Greenvein's Runtz In Coco DTW - Build To Cure 4x4

I have'nt grown Runtz yet but from what I've read she's a little finicky to keep happy. Been looking at White Fire OG and Runtz actually for next run. I don't want to have hiatus but life always gets in the way.
I was looking for a challenging strain for my comming up journal, and I'm really playing with the idea about piking up some Runtz seeds in order to grow this tricky one on HPA and put my system on trial 😁

PhotoRoom-20230603_081704~2.png

Day 45 Flower
Greenvein's Runtz
Mars Hydro FC-E6500

Helloooo 420! My mood has finally lifted, all my toys are picked up and the show must go on. Last week's news was a real kick in the nuts but I learnt a big lesson!
For the last two weeks I have been chasing my tail about pH as my plants stopped drinking and I couldn't find a reason why but now we know.. running fully synthetic I should be monitoring my PH and EC in then only my EC out.
Now that I found my real cause I was disheartened and a day away from chopping and starting fresh. A close buddy of mine pulled out some secret stuff lol optic foliar switch which is some kid of hormone block. I don't really like spraying my plants with anything but what did I have to loose? He said blast em, ripen them & worst case we'll make a solid batch of oil so here it goes!
Two days ago I sprayed both my tents with optic foliar switch with little hope but yesterday my pots were bone dry again which was unusual so maybe something is happening 🤞 I fed my plants straight away at 6.2PH & 1.9EC and kept my drippers flowing untill my run off EC was 2.2.

PXL_20230803_202434930.jpg

My plans moving forward are to start fertigating more frequently (daily) & whilst I do this semi manually I'm going to familiarise myself with my relay timer so hopefully the last week or so I can try feeding multiple times a day ready for the next round.

This plant is so beautiful I can't deny it that! Also I'd like to add that I don't want anyone blaming breeders or genetics for the herm as I recently found some pin holes in my tent. Although in a dark room light does get under the door in the morning way before lights on and at night whist I have been :bongrip: I have left the room lights on.. my cheese tent closest to the door has had no issues but can't be sure.

Lastly some photos.. Lights out 🥷

PXL_20230804_230006008.jpg
PXL_20230804_225958591.jpg
PXL_20230804_225952931.jpg

✌️💚
@Greenvein, you've done such a great masterpiece raising this ladies so please don't blame yourself for some mistakes you've done. It's all about the experience we gather and I would like to say, as a guy keeping track of your project, thanks a lot for sharing everything without filtering information. As I'm thinking of setting on a journal for my next grow, I thought many times if I should register the mistakes I'll be doing. Now I get it that this is one of the most important parts for the people watching the threads: learning of the good things but also of the bad things that happens during a grow session. I've got my respect, dude! Way to go!

I was looking for a challenging strain for my comming up journal, and I'm really playing with the idea about piking up some Runtz seeds in order to grow this tricky one on HPA and put my system on trial 😁
If you have any questions or experience any problems don't be afraid to ask. My HPA system is currently in storage but when I have a better location she will be put to use again.
IMG_20210407_011353659.jpg

IMG_20210130_154337280.jpg

IMG_20210125_161113306.jpg

IMG_20210301_155141940.jpg

HID grow.

I have'nt grown Runtz yet but from what I've read she's a little finicky to keep happy. Been looking at White Fire OG and Runtz actually for next run. I don't want to have hiatus but life always gets in the way.
Yeah I herd it was a finicky strain apart from the slow in uptake she looked super happy the whole while.. im most likely going to have a few spare seeds now lol so I will journal round 2 with runtz but won't be putting all my eggs on one basket this time 🤣 yeah I get it bro I'll be loosing a month doing seed to harvest for mars hydro but super greatfull for my light 👌

@LukeHighWalker thanks bro appreciate it 👊 my lack of care could be the cause bro I could be better but I'm forever switching things up then forgetting where I'm at.. I'm out a good 60hrs a week for work then family so easy to get lazy but a good kick in the nuts will soon set us straight 🤣 I'll get my pin holes taped up and go again no bother.. I'll always journal my mistakes even if I can't come back from them it's all part of growing and journaling.
Can't wait for yours to get going 👌

Thanks for your time bros 🤙

If you have any questions or experience any problems don't be afraid to ask. My HPA system is currently in storage but when I have a better location she will be put to use again.

