in Canada at a reasonable price. Noooo. A re-branding ensures that a Canadian specific product can be sold 3x the price, and all intermediaries make a ton of cash.

We get f±@3£d here all the time. Bombardier manufactures snowmobiles (skidoo) here in Canada. The retail price in the USA is lower (even with transport, money exchange, etc). Some Canadians cross the border and buy a snowmobile made at home and then exported to the US.

Free trade ain't free. And it is clearly not to the Canuk advantage.

Back
Top Bottom