To Build Or Not To Build

please take a look at my other post.

New clone outdoor grow

Look at the one I posted today. I posted first three weeks ago about two weeks after I started my first clones. I thought they would never take. I posted pics I took today of the same plants and even though they are small ( Kush 1 ft to 2 ft and my Trainwreck 3ft. They have really took off. I can't wait until next spring. I will put a few in the ground at 2ft tall at the end of April and get some monsters.
If I can get the ones I have under lights to be 2ft tall by early mid September I will put them in my greenhouse. If they lag I will flower them indoors. I was thinking of trying the 12/12 method from seed next with a good Kush, Bigbud, Sativ cross.
I will keep this post updated weekly to show progress. I plan to hit them with some neet this week but I don't see any evidence of mites yet.

Thanks for the replys, keep um comming.

Here are pics from day 11. I was gone for 4 days and they are finally starting to come out of transplant shock. They grew from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2" over the last few days.

I noticed some holes in the leafs in one of my plants any clues? The rest are starting to look healthy. Also in a small area like this shold I keep pinching them so they bush out or let them grow into a single kola?

1_bugs.jpg

2465.jpg

Indoor_week_2.jpg

Indoor_week_2_b.jpg

Indoor_week_2_c.jpg

Let the neem do its work. U should repeat the neem every 7-10 days for 3 applications. This is to give the eggs time to hatch. Neem doesn't kill on contact and doesn't kill eggs.It must be eaten. so basically u must spray to give the mites no choice but to eat it. try not to spray buds. I don't use (indoors) 4 weeks b4 harvest. hope this helps.

It shouldn't. I use neem products up to 4 weeks b4 harvest. Not a recommended practice. U should try to resolve all pest problems and/or deficiencies b4 sending plant to flower. But U should be cool. Plants can be more sensitive to light after being sprayed with neem. If u begin to see light burn just pull ur light up a few inches. Outdoor plants should be cool. My concern with spraying during flower is I don't want my bud smellin/tastin like neem. I also notice that neem seems to temporarily slow down resin production.

Near the end of week three. The plants are finally reverting back to veg and growing strong. I've been pinching them and trying to do some supercropping to keep them even. They are all single plants in 3.2 gal pots. Is there anything I should do or not do at this point? Do they seem to be on track? I plan on putting them outside in my greenhouse in three more weeks. I'm hoping they will all be at least two foot by then. They are all about 10" x10" now, getting nice and bushy. I've been misting them with neem oil mixed with tobaco hoping it will help with the critters later.

Here are some updated pics.

1675.jpg

3396.jpg

4323.jpg

5248.jpg

supercrop_1.jpg

supercrop_2.jpg

I found some mites on one of my outdoor plants as well. I sprayed them all w/ neem. What else should I use? My outdoors are in early flower. Insecticidle soap?

Since it appears that you are growing in soil, I would strongly suggest that you invest in a bag of diatomaceous earth and place a thin layer all around your plants (indoors and out). If you do, the majority of insects that crawl across it will soon die of dessication. Such a product can be found at many hydroponics stores, any gardening center worth the name, hardware stores that cater to (generic) growers, and for all I know even China*Mart (as they seem to carry earthworm castings).

I've been misting them with neem oil mixed with tobaco hoping it will help with the critters later.

My concern with using a product that contains tobacco it the same I have when I see someone smoking a cigarette and then handling their plants without washing their hands: MJ is, I believe, susceptible to the tobacco mosaic virus.

Also in a small area like this shold I keep pinching them so they bush out or let them grow into a single kola?

Well, if you are planning on moving them (or a number of them) to an area with more space, a strategy intended to promote branching would not be a bad idea. But I have always favored training - tying the tips of the plant so that they were the lowest part instead of the highest - over "pinching." Small experimentation with three pairs of clones that were treated as identically as possible gave me results of 11%, 11%, and 13% larger yield on the three plants that were not pinched. YMMV of course and I would assume that a properly done FIM (lol) would be closer to the trained results than the pinched ones since it simply fools the plant into "thinking" the tops were removed - and therefore causing it to redistribute the proportions of the relevant plant hormones while still allowing the tips to grow (kind of like the process of air layering/"cloning" only without exposing the inner layers of the stem to an environment that is intended to cause the tips to grow their own set of roots while still a part of the greater plant).