HID grow.

Your loaded with good equipment Wastei 🤣 I think I'm heading down the same path within a year LOL 🤣.. I see your led driver now 👌
I have most of my RDWC stuff ready bro just need some new seals on the pipes as they are perished 😬 I found what looks like a toilet cistern that has a pipe with jets in it.. what do you think about using these jets to oxygenate the water? I'll have this inside the tent circulating then a Res outside the tent feeding the inner Res.

Screenshot_20230804-132536.png

Your loaded with good equipment Wastei 🤣 I think I'm heading down the same path within a year LOL 🤣.. I see your led driver now 👌
I have most of my RDWC stuff ready bro just need some new seals on the pipes as they are perished 😬 I found what looks like a toilet cistern that has a pipe with jets in it.. what do you think about using these jets to oxygenate the water? I'll have this inside the tent circulating then a Res outside the tent feeding the inner Res.

Screenshot_20230804-132536.png
Is that an Aero root chamber? Do you know the specs of the jets or do you have any way of testing them? Hmm see if I understand this correctly? So water gets pumped from the res outside of the tent to the reservoir inside 5o the spray jet heads that sprays downward in the root chambers creating a waterfall with oxygen that overfills and get returned to the reservoir outside?

Am I even close or completely off lol? 🤣

Bro I have no clue 🤣 I just new alot of growers over here and when they fled they dumped all their stuff on me like houses houses worth.. most I sold but still finding bits.. so your guess far better then mine.. looks like it has two floats inside to stop water feeds.. and a larger hole like 43mm which is the same size as the DWC drain. I haven't pulle it out but will this week.

So my external Res gravity feeds the internal Res controlled by the float.. internal Res has two submersible pumps one circulating to jets (oxygenating) the other circulating to plants. Internal Res will also be chilled.

Completely barmy or worth a shot? Lol

HID grow.
Yo @Wastei , nice setup! I believe I'll be very glad to have your opinion as soon as I start with my documentary 😁👍 thanks bro! My plan ist to finish my actual project and start the journal around my setup and the experience which led myself to my actual set up. At the end of the year I'll be off for a long vacation and will start with the grow pretty soon on January. So, hope to have you onboard when I get started. The other guys which encouraged me to start the journal as well, of course 😁

Day 52 Flower
Greenvein's Runtz
Mars Hydro FC-E6500
Hey growfam, It's the weekend & I'm back! 😎 it been a week since my last update where I was going to spray my preggers ladies with optic foliar switch.. I thought I had updated since but obviously not.. so last week I mixed as directed and sprayed with a little time before lights out to prevent them getting burnt but it didn't work lol none of it did. As the days went by I notice my plants showing burn signs from the spray, seed and nanner production continued.. almost a week on I'm not sure if it's further burn damage or light bleaching but theirs definitely some buds tuning white so I doubt I will be using this stuff again.. it will be a plucking game if I see nanners and I'll have my eyes peeled for sure!
So today I got my scope out and notice my trichomes are just starting to go amber on my buds so will be feeding plain tap water for the next week no pH or anything then for the last water it will get a solid flush of RODI H202 & CMAG that's just for my Coco purposes to help me get ready to re use but Im also hoping a few of these seeds ripen enough too but next Saturday is chop day no matter what that will be near 9 weeks..
The seed bank recommended 8 to 9 weeks which looks very accurate to me.

Anyways check these pictures out I have been watering these plants with the run off from my other tent no care not sure if any run off they still look so happy praying lol 😂 and the colours their putting out looks beautiful 👌 hopefully you can see it.

