Greenvein's Runtz In Coco DTW - Build To Cure 4x4

Hi and welcome to my grow journal No2. After completing my first successful grow there was a lot I had to learn and adapt to but all this led to me changing my growing style and actually enjoying the simplicity of the drain to waste system.

I own two tents a 3x3 and a 4x4 but in this journal I'm hoping to focus mostly on my 4x4 which I will be running runtz a freebie seed. My 3x3 will be running big Buddha cheese again to see if I can exceed my last grow which we might see little bits of but my main focus is the 4x4. In this grow I am aiming to highlight how to set up a simple drain to waste system, maximizing the potential of one seed, how to build and use a @lootznbootz ghetto cloner, a new nutrient line and of course all stages of plant growth.

The plan:
The grow itself will officially kick off near the end of April. We will be starting with getting the tent/equipment set up ready. I have already popped two seeds one of each strain which I will be taking clones from.. their will be a bit of a risk with the clones as I will be going away for up to two weeks! So the plan is to build and set my cloner ready for clones then the night before I leave I will cut 20 clones and place them in the cloner, I'm hoping on my return they will have rooted and be ready to be planted. Depending on the cloning results this will dictate when the grow officially starts 🤞🏽

A few more finer details:
The strain: Runtz
Breeder: Dr Ray
Flower time: 8-9 weeks
Genetics: indica/sativa
Thc content: over 20%
Yeild: high
Description: Dr Ray brings you his very own take on the popular Runtz strain. This evenly balanced hybrid has been obtained by crossing 2 of the most popular strains of recent years - Gelato and Zkittlez. Runtz has got a lot of attention for its incredibly fruity flavour profile as well as its extraordinary THC levels. This delicious strain named after an iconic candy will hit you with a strength of almost 30% THC, leaving you completely sedated and couch-locked. Runtz is a perfect strain for people suffering from insomnia, chronic stress, and anxiety!

runtz.jpg

Beds:
Canna Coco natural with 20% perlite
9 x 12L/3 gal air pots
1 x drain tray/table

New light:
Phlizon PH-B8-D 640w
Efficiency: up to 2.8 µmol/J
PPF: 1782µmol/s
Input Voltage: 100-277V
Actual Power Consumption: 640W±3%
Coverage Area: 5.5′x 5.5′— 6.5′x 6.5′
Lifetime: 50 000 Hrs
Driver: UL Listed Driver
Weight: 30.8 Lbs
Dimensions: 39.4" x 39.4" x 3.9"
Spectrum: Full Spectrum
Dimmable: OFF-20%-100% with 0-10V Light
Light Source:
1296pcs 3000K LEDs
576pcs 6500K LEDs
288pcs 660nm red LEDs

Irrigation:
RODI water (0 EC)
60L bin (reservoir)
Maxi-Jet 1000 Water Pump - 1000lph (feed)
Netbow Irrigation Dripper (halo)
Automatic Bilge Pump - 2000gph (waste)

Fertilizer:
Nano.10-9 Nutrients - Coco Base+ A+B, we reduced the amount of calcium salts and replaced them with a nano version of calcium. In the nano form, calcium is suspended rather than dissolved in your solution (water)

nano.10-9-nutrients-coco-base-a-b-size-10-litre-a-b-16242-p.png

Nano.10-9 Nutrients - Root, supplies nutritional elements and biostimulants beneficial for growth. The seaweed and micro-algae give numerous root enhancing benefits, such as providing over sixty macro, micro and trace elements.

nano.10-9-nutrients-root-16249-1-p.png

Nano.10-9 Nutrients - Flower Start, Give your plants a balanced ratio of phosphorus and potassium for an efficient transition to the flowering period. We included botanical ingredients to relieve stress during the switch from veg to flower

nano.10-9-nutrients-flower-start--size-500ml-16261-p.png

Nano.10-9 Nutrients - Flower Boost+ The period after the transition phase is when you will start to see flower production. Growth slows, and flowering sites begin to swell as they produce their fruits.

nano.10-9-nutrients-flower-boost--16265-p.png

Nano.10-9 Nutrients - Finisher+ nano.10⁻⁹ finisher⁺ incorporates a final P/K ratio, replicating a diminished soil. This pushes your plants to finish and release energy into oil production.

nano.10-9-nutrients-finisher--16273-p.png

Environment:
4x4ft tent.
6inch rvk extractor fan with carboair60 filter
Passive intake
2x 6inch fans circulating
1x 135w tube heater (in tent)
1x 1500w oil heater (lung room)
1x faran HR-15 humidifier
Looking into air conditioning.

Lastly I'd like to welcome anyone with any tips, advice or questions along the way, My mind is definitely always open! there will be many pictures and updates so hopefully we make it all the way to some beautiful bud!
@lootznbootz @GainesvilleGreen @GreenFingaz @DonChiefums20 @VetSmoke85 appreciated your support and good luck you brought to the table last round 🤣

✌🏽✌🏽

Oh yea! You know I’m pulling up my chair!
I can’t wait to see this play out
I know you’ve done all your prep work that much is obvious!
Tons of exciting things I haven’t seen here before!
1 question tho your going to start the grow with the clones you take after you get back?
What happens to the mothers during those 2 weeks?

I love the start so far this is going to be fun!

Oh yea! You know I’m pulling up my chair!
I can’t wait to see this play out
I know you’ve done all your prep work that much is obvious!
Tons of exciting things I haven’t seen here before!
1 question tho your going to start the grow with the clones you take after you get back?
What happens to the mothers during those 2 weeks?

I love the start so far this is going to be fun!
Pleasure my bro! in fact Ur my quality control on the cloner lol only part I'm nervous about..

