To Build Or Not To Build

You can try but the cuttings and plant will both be further stressed from it. Remember the cutting will have little ability to get water, nutrients, and to make food so it is important that they be as healthy as possible when first cut. If you have no other choice and are going to toss these plants, it may be worth a shot. If you were in California, I would be tempted to just start over with some healthy, rooted clones.

Edit: you are in So Cal. Do you have a doctor's recommendation for marijuana? Clones can be had for as low as $10.

The tops and upper nodes of the plants are recovering nicely and will be fine. The under growth branches in most cases would be removed any ways because they never get enough light and to direct the hormones to the tops of the plant. And yes I have my recommendation.

Heres a pic from the top of the plants.

Indoor_11.jpg

15101.jpg

Oh, those pics help a lot. I would personally let them grow out until I saw a few new healthy nodes growing on a stem before taking cuttings. They are coming around most definitely.

I too think they're going to recover well.

Mine got burned bad with that heat wave and all the new growth since looks really good.

They're losing all the foliage that got burned, so I'm not freaking out too much about how the older growth looks. If I didn't know their history of getting burned, I would be much more concerned.

Check out the last pic I posted of my boys behind the shed. That's how well they've recovered, and that might give you some peace of mind.

I told u they'd bounce back. I agree with munki. Let them get as healthy as possible. Then take ur cuts from the tops. I know they say ur supposed to get them from the bottom. I take em from all over with no problem. Another thing. Clean ur dead foliage. Pick it off, an dried up or dead foliage pick it off if its more than half dead. Way to hang in there with ur grow. Nice recovery.

Computers been down for a few days. They are getting more and more new shoots every day. I've been putting them outside 2x a week and pulling off damaged leaves. I still plan on putting them out side in one more week. Were suppose to be in the 100's again all week so as soon as we cool down I'll put them out. I'll start taking cuttings during the week and see what happens. They are almost all 2ft and some are reaching the 30" mark. Next time I'll limit the pinching and supercropping and go for height first. My outdoor plants I did the least amount to are the tallest and have the biggest colas. In the long run I'll probably end up with close to the same weight when all finished.
Hopefully I worked out all of the kinks and will be ready to rock on the next grow wich will be all indoor.
I'll post pics this weekend after they move to their new home....

Computers been down for a few days. They are getting more and more new shoots every day. I've been putting them outside 2x a week and pulling off damaged leaves. I still plan on putting them out side in one more week. Were suppose to be in the 100's again all week so as soon as we cool down I'll put them out. I'll start taking cuttings during the week and see what happens. They are almost all 2ft and some are reaching the 30" mark. Next time I'll limit the pinching and supercropping and go for height first. My outdoor plants I did the least amount to are the tallest and have the biggest colas. In the long run I'll probably end up with close to the same weight when all finished.
Hopefully I worked out all of the kinks and will be ready to rock on the next grow wich will be all indoor.
I'll post pics this weekend after they move to their new home....

Good to hear KatoRica. The Santa Ana Winds aren't supposed to last long and temps should normalize by the weekend.

How's the weather treating you now, KatoRica? Just about perfect growing conditions lately from my perspective.

Weather is getting better fo sho. I just made the move from indoor to out. I hope I have better luck with theese. I lost a few ozers from caterpillars. No I know to get a jump on em. The new ones have been out a week and haven't kicked in yet. We'll see how this ride goes soon. You can see some of my outdoor results here New clone outdoor grow
Heres some updated pics....

Right before the move
ID1.jpg

New Home
2A4.jpg

3A2.jpg

I like the floro fixture. Are u hardening ur plants off b4 switching to outdoor? If not do u feel that its necessary?

I'm not sure what you mean by hardening but I did put them outside a few times a week to get them used to it. Some have grown 4 to 6 inches since I put them out. I lost one of the really stressed out ones from the heat so I have 9 left. All are between 24 and 30 inches and 2ft + wide. I hope this one goes smoother. I'm hoping I don't have as many critters to deal with lower temps.

Hardening off is the gradual introduction of (typically) more intense light and environmental factors to plants that were previously under lower levels. Growers use this practice to transition plants from indoor to outdoor grows. For example B4 taking an indoor plant outside, I personally put the plants in a window for a few hours a day and back to artificial lights. After the 3rd or 4th day then leave them outside for a few hours and return plant to the window or artificial lights. Its not a good idea to bring plants in from outside because of the risk of pest and disease exposure. This is what I have done b4 and my opinion.