Lest start with the praying mantis
PXL_20230812_111253074.jpg
PXL_20230812_111304894.jpg
PXL_20230812_111549811.jpg

Now some frost

PXL_20230812_111512414.jpg
PXL_20230812_111527366.jpg

Now some colorful fade

PXL_20230812_111620408.jpg
PXL_20230812_111626797.jpg

So one more update next week on Chop day then again two weeks later after drying were almost done.. I'm still deciding on my next run as this one hermied it's kinda put a spanner in my plans mentally but looking back I may just run the same again in smaller pots as a pheno hunt then run clones so theirs no guess work.. as for my lights looking back to a week before my first nana sighting my lights was at a whopping 950ppfd! And i also began playing about with my pH when plants were happy so as every single plant is showing naners it's definitely one of these two stresses.. something that hit them all. so if I get a decent seed I'll be Sure to flip earlier and dial these in more sooner when I run this pheno again.

Also looking back @Preston9mm apologies my brother I only just see I missed your post! My bad bro thanks for stopping by 👊

Peace & love growfam ✌️

Hi Greenvein :)

Beautiful growing there! I’m not sure how I missed your grow show but I did! You have a great journal style :)
Thanks Trala 🙏 means alot coming from someone as artistic as yourself 😁 I know.. it's because theirs so much to keep up with Around here! I struggle myself 🤣 you still made it though lol so thanks for stopping by & hope your well 🙏✌️

Nanners or not that will still be some potent good smoke! Happy you didn't gave up on her! What's up next @Greenvein ? Cheers! :volcano-smiley:
Thanks brother I hope so! I have my mars hydro run next. Don't want to end up in the same situation as I did this run so I will pheno hunt hunt some soulfire grub.. three strains, three seeds each & keep a mother of my faverote. Coco in 1gal pots this time.

Hopefully few weeks after I will get my RDWC ready in my 3x3 and journal that too 🤞

Thanks brother I hope so! I have my mars hydro run next. Don't want to end up in the same situation as I did this run so I will pheno hunt hunt some soulfire grub.. three strains, three seeds each & keep a mother of my faverote. Coco in 1gal pots this time.

Hopefully few weeks after I will get my RDWC ready in my 3x3 and journal that too 🤞
Man with a plan! That's awesome! Looking forward to following along! :peacetwo:

Day 62 Flower
Greenvein's Runtz
Mars Hydro FC-E6500

Heeeeey yooooouuu guuuuuuuys! Today would be day 62 if they was still standing but they finally got the ✂️✂️. For the past week my plants have only received tap water from a hose pipe every couple of days with a little run off. My tap water is usually around 0.8EC & 7PH

Some not so great last photos taken a day before snip.. apologies for the quality as it was a rush! Sunday 20th lights went out out

PXL_20230820_154634277.jpg
PXL_20230820_154641062.MP.jpg
PXL_20230820_154848692.jpg
PXL_20230820_154854480.jpg
PXL_20230820_154904492.jpg
PXL_20230820_154918986.jpg

I don't usually care for days of darkness but they was cooked and I wanted the soil to dry out a bit more.. I also had no time to chop and hang so I just unplugged the light for the next day.
Monday 21st still with zero time I hung a load of ratchet straps and cut my plants at the lowest branch to hang whole. Once all my plants was hung I removed the pots and started plucking all the big leaves well let's say majority as my back was saying roll one 🤣
After plucking I placed a small fan at the bottom and top of my tent (below/above plants) pointing in the same direction circulating air on the lowest setting. I also turned me extractor down to a minimum to help keep my RH up. Finally my humidifier was installed and set to 58Rh so this will kick in at 57RH and as it's so powerful it shuts off at 58RH but humidity will continue to rise to 62RH then slowly decline. This is how I've always done it but my temps are a bit higher then usual this time of year so I hope I still get a 10 day dry 🤞🤞

PXL_20230821_212457222.jpg
PXL_20230821_212511583.jpg
PXL_20230821_213644649.jpg

Finally once this was set all my pots was emptied into a big container ready to re use.. I removed as much roots as possible and once reported I will wash with H202 and bugger with calmag.. I only took one root picture but most of them was ripped apart and again rushing. I won't plant untill I see my Coco's pH is back to neutral and if that takes too long I'll bin it lol.

