Colombian Andes Greenhouse SIP CBD Auto Grow

I'd check Weed Seeds Express for auto CBD plants as a place to start. Check the CBD and THC percentages and see if any are to your liking.
Thanks, Shed!
That looks great!
Only, they quit shipping to Colombia.
But maybe one of the other sponsors will carry them?

I will check for Ace CBD #1.
I thought I would post a few pics of the greenhouse progress.
We had a pro quote us $2400 for a dis-assemblable pro greenhouse, so we decided to contract with an assistant's relative, who has worked construction his whole life.
We asked him to help us save on costs, while getting a strong temporary structure.
This is 3/4" PVC.
(Really, I am not convinced it will be strong enough.)

g2.jpg

He tied it to the rebar with what looks like a cheap 1x4".

g7.jpg

And then there is another cheap 1x4 oriented the other way on the other side.
Given the way the structure sways wide to side in the wind, I believe this one will likely snap, so I plan to replace it later with rebar).

g8.jpg

Also it looks like they made the hoop tunnel just a little too big for the width of the plastic, so they will have to work out some other kind of attachment. ( :rolleyes: )

It isn't worth it to argue with the relative. It is great he is doing the bulk of the work.
I will replace those wooden verticals with rebar later, and also add some other metal supports (probably after they are all done).
I had to tell them today that the doors need at least as much reinforcement as the walls (to make sure the winds do not buckle them). I had to explain it several times (oy...).

It is great to have a temporary greenhouse going up on the roof! Given schedules and coordinations and things, we are probably looking at a finish-date of some time next week, so I am glad I started with the nursery!
I will try to post some pics of the nursery later, but I have to get the lights properly hung first.
I hope everyone is doing well!

Looks like a great structure to start with anyway! I'm not sure what keeps the entire thing from lifting up and flying away in a stiff breeze (sandbags?) but I'm sure you have something in mind.

:goodluck: getting it relocated and secured in its new home!
Thanks!
They pinned it to the concrete with some kind of concrete nails.
(I am not a big fan of poking nails into concrete roofs, but they do that here...)
The whole thing needs to be strong, because they get pretty good gusts in August and September.
My last greenhouse in 1/2" PVC got broke in five places with the wind last month.

They did not get the nursery fixed up today, so I will have to post pictures of it after they get it fixed up.

Good morning @el gringuito I apologize for failing behind.
I'm still a couple hundred notifications behind.
I'll catch up soon.
Hope everything is going well.
Your setup looks amazing.
Talk soon.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Still nothing.
The nursery room is total jury rig at the moment, but the surface temps seem good.

therm.jpg

The ambient temperatures fluctuate from 65-68F, so some warming seemed necessary.
I am not sure why nothing has popped at the moment.
My pray day (Sabbath) begins tonight, so I do not have time to mount a search expedition at the moment.
After Shabbat I can mount a search expedition.
Worst comes to worst, I just lost 20 seeds....
Not fun, but worse things have happened.

I wonder if it may have been the soil wetting.
The soil is wet now, so maybe I can try direct sowing again?
And if THAT does not work (Father forbid) maybe I can try sprouting in the paper towels, and transplanting?

Not sure why nothing has come up, but we will get beyond it.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

I have always sprouted on wet paper towel. If the seeds are fresh and lively, they will sprout and develop a 1/2" root very fast... 2 days tops. In my experience, if the seeds don't sprout this way, they probably won't sprout and develop a root... they are too old, or perhaps we not stored in the best environment by the seller.

I heard from one seed seller that their seed is so fresh they recommend sprouting in soil, not on paper towel. If I was going to attempt that, I would put the seeds in 2" plastic nursery pots with a special custom sprouting soil mix that I use. The medium needs to be kept moist, never drying out, until the sprout is up and going strong.

Here's my paper towel technique, click here. Note in this case I was attempting to sprout very old seeds... it didn't work out. But the technique is rock solid for fresh seeds. Note also that this is preceded by soaking in water for 24 hrs.

I have always sprouted on wet paper towel. If the seeds are fresh and lively, they will sprout and develop a 1/2" root very fast... 2 days tops. In my experience, if the seeds don't sprout this way, they probably won't sprout and develop a root... they are too old, or perhaps we not stored in the best environment by the seller.

I heard from one seed seller that their seed is so fresh they recommend sprouting in soil, not on paper towel. If I was going to attempt that, I would put the seeds in 2" plastic nursery pots with a special custom sprouting soil mix that I use. The medium needs to be kept moist, never drying out, until the sprout is up and going strong.

Here's my paper towel technique, click here. Note in this case I was attempting to sprout very old seeds... it didn't work out. But the technique is rock solid for fresh seeds. Note also that this is preceded by soaking in water for 24 hrs.
Thanks, CBD!
I have sprouted both on paper towels, and direct seed. I get about the same success rate with both, so Azi recommended sprouting in soil, to get the microbes on them ASAP, so I have been going with that. I have had 100% success until now. I also had success with forming a small lake in hydrophobic soil, so the big difference I think was the temps.
I remember realizing that things were cold in the house, and scrambling to get some heat under them, and also a light on the soil surface.
I have sprouted 100% in similar planting circumstances, just warmer.
The surface temps is @74F now, but before it was more like 66F, and I think that may just have been too cold.

That's why I like soaking them for a day or two in a small glass of water and then the paper towel method for any that still haven't split. No guessing if they did or didn't sprout.
???????
Um... not sure, I could be mistaken (happens all the time), but I thought you were the one who encouraged me to sprout in soil, so that the microbes get directly on the root ASAP??
Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I thought it was you.
I seem to have about the same success with towels and with direct sowing, and I thought you said direct sowing was better...
Sorry is that is mistaken... 😬

I'm pretty sure that temperature makes a big difference. Most failures to launch seem to happen at colder temps. I keep mine at 80°F until they break ground.
Thanks, Shed!
Yeah, I think the heating pads helped, but the surface temps were still like 68F.
With the surface lights it is more like 74F.
I have four up now, and a few more mounds building.
I'm thinking maybe it was just too cold until I got the lights pointed over the top.
Some came up, but others may not... :(
Hopefully more will come up tomorrow... :)

Probably I will try to put proper light bars in the nursery to hang a couple more lights (to bring the temperatures up), and then I can plant more.
It was an expensive mistake.
I was just eager to get started as soon as possible, and did not have my nursery set up.

My daytime temps are almost always in the 75-80 range, and fresh seed always sprouts.
Yeah, perfect!
My seeds were fresh except for the NL CBD.
But with a uniformly low sprout rate, I think it was not the seeds, but the temperatures.
Once I get the nursery fixed I can plant more.

Sometimes seeds just seem slow - and - you look at them every 5 minutes!!!!! But when they do....
Let's get this party started!!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
Yeah!
I was super-eager to get started (too eager it seems), and lost some good seeds.
But four are up, and there are a couple of more mounds.
Once I get the nursery set up right, then I can plant more.

Back
Top Bottom