Plants are looking good. Check the one with the yellowing/browning on the lower leaves. Looks like ur LSTing the 1 i'm speaking of. It may be nothing but check just in case. If u plan on taking ur plants from flouros indoor to outdoor be sure to harden them off 1st. Hardening is a process of gradually acclimating a plant to a new environment to try to reduce transplant shock. If u have any further questions about hardening off just ask. Lookin good tho. Also, its lookin like u have a good grow goin y not start a grow journal? +reps. Nice work

Plants are looking good. Check the one with the yellowing/browning on the lower leaves. Looks like ur LSTing the 1 i'm speaking of. It may be nothing but check just in case. If u plan on taking ur plants from flouros indoor to outdoor be sure to harden them off 1st. Hardening is a process of gradually acclimating a plant to a new environment to try to reduce transplant shock. If u have any further questions about hardening off just ask. Lookin good tho. Also, its lookin like u have a good grow goin y not start a grow journal? +reps. Nice work

I think the lower yellow leaves are just older leaves stressed from the first transplant. I did have a little burning from the light being to close. I plan on continuing this post untill they finish. Should I move it into a journal folder?
Thanks for the replys, keep um comming
:grinjoint:

I think the lower yellow leaves are just older leaves stressed from the first transplant. I did have a little burning from the light being to close. I plan on continuing this post until they finish. Should I move it into a journal folder?
Thanks for the replies, keep um coming:grinjoint:

U could be right about the leaves or they may just be deprived of light and are just dying off. If u see this in all or the majority of them then its definitely something that most like will be able to be corrected.
About the journal I'll talk to a moderator I'm cool with and see if they can help u out. Keep posting those results and asking questions. I don't have all of the answers but between all of us that are involved u should be cool. I'm sure u have seen that we have different ways of doing things, so just go with what makes sense to u. Also (u probably do this already) research the subject as well as ask, that way u can tell who knows what their talking about. Good luck and keep the questions coming.

Ive been underwatering my plants so they were a little under fed. I took them outside for the first time today and gave them a thurough watering. I also tested the Ph and it's @ 6-6.5. They are alot bigger then I thought which is good. They are also alot darker than my greenhouse plants. why is that? I think they are on track to be at least 2 ft tall in 3 weeks.

a117.jpg

Mazar6.jpg

a213.jpg

They may be darker because the indoor lights are different than natural light. Sorry I don't have a more technical explanation. I do notice that outdoor buds are often lighter than the same strain grown indoors. U mentioned that u brought them outside for the 1st time today. How did u introduce them to the sunlight? Did u just take them from inside one day and place them outdoors? Were they outside or in the greenhouse? There is a process called hardening off used to reduce stress of introducing plants to different light. Sunlight is more intense. Plants are also hardened off when being moved from floros to HID lamps like when clones are 1st introduced to HID light. The dark color may be a strain specific characteristic. Worry when the start getting lighter/yellow. They look healthy to me. U also mentioned that u thoroughly watered them. Can u describe how and how much water? Tryna get as much info as possible to try and help get to that explosive growth stage healthy. Lookin good and ur now in the journals section so we should be seeing more comments and advice, but its best if u continue to keep us current with whats goin on with pics to continue to get feedback.

I dont have a runoff tray indoors so I put them outside in the afternoon for a few hours and gave them each 1/2 gal of fresh water and another 1/2 gal of nute mix 20 min later. They really pearked up and most of the pinched branches came back strong. My mix was the following:

FF Grow Big 6-4-4
FF Big Bloom .01-.3-.07
Nitrex 6-0-0
Cal-Mag
Sweet

The PH tested 6.5 pre watering and the same from the runoff. I checked them this morning and all of the plants have new healthy shoots and I had to move my lights up 2". My Mazar and Cheesewreck are about 1 1/2 weeks older so I'm having to pinch them more so the AK can catch up. They look like they are entering the blast off mode. They may hit 2 ft in another 2 weeks if not sooner. I will still hold off putting them outside untill the second week of September. Should I hit them with a week of 12-12 before I put them out? Should I let them finish in the 3.2 gal pots?

Anything else I should do to maximize my results?

I really went for some hard supercropping on these plants from the time they rooted. Now the plants are nice and wide some already getting that Bonzi look. I plan to let them stretch and then I will start to train them after they reach 2 to 2 1/2 ft. I would like them to finish at around 4ft. One thing I noticed is that my AK strains have yet to get any fan leaves over 5 blades. Should'nt I be getting 7 and 9 by now?

don't think u have to wait for ak to catch up. It will take off on its own. If ur really concerned about the AK make sure ur letting the soil dry out b4 watering again. AK branches (lots of side shoots) and grows tall. U can also check the root ball when soil is half wet half dry and look at the color of roots, white healthy, brown unhealthy. I just started supercropping and what i've realized is that the supercropped plants develop slower because they have to divert energy to repaired the damaged stem when it would ordinarily be used to promote growth. About the blades, as long as there's new growth the # should increase. If not something could be wrong. As far as transplanting (TPing), TP from 3.2 to at least a 5 gal if goin outdoors. I honestly don't know if u should start 12/12 indoors and then move plant outdoors. Once they're outside they'll begin flowering in response to the natural photoperiod. Post more pics.

Back
Top Bottom