As I will be setting a automatic watering system up later on I will probably use that to keep the mothers alive whilst I'm away, If I do mess up the clones and their no good when I'm back I'll have to start over 😬 just hope my runtz is ready in time I'll really have to push her. 👊🏽✌🏽

Sounds like a sweet setup mate. :cheer: I'm in.
Glad you could make it vet! Go Coco or go home 😂🤣 hope your new trick helps with your Rh bro I got my eye out for that update 👊🏽

Oh go on then.....

I feel like ill learn alot from you greenvein. Really want to keep a close eye and see how the whole coco buzz plays out too. So many opting for that set up over anything else it feels like. How come you decided on that over the good old fashioned soil approach bro?

Growing one of my old school faves there as well man it'd be rude not to!

TIA

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻

Welcome stonedcrumpet glad to have you on board! Theirs quite a bit we'll be learning together on this one lol.
When I done my first grow journal i picked up compost coir instead of soil so when the grow went south I realised my mistake and the only way to fix it was to grow like it was Coco. After a great finish I enjoyed how easy it was to fix any issues whilst still having a similar forgiveness like soil plus someone gave me these nutrients so here I am going to give pure Coco a try 🤞🏽

Welcome stonedcrumpet glad to have you on board! Theirs quite a bit we'll be learning together on this one lol.
When I done my first grow journal i picked up compost coir instead of soil so when the grow went south I realised my mistake and the only way to fix it was to grow like it was Coco. After a great finish I enjoyed how easy it was to fix any issues whilst still having a similar forgiveness like soil plus someone gave me these nutrients so here I am going to give pure Coco a try 🤞🏽
Lol learning is earning my friend. Good luck with everything ahead 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Handy to know dude. Luckily ive not come up against many issues this time around, maybe a few down the line I'll have a go at other potting methods. I'm currently plotting and planning my journal which will come in a few weeks. For sure I'll be keeping tabs and soaking up the knowledge as usual.

Keep doing it 💪🏻

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻

Evening grow family hope all is well. I have spent most of my weekend down the hospital with a friend, all is ok and well just ate the main time I had to make some changes and get the ball rolling..

I did manage to get a start on my cloner aka ghetto cloner, I don't think my baskets are as deep as @lootznbootz but hopefully do the job just as well.
So i bought two plastic containers one for the base and one for the lid, I put the two lids together to give it a bit of extra strength then tried to expanding foam them together but silly me used foam adhesive instead of expanding foam so it kind of went wrong lol 🤦🏽‍♂️. I cut holes in the lid to fit the baskets then sprayed it with some grey primer I have in abundance. Depending on what colour spray I have around I will get it sprayed up over the next two days so no light can get inside.

A few cloner build pics:
PXL_20230402_101115214~2.jpg
PXL_20230402_102014057.jpg
PXL_20230402_151306162.jpg
PXL_20230403_182828445.jpg

Lootz if you can see any flaws speak now 😂
Excited to get this finished and tested!

As for my 4x4 tent I have the runtz and cheese plants in there with a auto that seems to me growing very slow so trying not to disturb it too much but they had to be kicked out for 5 mins to see if my raised floor fits which it does.. I took my self to to the hardware store and got three lengths of 5by2 to use as beams supporting my tray/table. I will glue a 10mm spacers at the top end of each beam then a 5 mm in the near corner so the table drains to one corner where I will fit a drain hole. The floor is now raised 5 inches which means I have lost alot of head room and as I have a light that will fit corner to corner my fan/extractor will have to be mounted outside the tent to get that space back.

PXL_20230401_163543234~2.jpg
PXL_20230401_171444770~2.jpg
PXL_20230402_090214814.jpg
PXL_20230403_193258069.jpg
PXL_20230403_193621994.jpg
PXL_20230403_194305557.jpg

Now as you can see there is no way my little runtz plant is going to be ready by the time I go away, I worked out she will be just over 4 weeks old by the time I go away and I need a minimum of 10 clones from her. I could just take less clones and run it in my 3x3 buuuut I really want to journal something different to the last journal and see how my new lights do. As it's looking like I won't be taking clones untill I'm back I pulled a few of her big leaves and will have to up pot them both to keep them happy whilst I'm away. The cheese isn't happy with anything at the moment lol luckily I have left over soil so may aswell get it used up!

Again thanks for your time my brother's
Progress 😎✌🏽

Looking good on the cloner so far! Couple things I’d like to mention just in case…
  • Black it out. Your bottom bin should be black or darkened to block out any light. This will help avoid any algae growth or the water heating up which will aid in algae growth.
  • Airstones make sure you have enough air stones. I have them at multiple levels throughout my bucket. And one at the bottom of the netcup to ensure there’s some moisture being splashed up into the netcup and your plugs don’t dry out. Your bucket seems shallow enough so I think that shouldn’t be a problem. Just want to mention the more air bubbles the better.
Just realized you swapped it for the dark plastic one… 🤦🏽‍♂️ sorry long day

I love that false floor idea! I wonder if you could tuck some equipment under if need be for space.

The struggle of having clones ready when you want them 😂
That’s why I take a bunch at once I hate getting rid of plants but not as much as I hate an empty tent with downtime in between grows 😂

I think you got it bro you’ve definitely done your homework the plan is coming together

:headbanger:
:popcorn:
:passitleft:
Get it braddah :high-five:
Haven't been on much lately but can't miss this show homie.
Hope all is well bro.
Mr green returns! I hope you been enjoying that family time bro! Glad you made it 👊🏽✌🏽

Back
Top Bottom