Colombian Andes Greenhouse SIP CBD Auto Grow

Well, I went digging, looking for the lost girls, and found all five of them.
They were all just under the surface.
They are all now resting under lights, with a dusting of Recharge, and a fresh drink (with a bit of liquid Myco and SuperThrive).
I hope they are ok!
This poor pale little girl looks like I feel!

thumbnail_image1.jpg

I put all the heat mats back in, to keep them warmer.
Then I added another light to each of the Imperial Walkers, for a total of 6 lights.
Surface temperatures are around 76F.
I am hoping that with the heat mats, they should be ok.

I have never run autos 24 hours a day, but I have heard you can do it, because 24 hours of sun is normal above the Arctic Circle in winter.
I am appreciating the extra warmth at night! (Haha.)
So I think I will try 24 hours lighting.

Great finds!

In terms of running your autos 24/0, cannabis does not need a dark time as a C3 plant. It will grow fastest under 24/0, or less if your lights can provide the required Daily Light Integral in a 24 hour period.

In C3 plants, which Cannabis Sativa is...

C3 plants:
"The C3 cycle is often referred to as a light-independent reaction to the process of photosynthesis. This is because the C3 cycle is not supplied directly by the photons from the ultimate source of light – the Sun."

The 24-0 schedule might speed up the vegetative growth process some. The downside is the higher power bills.

So 24/0 isn't necessary with bright enough lights, but you'll never really know how much they get without a good lux meter (or the Photone meter app) and an understanding of the DLI.

Great finds!

In terms of running your autos 24/0, cannabis does not need a dark time as a C3 plant. It will grow fastest under 24/0, or less if your lights can provide the required Daily Light Integral in a 24 hour period.

In C3 plants, which Cannabis Sativa is...

C3 plants:
"The C3 cycle is often referred to as a light-independent reaction to the process of photosynthesis. This is because the C3 cycle is not supplied directly by the photons from the ultimate source of light – the Sun."

The 24-0 schedule might speed up the vegetative growth process some. The downside is the higher power bills.

So 24/0 isn't necessary with bright enough lights, but you'll never really know how much they get without a good lux meter (or the Photone meter app) and an understanding of the DLI.
Thanks, Shed! That's very helpful.
The outdoor grow near my last place had an outdoor greenhouse, but they also ran lights 24/0 during veg.
I did not like that idea until I heard your explanation.

I get the general idea that a plant can only handle so much light at a time (or it burns).
I am kind of fuzzy on the idea that a plant can only handle so many lumens a day (as a separate variable), but I guess it makes sense.

I downloaded the Photone app, but I have no idea how to use it.
I opened it up, and got wildly different readings within inches in the pot (ranging like from the 300s to the 800s).
I probably need to watch some videos how to use it.
Are there tips on how to use it?
(I think you are wayyyy ahead of me on this technical stuff....)
Thanks!

I don't have it but if you search the site for Photone you'll probably find some tutorials. I do know you need to calibrate it first.

@BakedARea was a big proponent but he's not around anymore. I'm pretty sure that @Krissi Carbone uses it so she might be able to offer some pointers.
Aloha my Columbian friend and thanks for the tag Shed. I miss Baked, first of all, and I thank him for showing me this app. I have used it my last idk 5 grows and it has been my saving grace.

I have a Droid, idk what you have, but it is an easy set up process to get it calibrated.

Tag me, PM me, whatever you need to help you with it, I'd be happy to pass along what was passed down to me

I don't have it but if you search the site for Photone you'll probably find some tutorials. I do know you need to calibrate it first.
Ok, thank you!
@BakedARea was a big proponent but he's not around anymore. I'm pretty sure that @Krissi Carbone uses it so she might be able to offer some pointers.
Ok, thanks! I am sucking fumes today, and need to get to bed soon. I hope I can get some time to check it out.

Aloha my Columbian friend and thanks for the tag Shed.
Aloha! Hahaha!
I miss Baked, first of all, and I thank him for showing me this app. I have used it my last idk 5 grows and it has been my saving grace.
I am sorry, I did not know Baked. But I see he was appreciated.
I have a Droid, idk what you have, but it is an easy set up process to get it calibrated.

Tag me, PM me, whatever you need to help you with it, I'd be happy to pass along what was passed down to me
Ok, thanks, Krissi! Things are a little bit slammed right now, so I do not know that it will be soon, but when I get some time, it would be nice to know how to use the app. I appreciate it.

Hola, everyone! I am super tired and need to get to bed, but just wanted to check in.
So far, all 20 autos are up, and seem to be recovering from my error in not properly heating the room.

