Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

All caught up and late as fuck! Im subbed and yea, theres plenty of cats in here checking you out homie! Keep the content coming! This was the perfect find for me, and Im sure for many to come, to learn about making seeds. Id kill to have a few seeds from some of my most memorable grows. Now, I may be ready to try it out thanks to this journal.

So The CG you're growing, Is it the real thing, or something you got from a breeder,
You know I honestly don't know the origin of the CG seeds. They were given to me by a friend who asked me if I could make her some more seeds using her final two. I told her I would certainly try my best, and here we are. I don't think she has any contacts with anyone living in the mountain region of Colombia, so there is a good chance the seeds are from a breeder.

Id kill to have a few seeds from some of my most memorable grows. Now, I may be ready to try it out thanks to this journal.

I think learning to produce your own seeds is something everyone should learn to do which is the goal of this journal.;) If I buy a 5 pack of regular seeds from a breeder and they are top quality genetics, and sell for much more then seeds should sell for I am popping all 5 at once looking for a male to go with 4 females (in an ideal world) and I'm going to make enough seeds that I'd never have to buy another seed of that strain again.

Morning guys,

I might found a brain-cracking-question for you guys to start the day with:nomo:

Due to my condition i have SilverSplints. its some sort of skelet from pure 925 silver around my hand,wrist and fingers.

Now i have been thinking if i could create CS. STS or maybe one i havent hear of yet. Since the STS is not affortable to make for me i havent give it tought anymore. and now i was reading here and realised i got all that silver i could not affort on my hands! could it work?

There are several strains i would like to make seeds of, my number one now is the CMOG seeds i have ordered. The first strain that put NS in sleep:high-five:

Enjoy the morning coffee:circle-of-love:

Good information that y’all are throwing out and I am all about adapting and learning quality grow techniques.

That is my hope too Diggler. I only learned to breed seed out of necessity. I'm poor! I think I do pretty good breeding seeds. But I am not ashamed to admit I don't now everything when it comes to growing cannabis. Heck I probably don't know 50% of everything when it comes to growing cannabis. I sure do enjoy it though, and am ever so grateful to have a site like 420 where you can seek out others who not only have the expertise and knowledge, but are willing to share that knowledge and expertise with you to point you in the right direction. THAT is what I am hoping for with this journal. Free flowing exchanges of valuable information to make all of us better growers.

Since the STS is not affortable to make for me i havent give it tought anymore. and now i was reading here and realised i got all that silver i could not affort on my hands! could it work?
There are several strains i would like to make seeds of, my number one now is the CMOG seeds i have ordered. The first strain that put NS in sleep:high-five:

Ask yourself this NS.............you said you just ordered CMOG (no clue what they are) seeds and want to make more. The colloidal silver that I use to make S1 feminized seeds from female plants cost me $19.95 for a 16oz bottle. So far I have produced approximately 2,000 seeds with it and barely used an ounce of the CS.

I've considered giving the STS a try, and if I ever stop having success with the colloidal silver spray I most definitely will.

So, I’m curious because I’ve heard different things from different sources… If you properly store seeds, for how many years are they viable?

I'm in the same boat you are. Right now I thoroughly dry my seeds and once dry I store them in small bottles with silica gel packs in them to absorb any moisture. I store them in a cool, dark place. I have read in several places that long term storage requires the seeds to be frozen and if so they'll last for decades. I am having a hard time putting a bottle with 800 seeds into the freezer. I guess I fear freezing them will do damage to them. I do however take seeds I am getting ready to germinate and put them in the fridge for a few days prior to planting in a hempy solo cup.

Ask yourself this NS.............you said you just ordered CMOG (no clue what they are) seeds and want to make more. The colloidal silver that I use to make S1 feminized seeds from female plants cost me $19.95 for a 16oz bottle. So far I have produced approximately 2,000 seeds with it and barely used an ounce of the CS.

