Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I will say this.....if you are pollinating a plant to make seeds for your own personal grows it doesn't matter what you do if that makes sense. The more you work with cannabis pollen the more you realize it flies everywhere. So where you think you are pollinating a couple branches with pollen from plant A, and pollinating a couple branches with pollen from plant B unless you're EXTREMELY careful you will be ending up with plant A and plant B seeds all over the plant. And if you've used CS and made pollen sacks........well, you get the point.

I can see how it could be done using pollen from two different male plants and pollinate a branch or two on the same plant. But again, you need to be really careful and diligent with your method. Personally I make it a point to only have one source of pollen around at a time. I do this because I want to know definitively the genetics of any seed in my collection.

Thnx beez! i already tought it would be like that. if you do your method the chance is the smallest and still it might cross.. doing all that stuff at the same time made the girls stress and yellow the beep out of herself. i didnt realize it at that time, but it made sense later.

Good point NS

Thnx bud, i tought several people could benefit from this part.

Here is a picture of the root ball of a Blueberry clone that has been living in a 3/4 gallon pot for 50 days. Her leaves started to wilt/droop as though she was over watered but that wasn't the case. Turns out she may have been (such a bad plant parent) a bit root-bound. I scored the roots at the bottom and up-potted her to a 2 gallon pot. I'm trying to keep her smaller for as long as I can to make room for her in the flowering tent.

As you can see in this photo she is NOT happy at all.

The taproot of the Blueberry plant came out almost directly in the center of the bottom of the the root ball. It then travelled to the edge, up the side, and wrapped about 3 times around the top of the top of the pot about an inch below the surface.

The taproot of the Blueberry plant came out almost directly in the center of the bottom of the the root ball. It then travelled to the edge, up the side, and wrapped about 3 times around the top of the top of the pot about an inch below the surface.

Wow it was going everywhere it could looking for more space haha ! Glad you gave her a bigger home !

I gave her a slightly bigger pot to spread out in yes. I have learned from @Van Stank to allow the plants the time to fill each pot with roots before you up-pot them. To keep them in as small a pot as you can in veg and up-pot only when necessary. I did not pick up on the signs quick enough. I expect it will take her several days to forgive me and perk back up after the torture of being root bound, up-potted, and LST'd in the same day.

I'm sure there's lots of interest in this thread beez! But since you set it up as a tutorial thread I think most folks are waiting to be taught. If it's a grow journal then those would come with different expectations.

Solid rootball on the Blueberry. I usually go by how fast it's drinking to determine whether or not it needs to be transplanted, but looking at yours I realize there are signs above ground as well.

There's another lesson right there!

Here is a picture of the root ball of a Blueberry clone that has been living in a 3/4 gallon pot for 50 days. Her leaves started to wilt/droop as though she was over watered but that wasn't the case. Turns out she may have been (such a bad plant parent) a bit root-bound. I scored the roots at the bottom and up-potted her to a 2 gallon pot. I'm trying to keep her smaller for as long as I can to make room for her in the flowering tent.

As you can see in this photo she is NOT happy at all.

Holy moly! This is a great "problem" hehe. ok it might be a little late but i dream of roots this gorgeous:goodjob:

This journal is like art. it takes a while before people realize how much its worth. I'm sure there will be lots of folks coming soon:Namaste:

I'm in for the long haul. I may not be very talkative, but I am definitely following your progress. And the cloning tutorial was great because I've never done cloning beyond my ole clone bucket, also never used a dome. Your clones look super healthy.

But since you set it up as a tutorial thread I think most folks are waiting to be taught. If it's a grow journal then those would come with different expectations.

Well, I am growing two Colombian Gold plants, and do hope to grow a bunch of seeds on one of them. So it's kind of a grow journal too right? Anyone is welcome to share anything they want in here. It's not like school where you can't say anything.

So it's kind of a grow journal too right?
It says it all in the title. "Columbian Gold Grow"..

If I remember correctly those two seeds have a nice little back story. I am happy that you will be able to preserve those genetics.

I am SO READY to harvest the Hawaiian Mayan Gold plant. It's been flowering for 74 days now but it seems like forever. It won't produce much so I have to hope it's good. I grew it to gift the buds to my friend for Christmas. I'm just ready for it to come down. I don't know how you pure sativa growers do it. This is a 10 week flowering plant and it's needing to go to 11 weeks minimum. I took a test nugget today to see how it tastes and see the effect. It is very dense to me, but this is my first sativa dominant plant so I have nothing with which to compare them to.

I started flushing it this past Thursday. But it's pretty much finished drinking now so haven't fed it any more plain water since. I'm thinking about putting it in the bathtub and running about 10 gallons of water through the ProMix BX and clean it out. I used to hear about people (users of synthetic nutes) doing that all the time. Does that work well? Is it still done?

I started flushing it this past Thursday. But it's pretty much finished drinking now so haven't fed it any more plain water since. I'm thinking about putting it in the bathtub and running about 10 gallons of water through the ProMix BX and clean it out. I used to hear about people (users of synthetic nutes) doing that all the time. Does that work well? Is it still done?
There's really no removing the nutes from the plant itself....flushing is highly controversial. And somewhat of a myth IMHO!

You can, with lots of plain water - make the soil void of most nutrients so that plants cannot absorb any more. But in no way possible, can you translocate the nutrients already absorbed by the plant!

You cant necessarily flush a plant, only the soil...even then it takes time for the plant to be "flushed".

So to answer the question, I would say to do exactly that! That soil needs to be void of anything, and since your using water soluble nutrients.....dumping lots of water through it should help remove most of it!

Hope that helps brother!

I am SO READY to harvest the Hawaiian Mayan Gold plant. It's been flowering for 74 days now but it seems like forever. It won't produce much so I have to hope it's good. I grew it to gift the buds to my friend for Christmas. I'm just ready for it to come down. I don't know how you pure sativa growers do it. This is a 10 week flowering plant and it's needing to go to 11 weeks minimum. I took a test nugget today to see how it tastes and see the effect. It is very dense to me, but this is my first sativa dominant plant so I have nothing with which to compare them to.

Lovely looking bud there beez! It should be a great smoke!!

Back
Top Bottom