Speaking of recovery, this is the poor little girl that we saw yesterday. Her color is back, and she is thinking about lifting her head. She still has a ways to go, but at least she is out of ICU. (There are 2 more like her.) I was so glad to see her color return!

hospital.jpg

This is the biggest of them so far. I think you can see about how far out I am watering today.
I am trying to walk the water ring outward juust a little each day.
Does that seem like an appropriate watering circle? Or make it larger? (Or smaller?)
Or do something different?
I know they will hit the rez, but I want to do the right thing until then. Thanks!

bbb.jpg

Nothing has hit the reservoir yet, but we know it will, so we are still trying to figure out how to attach a light bar in the room without having to drill holes in the walls. (I have never lived in reinforced concrete before.)

This part of the grow seems to have different approaches.

Personally I like to put a little water in the reservoir and then water straight down near the seedling to encourage the tap root to head down to the reservoir. After a few days when you are confident the tap root has made it down, I give the entire pot a good watering to get the wicking action started and then it's mostly watering through the fill tube.

Great news on 20/20! :thumb:

Aloha! Hahaha!

I am sorry, I did not know Baked. But I see he was appreciated.
He was and still is!
Ok, thanks, Krissi! Things are a little bit slammed right now, so I do not know that it will be soon, but when I get some time, it would be nice to know how to use the app. I appreciate it.
Whenever is clever buddy. I'll be here. Sending you the calming juju :meditate::passitleft:

He was and still is!

Whenever is clever buddy. I'll be here. Sending you the calming juju :meditate::passitleft:
Thanks, Krissi!
I can take all the calming juju I can get right now!
:hookah:

This part of the grow seems to have different approaches.

Personally I like to put a little water in the reservoir and then water straight down near the seedling to encourage the tap root to head down to the reservoir. After a few days when you are confident the tap root has made it down, I give the entire pot a good watering to get the wicking action started and then it's mostly watering through the fill tube.

Great news on 20/20! :thumb:
Ok, thanks again, Azi!
I am not sure how much I really have to contribute to the SIP forum! (I will probably be doing more reading than posting... at least until I can figure out all of these newbie questions...)

This poor little girl still needs to catch her breath! And then maybe afterward she can lift her head:

right.jpg

There are six little girls still on daily sprayer-bottle watering.
Everyone else is getting the turkey baster treatment with some Roots liquid CalMag, some BioNova Veganics Grow (it's what I could find), some Orca liquid mycos, and some Re-Charge.
Everything is looking good! I just need to get a light bar installed in the nursery until I can find someone to repair the greenhouse on the roof. Otherwise I may have to ask Krissi to change the title to, "Colombian Andes Thought-It-Was Gonna-Be-A-Greenhouse-Grow!" haha.

78.jpg

One question: before I ordered these current lights (mostly white with two strips of red), I had an order mixup, and they sent me some funky tri-color lights.
Do those tri-color lights work?
Or is it better to sell them, and get more of the white-with-two-strips-of-red?
Thanks!

I am not sure how much I really have to contribute to the SIP forum! (I will probably be doing more reading than posting... at least until I can figure out all of these newbie questions...)
Nah, that's how we all learn, by asking questions. Ask away.

Ok, thanks again, Azi!

This poor little girl still needs to catch her breath! And then maybe afterward she can lift her head:

right.jpg

There are six little girls still on daily sprayer-bottle watering.
Everyone else is getting the turkey baster treatment with some Roots liquid CalMag, some BioNova Veganics Grow (it's what I could find), some Orca liquid mycos, and some Re-Charge.
Everything is looking good! I just need to get a light bar installed in the nursery until I can find someone to repair the greenhouse on the roof. Otherwise I may have to ask Krissi to change the title to, "Colombian Andes Thought-It-Was Gonna-Be-A-Greenhouse-Grow!" haha.

78.jpg

One question: before I ordered these current lights (mostly white with two strips of red), I had an order mixup, and they sent me some funky tri-color lights.
Or is it better to sell them, and get more of the white-with-two-strips-of-red?
Thanks!
I had a ZDF in my tent stuck like that for like a day and a half.

Straightened herself up eventually, was on her side kinda standing up for another day or so as you can see lol
She's fine now. Little small but she's good.

Blue lights are good! Good for THC good for other cannabinoid production good for photosynthesis.

I had a ZDF in my tent stuck like that for like a day and a half.

Straightened herself up eventually, was on her side kinda standing up for another day or so as you can see lol
She's fine now. Little small but she's good.
Good photos!
Blue lights are good! Good for THC good for other cannabinoid production good for photosynthesis.
Ok, that is very good to know, thank you!

You mean what they call blurples? If so, I've heard they're good for veg but not so great for flower.

You mean what they call blurples? If so, I've heard they're good for veg but not so great for flower.
That's the kind of feedback I need!
It is this one:

yyyy.jpg

If it has limited use, I should sell it and get different ones.
Thanks!

Hard to say. I know the blurples were the standard a while back but I assume those were specific LED ranges good for plants. Yours could be that but could also just be an artsy light with no real grow power.

Back
Top Bottom