Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I just finished an ongoing experiment today. The "Think Different" auto plant I have been growing I finally harvested today. Since this plant showed it's first pistols it has been residing in my flowering tent under 11/13 lighting. I wanted to see how an auto would fare under these lighting conditions. Of course I screwed up the experiment by growing a plant I had but one seed of so I can't compare it to an identical strain plant grown under 18/6 lighting. Wet weight of the top cola was 160 grams. The buds were not as dense as I would like, and maybe that is due to the lighting. Here are a couple quick pics.

These two gals have been out from under their domes now for over 4 hours. I see no need to put them back on overnight. They don't need them any more.
Here is the crooked one.

Here is the less crooked one.

At this point I would anticipate seeing roots in 10-15 days. Not in a rush. More then likely they will hit the compost pile once they've rooted.

Picture of the two Colombian Gold cuttings this morning after a night out from under their domes. I think they look very good and won't put the domes back on again. And that will be the end of that till I see roots. Don't want to bore ya'll any more then I have to.

Looking awesome Beez:goodjob:

Did you ever pollinate more strains on one girl? (several brenches ofc), i pollinated a girl with two different pollen and i also had one brench with cs at that point.. it stressed them out and i was wondering if that would be ok in any way hehe.

Have a great weeeeeekend

Did you ever pollinate more strains on one girl? (several brenches ofc), i pollinated a girl with two different pollen and i also had one brench with cs at that point.. it stressed them out and i was wondering if that would be ok in any way hehe.

Have a great weeeeeekend

I will say this.....if you are pollinating a plant to make seeds for your own personal grows it doesn't matter what you do if that makes sense. The more you work with cannabis pollen the more you realize it flies everywhere. So where you think you are pollinating a couple branches with pollen from plant A, and pollinating a couple branches with pollen from plant B unless you're EXTREMELY careful you will be ending up with plant A and plant B seeds all over the plant. And if you've used CS and made pollen sacks........well, you get the point.

I can see how it could be done using pollen from two different male plants and pollinate a branch or two on the same plant. But again, you need to be really careful and diligent with your method. Personally I make it a point to only have one source of pollen around at a time. I do this because I want to know definitively the genetics of any seed in my collection.

Back
Top Bottom