Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I like that idea Shed, how early can I reliably take a couple cuts from each plant? Im assuming we want to take more than 1 clone in case they dont root.

Is that a Marlon Brando quote? It was still worth a laugh!
I guess you take whatever you can spare if your cloning rate is near mine. If you do well in the Dewey you can just take one!

Marlon Brando in On The Waterfront.

Take clones early from the plants you want to sex. As soon as they root (move them from the Dewey to a hempy solo cup to do this fastest...no need to move from water roots to soil roots), flip them to 12/12

Actually I believe I read somewhere that the cuttings don't have to be rooted to throw them into the flowering tent to determine the sex of the parent plant. Just cut them off, put them in some PH'd water, and stick them in the flowering tent. I've never done this myself, but am pretty sure I've read it a couple places.

If it proves to be true/accurate it will save about 2 weeks time in determining the sex of the parent plant.

A couple days ago I presented a picture of the root ball from my Seedsman Blueberry plant. It was heavily root bound. I took her out of the tent today to check everything over and came across maybe a dozen leaves that look like these.

I can only assume it was caused in some part by the plant being root bound no? It's taken her a couple days to come back (she's not all the way back yet) to where she is now. Not perfect but looking a little more perky each day.

Do you think the leaf spotting is something to worry about? I mean I will if I keep seeing new leaves with the same spotting. But if I see no more should I go with the rootbound theory as the cause?

I'm going with Magnesium deficiency. No idea if root bound was the cause though.

Attachments

• nutrient chart Magnesium only.jpg
    nutrient chart Magnesium only.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 43
This plant has been a pain in the rump since the day I cut her off her mom 3 weeks into flower. Took forever to root, and even longer to grow out of the re-vegging funk. It was producing single blade fan leaves for almost 7 weeks. And then all of a sudden BOOM it took off. It's obviously my fault for letting it get so root bound. It was fine one day and three days later all the leaves were drooping like it was over watered which was not the case.

The plant is in a larger pot (4x as big) then it was in, Gets fed good nutrients in properly PH'd water so I'm thinking it's just going to take it a week to get completely right again. I'm hoping someone would know if being root bound could be the cause of the deficiency.

My flowering girls were showing the same symptoms. I believe it is a deficiency caused by my poor ph checking habits.

I grow in small containers all of the time and I generally dont see deficiencies until late flower when I expect it, unless I am lazy about ph.

This journal is moving quickly so I’m not sure what you mean Beez! This place is bumping with info from everywhere:) woop

Leaves can be damaged if even a tiny root is disturbed at transplant so if it’s only a couple leaves I’d say it could be that. If it’s multiple leaves then likely it’s a def

I want to be cool too. Now I'll have to get the wife to show me how to save a link and where to find it after I save it. o_O
This is why we get married!
Hahahahaha I know this is true :D

Can you believe I was unable to find Earthworm castings in my area? I had to order some off of Amazon. But that is the final ingredient I need to make up a batch of the nearly famous @bobrown14 Super Soil. I have enough fixings to mix up 10 gallons. So now I'm trying to decide........Grow one BIG plant in a 10 gallon tote? Grow two plants each in a 5 gallon bucket? Or grow 3 plants each in their own 3 gallon pots? Heck I have to give some thought to the strain/s I grow too.

Back
Top Bottom