Hardening off is the gradual introduction of (typically) more intense light and environmental factors to plants that were previously under lower levels. Growers use this practice to transition plants from indoor to outdoor grows. For example B4 taking an indoor plant outside, I personally put the plants in a window for a few hours a day and back to artificial lights. After the 3rd or 4th day then leave them outside for a few hours and return plant to the window or artificial lights. Its not a good idea to bring plants in from outside because of the risk of pest and disease exposure. This is what I have done b4 and my opinion.

I did something similar to that. Putting them in a window sounds like a better idea. I think I did trnsfer in some uninvited guest. It's amazing how much faster they are growing now. I don't know if it's the cooler temps or the light. They are just starting to flip and some are hitting the 3 ft mark. They will probably finish over 4 ft. My other flowering plants still in the green house are starting to throw out alot more flower and less leaf I guess that this is due to the change in the natural light spectrum. My earlier finishers were a little more leafy.
I flushed the transitioning plants and havent fed them with bloom nutes yet. I was letting them deal with the stress of the move first. I'm going to use 1/2 the nutes I used last time and I'll stick with Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom, Cal Mag and Nevana. I'll use Gravity and Purple Max and sweet the last three weeks.

Try some vitamin B1 to help with the stress of transition. I normally use whenever I think the plants are or will be stressed. Just a thought. The plants that have been outside shouldn't be brought around (I wouldn't want them in the room) healthy indoor plants. Also its a good idea to change clothes after coming indoors from ur outdoor grow so nothing is transported on your clothes. That goes for any pet interaction as well.

The only issue I see is that the glass from the window would absorb UV. I like to give the plants all the sun rays so maybe if the window is open but is screened would give the best hardening light. What do you think BWC?

Hardening off and UV rays

The only issue I see is that the glass from the window would absorb UV. I like to give the plants all the sun rays so maybe if the window is open but is screened would give the best hardening light. What do you think BWC?

That's kinda the point. Since the plants will only be in the window no more than 3-4 days. The next step is taking them outside and exposing to UV a few hours at a time. However I have seen someone take one of my clones and put it in the window for a few days and transplanted outdoors. I never saw the plant again but I was told that it thrived until law enforcement uprooted it. I don't believe all windows are treated to block UV rays Munki. I don't think older windows do this,then again I could be wrong. This isn't always necessary to take all of these steps. I'm sure there are others that do things differently. What I'm sharing is from my reading of Jorge Cervantes' MMJ Grower's bible, school, and discussion with others. I haven't had any problems from doing so, so I never saw a reason to deviate. Also with a closed window plants are still shielded from wind and pests. I try to introduce them to the new elements as close to one at a time as possible. 1st sunlight (in window sill), next wind/pests (outdoors a few hours a day), next cooler temps (leaving out overnight still in pot), and conclude with a transplant a couple days later.

Re: Hardening off and UV rays

That's kinda the point. Since the plants will only be in the window no more than 3-4 days. The next step is taking them outside and exposing to UV a few hours at a time. However I have seen someone take one of my clones and put it in the window for a few days and transplanted outdoors. I never saw the plant again but I was told that it thrived until law enforcement uprooted it. I don't believe all windows are treated to block UV rays Munki. I don't think older windows do this,then again I could be wrong. This isn't always necessary to take all of these steps. I'm sure there are others that do things differently. What I'm sharing is from my reading of Jorge Cervantes' MMJ Grower's bible, school, and discussion with others. I haven't had any problems from doing so, so I never saw a reason to deviate. Also with a closed window plants are still shielded from wind and pests. I try to introduce them to the new elements as close to one at a time as possible. 1st sunlight (in window sill), next wind/pests (outdoors a few hours a day), next cooler temps (leaving out overnight still in pot), and conclude with a transplant a couple days later.

If it works well then don't change it. It was from my reading when introducing UV in my grow that I realized that most glass filters the majority of UV. You need to get expensive quartz glass or some polycarbonates to allow most of the UV to pass.

These things are stretching like crazy, a few inches a day and starting to pre-flower. I gave them there first light feeding today (Tiger bloom, Big bloom and Ginormous)and I'll wait to see how they react. I still have three flowering plants in the greenhouse that should be finished in a week or so. I have two Skywalker Kush strains going on the 12th week of flower still growing and sprouting new hairs. The tris are still clear so I'm confused on when to pull them. I'll take some updated pics after their first full week outside.

Back
Top Bottom