I've considered giving the STS a try, and if I ever stop having success with the colloidal silver spray I most definitely will.

I guess it was early for me.. Totally forgot to mention i have Collodial Silver 35ppm here. i managed to get pollen with just 10ppm, 3x a day. Since i have this silver and i heard STS was way more potent... i was thinking to create it from my silverwear. none of my seeds made it to finish. the Chocolate Mint OG(cmog) had seeds but several bugs going on. i could not keep them inside and i was totally freaked out by that.

After this run ill probably do a auto run to stock up those jars and then i probably try a seed run... First i keep reading here ^^

Sorry to hear about your troubles NaturalSpirit. Sadly, I have no input as to whether silverware can be used. Looking forward to that answer!
I do have a question related to your comment. Autoflowers in Docs kit? Whats the skinny? Not sure if you are in DBHB soil or not but I was planning to do a run of four photoperiod plants in his kit for my first run. Sadly, it looks as though I may only have 2/4 germinate for the grow.

What is to prevent you from making seeds of one of your autos? Why not plant three or four different strains of autos, spray a branch on one of them, a pollinate the buds on a single branch on all the others? That will give you a bunch of seeds and good smoking buds at the same time. I am planning to try just this with a Quarter Pounder auto and a Dark Devil auto. I will be spraying the Quarter Pounder to make pollen. I will use that pollen to dust all the buds on one branch of each plant leaving the others un-pollinated so they can produce seedless buddage. If I can produce even 10 seeds of each plant I would be tickled to death. More then likely though I'll end up with more then that. I'll gladly help you if you need it. Heck, get some autos planted now and do it along with me. I have one that just sprouted and the other has been in a hempy solo cup germinating for less then 2 days.

Totally forgot to mention i have Collodial Silver 35ppm here. i managed to get pollen with just 10ppm, 3x a day. Since i have this silver and i heard STS was way more potent... i was thinking to create it from my silverwear.

You don't make STS with silverware or sterling silver. I believe you use Silver Nitrate and Sodium Thiosulfate mixed to certain proportions to make the STS spray.

Sorry to hear about your troubles NaturalSpirit. Sadly, I have no input as to whether silverware can be used. Looking forward to that answer!
I do have a question related to your comment. Autoflowers in Docs kit? Whats the skinny? Not sure if you are in DBHB soil or not but I was planning to do a run of four photoperiod plants in his kit for my first run. Sadly, it looks as though I may only have 2/4 germinate for the grow.

Thats ok, we all got our battles right? as long as we "grow" stronger cause of that were doing good. :high-five:
I dont have docs kit. i use a organic soil mix of usefull things i cant translate to english this fast lol. for my seeds i use a special seedling soil. most soils are pre nuted and burn the baby's before they have a chance. its like using steroids on a baby... it dont even sound good ;)

You don't make STS with silverware or sterling silver. I believe you use Silver Nitrate and Sodium Thiosulfate mixed to certain proportions to make the STS spray.

This was my question, i guess i didnt describe it clear enough. thank you for that. The idea was to create a spray from my medical gear to use for my medication. maybe i just smoked to much this morning hehe.

What is to prevent you from making seeds of one of your autos? Why not plant three or four different strains of autos, spray a branch on one of them, a pollinate the buds on a single branch on all the others? That will give you a bunch of seeds and good smoking buds at the same time. I am planning to try just this with a Quarter Pounder auto and a Dark Devil auto. I will be spraying the Quarter Pounder to make pollen. I will use that pollen to dust all the buds on one branch of each plant leaving the others un-pollinated so they can produce seedless buddage. If I can produce even 10 seeds of each plant I would be tickled to death. More then likely though I'll end up with more then that. I'll gladly help you if you need it. Heck, get some autos planted now and do it along with me. I have one that just sprouted and the other has been in a hempy solo cup germinating for less then 2 days.

