To Build Or Not To Build

They're healthy lookin. Nice work. Can u take some close ups of the supercroped stems?

I'll take some in the morning. Here are two of my outdoor plants. One I supercropped and one I did some mild training.

Supercropped

outdoor_week_6e.jpg

Trained

outdoor_week_6f_xmasstrees_2.jpg

outdoor_week_63.jpg

Zoiks!
I put my indoor plants outside for a few hours Sunday and it ended up being close to 100 f. I was out longer than expected. Two of them were a little droopy even after a good watering in the morning. I went to water them indoors today and the same two have several leaves with browning edgedes. It's 105 f today so my 4x4 room being in my garage was also in the mid to upper 90's. I have no AC in the garage so should I just move the light up till the heat subsides? It's suppose to be hot for the next few days. Should I leave the browning leaves on the plant?

Moving ur light up may help somewhat, but the ambient temp should be ur main concern. Get fans goin to keep the air moving and if u can afford it, buy a small ac unit. Heat is the reason many indoor growers don't grow in the summer. Cannabis is a hardy plant. Ur plants may be stunted but if the roots didn't cook in the sun they should live. Now if u have black pots, didn't cover them, and left them in that kinda sunshine u may have cooked the roots because that pot will get hotter than the ambient temp. Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Moving ur light up may help somewhat, but the ambient temp should be ur main concern. Get fans goin to keep the air moving and if u can afford it, buy a small ac unit. Heat is the reason many indoor growers don't grow in the summer. Cannabis is a hardy plant. Ur plants may be stunted but if the roots didn't cook in the sun they should live. Now if u have black pots, didn't cover them, and left them in that kinda sunshine u may have cooked the roots because that pot will get hotter than the ambient temp. Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Heres some pics of the burned plants. I also tried to take some pics of the supercropped stems.

Burned_1.jpg

Burned_2.jpg

Burned_3.jpg

Supercrop Stem

Super_1.jpg

Super Top

super_2.jpg

I can visably see the tricomes on the larger leaves turning amber, the shaded areas still look very white. I plan to pick up a strong mag glass this weekend.

I think I got the Whitefly problem under controll. I need to cover my screen up w/ som panty hose to keep the mites out. Will spraying the room directly when the lights are off work? I was going to buy something strong over the counter so it kills every bug in the room.

Temps are suppose to drop so I hope the flowers recover. I'll give them some tea tomorrow and see what they do. if I dont see any new hairs popping up I'll flush the one plant and dry it. It looks like I should get 1 1/2 to 2 oz off it. I had a few plants I left in direct sun this whole season and they handled the heat fine. My indoor had the most problems. Fist the heat then the critters.
The trichomes on the buds should be the ones ur focused on. W/out magnification I don't think u can see the details of a trichome (I could be wrong). The pyrithium bomb will take care of everything in the room. The Hot Shot No Pest Strips are supposed to work as well, only downside is that its not recommended for use in a space that u plan on occupying for more that 4 hours at a time. The 2 products use different active ingredients. Do a little research, its a little too late to spray I think (w/out further complicating things. Hope this helps.

It's suppost to cool down this weekend so I'll take um outside and blast them with hot shot. I pulled some leaves and had web and eggs everywhere.

I watered my outdoors this morning and spilled some sweet on me and brushed up against a few plants. Even after a good washing I smell like sweet buds. My co-worker got a wiff and said DUDE! I had to play stupid.

Wait. The hot shot i was speaking of was a plastic encased chemically treated strip that hangs up in the room and gives off a gas (i'm assuming) that's toxic and will kill all flying and crawling insects in the room. never used one , but read a lot about them, good and bad. I try to keep one on deck for emergencies. I lost a big crop to mites b4. Never again. I don't know about the hot shot sprays. U may wanna ask around about that b4 u use it.

I hit them w/ a huge misting of water today hopeing the mites will pop. The humidity was really high in the room when I left. The room is in my garage so I can hang some hot shot strips no prob. I'm going back to the hydro store to ask them what I should use. They gave me some Safer for the outdoor Whiteflys and it seems to have worked. The plant I was questioning pulling early sprouted new white hairs today so I'm just going to let it go and flush when the tricomes are clouding.

This Mite and heat problem set me back a week or two because they slowed their growing pace down. I still don't want to flower untill they are at least 24" tall.