Hope your all good! See you in 10 days
Peace up A-Town down 🤣✌️

Oh yes, one must have forgotten to upload his soil and root photos. Apologies my friends one puff of this here pipe and I can get quite lost in another dimension.

Screenshot_20230822-224716~2.png
PXL_20230821_221737881.jpg
PXL_20230821_230320657.jpg

Toddle pip

Day 62 Flower
Greenvein's Runtz
Mars Hydro FC-E6500

Heeeeey yooooouuu guuuuuuuys! Today would be day 62 if they was still standing but they finally got the ✂️✂️. For the past week my plants have only received tap water from a hose pipe every couple of days with a little run off. My tap water is usually around 0.8EC & 7PH

Some not so great last photos taken a day before snip.. apologies for the quality as it was a rush! Sunday 20th lights went out out

PXL_20230820_154634277.jpg
PXL_20230820_154641062.MP.jpg
PXL_20230820_154848692.jpg
PXL_20230820_154854480.jpg
PXL_20230820_154904492.jpg
PXL_20230820_154918986.jpg

I don't usually care for days of darkness but they was cooked and I wanted the soil to dry out a bit more.. I also had no time to chop and hang so I just unplugged the light for the next day.
Monday 21st still with zero time I hung a load of ratchet straps and cut my plants at the lowest branch to hang whole. Once all my plants was hung I removed the pots and started plucking all the big leaves well let's say majority as my back was saying roll one 🤣
After plucking I placed a small fan at the bottom and top of my tent (below/above plants) pointing in the same direction circulating air on the lowest setting. I also turned me extractor down to a minimum to help keep my RH up. Finally my humidifier was installed and set to 58Rh so this will kick in at 57RH and as it's so powerful it shuts off at 58RH but humidity will continue to rise to 62RH then slowly decline. This is how I've always done it but my temps are a bit higher then usual this time of year so I hope I still get a 10 day dry 🤞🤞

PXL_20230821_212457222.jpg
PXL_20230821_212511583.jpg
PXL_20230821_213644649.jpg

Finally once this was set all my pots was emptied into a big container ready to re use.. I removed as much roots as possible and once reported I will wash with H202 and bugger with calmag.. I only took one root picture but most of them was ripped apart and again rushing. I won't plant untill I see my Coco's pH is back to neutral and if that takes too long I'll bin it lol.

Hope your all good! See you in 10 days
Peace up A-Town down 🤣✌️
How did I miss this?! Congratz on the harvest! Looking forward to smoke report!

Keep it up! :peacetwo:

Congratulations on the harvest!

I think they’re great pics :)

Thanks Tra la la, I'm always in a rush these days so not getting to appreciate anything. I'll be back soon! Nug of the month 🤞😂
How did I miss this?! Congratz on the harvest! Looking forward to smoke report!

Keep it up! :peacetwo:

Thanks bro as am i! 🤣 smells so good. Something for you and possibly @NickHardy recently been smoking on the old UK cheese (skunk 1/exo) original cut.. he's a og trim for him and his buddies.

PXL_20230824_193919238.jpg

I have my clones coming soon.. just hope I can keep the smell out because it's super loud!

Also my neglected Buddha cheese finishing up now.

PXL_20230824_194441014.jpg
PXL_20230824_194431029.jpg
PXL_20230824_194357919.jpg
PXL_20230824_194407415.jpg

About a week left then snip.. ✂️✂️

Back
Top Bottom