Good question! i havent runned two of the same strains yet, beside the two Chocolate Mint OG girls. Ive been spraying CS, pollinating them and actually produced seeds but i couldnt finish them cause of the bugs. My ADHD makes me want to multitask my budd of and thats not always in the benefit of the girls. My last grow was suffering from stress and bugs and therefore i want to complete this cycle with some decent harvest before i start making seeds. First i need to step up my growing skills a little.

Auto's are something i havent manage to do properly before. my pots were only 3 liter and i went up to 10 liter( 11 liter is 1 gallon) in my 65x65Centimeter grow space.

There still are some pollen from the atf, but im not sure if they are still usable. You and your journal do make me giggle about creating seeds again...

Who knows what i will do with those sexy autos. there is a cbd Euphoria in veg so i might treat her with cs. This seed was planted by my dad and me. since he isnt in good health it might be a wonderfull thing to create seeds from the plant he put in the soil with me.

man this journal makes my mind rattle even more, keep it going Beez:thanks::hug:

ATTENTION SHOPPERS! Although I am not a big advocate of buying the "way overpriced connoisseur" seeds, I do see the need to start building a seed collection from somewhere. Now would seem to be a great time.

@SeedsMan one of the fine sponsors on the 420 site is having a fantastic Halloween sale. If you shop smart you can come away with a haul!! If you spend 75 euros (about $85 US dollars) you get to choose a free bundle of seeds. Either 16 fem seeds, 18 auto flower seeds, or 6 high CBD seeds. Plus there are breeders offering deals during this Halloween sale. Buy from them and get free seeds too. Heck, you could spend $85.00 and come away with 25 or 30 free seeds.

THANK YOU @SeedsMan

It coulda been a contenda!!;)

By the way, this was funny as hell and I think Ill start throwing it around the forum! Ill be sure to give credit ;)

Yea, to answer you about why I havent made seeds.. I suppose throwing more money at the hobby prevents me from doing it... Im so broke I gotta wait until after the first so I can up pot my autos to 3 gallon containers. In fairness, Im only broke because during my last grow I splurged on adding more lights in my tent, an RO system, Docs kit, the containers to mix the kit, the Promix HP, yada yada yada lol.

I have a Dewey Mister Cloning bucket that I have successfully cloned from before. So my thinking was to go ahead and grow the autos like normal on an 18/6 schedule, Veg my broccoli starts and the two photoperiod plants that are alive and well until they can be sexed (Not sure best way to do this honestly), and take clones from them for the time being. That should give me plenty of time to let the soil finish cooking, and for the autos to finish cooking hehe. Im in the midst of transferring from autoflowers Ive been exclusively growing over the last 3 or 4 grows. I have given zero thought to cloning autos, for obvious reasons. I think I was just so fixated on growing plants to harvest and getting better at growing, that I neglected other areas of the hobby. I just now feel accomplished about making edibles and hash. That was another area that I needed work in. This hobby adds up fast man!

Ill be sure to give credit
To Marlon Brando?
until they can be sexed (Not sure best way to do this honestly), and take clones from them for the time being.
Take clones early from the plants you want to sex. As soon as they root (move them from the Dewey to a hempy solo cup to do this fastest...no need to move from water roots to soil roots), flip them to 12/12 and you will know what sex the mother plant is within a week or so. Much faster than waiting for the mother to show sex.

I like that idea Shed, how early can I reliably take a couple cuts from each plant? Im assuming we want to take more than 1 clone in case they dont root.

Is that a Marlon Brando quote? It was still worth a laugh!

To Marlon Brando?

Take clones early from the plants you want to sex. As soon as they root (move them from the Dewey to a hempy solo cup to do this fastest...no need to move from water roots to soil roots), flip them to 12/12 and you will know what sex the mother plant is within a week or so. Much faster than waiting for the mother to show sex.
Your full of awesome advice man! Might have to give that a try..along with Beez cloning method!

Back
Top Bottom