Use the pest strips. I asked people at 2 hydro stores and they didn't know what I was talkin about. However one lady knew of the active ingredient which is toxic. This is y the manufacturer suggests not using in living spaces. The garage should be fine. And u'll probably only need to use one at a time. Got mine for like $10 USD at a drug store, haven't used it yet. I actually learned about them googling trying to get rid of mites. Good luck. I wouldn't spray if it can be avoided. Ur plants, ur call. I'm sure some1 will come with a different opinion. Just weigh ur option. Just know these things can take over a garden in like 2-3 weeks if left unchecked(depending upon how bad they are). Also raising the humidity slows their reproductive cycle. Beware this is when I began to really deal with PM.

Last night I hit them with water and a flower combo spray that kills insects, fungus and mold. I removed all of the yellowing leaves and most were covered in eggs. I also sprayed around the whole room. I'll add some strips to combat future pests. They looked ok this morning and I should be able to see how they react in a few days.
I noticed when I was moving the plants around two of them didn't feel very stable. They look good but they kind of flop around in the pot. One of my best looking outdoor plants does this as well. The stems in the indoor are around 3/8" in diameter and the outdoor 1/2"+. The soil is pretty light and airy. Should I be concerned?

Is that soil wet or dry (that the floppy plants are in)? On the floppy ones how do the leaves look? How long just since yesterday? My 1st thought is that it sounds like they need water.

Thay are floppy almost like the roots never locked in. My other plants stand firm and tall. If I tilt these other plants they just fall a bit to the side I tilt them to.

kinda sounds like dampning off. What do the stems look like around the soil line? What color are the stems on the floppy plants. I haven't dealt with anything like this personally. From the syptoms U described it sounds like it could be damping off. Can u take a close up of the lower stems on the sick ones? I'll keep tryin to help u figure it out til some1 who knows better than I comes along.

Alright, I guess I over did it. This morning quite a few of my leaves and worse my tops were crispy. I tink its from over spraying chem burn or over watering. I'm going to have to cut 30% of the tops on some plants. If they dont recover in 2 weeks I'm just going to put them in the green house and start fresh. Next time I'll use the strips from day one.

What do the stems look like around the soil line? What color are the stems on the floppy plants. QUOTE]

They are more brown like a tree trunk. I think it's how the clones roots take. Clones dont have a tap root so the main stem acts as one. If you dont give the clone enough main stem to work with it stays inside the plug and you get the wobbles. Thats my theory.

Help!
After I oversprayed my plants with insecticide it hit over 110 that same day in my room. It was in the 100 + range for 1 1/2 weeks. My once beautiful plants are now very burnt. I lost a large amount of new shoots and tops to the heat. Should I cut them back and remove all of the burnt tips or let them grow out? This is one of the better ones. Some the entire tip is dry and all new growth is dry.
What should I do?

15101.jpg

Yeah, that looks similar to the damage to my plants from the recent heat wave in Cali.

I trimmed most of the crispy and dry leaves off of mine and they responded OK.

You might want to wait a few days because the tops have a very high metabolic rate and might recover somewhat.

Sucks when our babies get damaged. You have my sympathies, but hang in there. These weeds recover from all sorts of injuries and still produce buds.

Ya mine grew into lights while i was gone for a week and burnt whole side branches off....and 3 smaller ones ended up taking their place...acted like i toped the side branches....but made it no problem....Just sprayed it and next day removed all damed area, and gave good watering. Good job before mishap...but should be fine

Alot of the tops were completely fried but so were the nodes below them. I don't know where I would top them if I had to. I'll have to wait a few weeks to see what thaey do. I was about a week from flowering them. I might have to finish indoors now but I'll wait and see. I might put them out in two weeks and just see what happens. I have a friend closer to the beach that does an outdoor crop every 10 weeks all year. He veges indoors and flowers out. He doesn't get the volume in the winter months but gets really tight strong buds. He likes his winter smoke better.

New growth is coming. I typically cut/pull leaves that are more that half dead (unless infested w/pests). The leaves that are totally crispy or half crispy can be removed. U spray with the lights on? Those few hot days got the best of many of us. Ur description sounds worse than the pic. I'm sure ur plant will be good. These are truly tough plants.

Back
Top Bottom