Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

There was a lot happening here today. This was my flowering tent last night when I went to sleep.

This is my flowering tent as of 11:00AM this morning.

It was time to move the two Colombian Gold plants into the Honeymoon Suite. In the last few days he's begun popping pollen sacks like crazy. They're not ready yet to release pollen but shouldn't be more then another 7-10 days. Here they are in the Honeymoon Suite. I will pull the male in about a week and put him in a room downstairs far away from the other plants. When he's ready I'll start to harvest the pollen. I want the female to be at least 4 weeks into flower before I pollinate her. I want her buds to be full size and covered with pistils.

The Hawaiian Mayan Gold was harvested this morning before lights on. It was her time. She quit drinking completely.....not a drop. So I chopped her down this morning and got her trimmed up. She gave me a nice pile of branches to trim.

The buds were super dense which surprised me just a little. The wet weight was a nice surprise too.

My flowering tent is looking a little under crowded. In the back left is that Blueberry re-vegged clone that I seem to be trying to kill. It's looking just so so today but I am hopeful now that's settling into her larger pot and her roots can spread out she'll start looking stronger/healthier.

In the front right is one of my crosses. I had a female Thin Mint GSC mother that I ran off of for about a year. The flowers were top shelf, unfortunately the plants were quite small. So I took pollen from a Nirvana Northern Light IBL male plant and pollinated a few buds on the mother Thin Mint and let her flower out. I ended up with about 30 regular seeds. This plant is from the second seed. The first turned out to be a male and he was relocated to the compost pile. .

In the back right is what I am hoping is a diamond in the rough. I started with a beautiful Dark Devil auto plant and pollinated it with pollen from a female Sensi Seeds Northern Light plant that I sprayed with CS to make the pollen sacks. She is a very stout looking plant that has been in the flowering tent now for about 5 days.

I finally found my way over here. Looks like I missed some action asking the way. Things are looking great. I'm growing another Columbian gold and she's for sure a girl this time. I've had some pollen in the freezer for a while from the first couple tries but want to make some fem seeds. I haven't been having any luck with the sts from eBay so I'll probably end up brewing up some colloidal silver in the next few days to treat a branch. Making fem seeds and sharing them seems like the right thing to do. I wonder if the ones you're growing are the ones I sent to Sue a while back. If so, I can post a pic of the breeders package here for you.

I was thinking today...........the Colombian Gold plants sort of let me off the hook easy being one male and one female. If you run into this scenario you can just put the two plants into a tent all by themselves under 12/12 lighting and let nature take it's course. You will get a lot of seeds........more then you could ever grow yourself. I will pull the male, collect his pollen, and save it till the Colombian Gold is at her sexual peak (approx. 5 weeks into flower) and then pollinate her. This will produce more seeds and will give the seeds a chance to mature fully right around the time the female is harvested. I generally count backwards 6 weeks from the number of weeks I anticipate the plant will be in flowering (10 weeks) putting me at about week 4 for pollination. I will wait an extra week or even a little longer if she needs it before pollinating her.

But since I wanted to show how I create pollen with the colloidal silver spray we're going to go with plant B. I have a favorite auto flower strain called Quarter Pounder. And I have a new almost favorite auto flower strain called Dark Devil. I had just one QP seed left which I germinated in a hempy solo cup. She has now been transplanted into her forever home in I believe a 3 gallon pot. She is coming along nicely. The QP is a very high THC strain (up to 25%) sativa dominant, and although she takes a bit longer to grow she gets to be a darn good sized plant. If/when I am able to make female pollen sacks on one of her branches I will pollinate both the Dark Devil auto, but will also self pollinate the Quarter Pounder to replenish my stock of such a fine auto strain.

The Dark Devil auto was planted about 8 days after the Quarter Pounder auto. She was germinated in a hempy solo cup and will be transplanted into a 3 gallon hempy pot for her forever home. She will grow faster then the QP being in the hempy so I am hoping she reaches maturity about the time I'm able to produce female pollen. Here is the young Dark Devil plant today.

And remember these gals? They're still hanging in there. No roots yet, but the very tips of the leaves are starting to show just the tiniest bit of yellowing which tells me they're busy producing roots. I would anticipate seeing them in about a week.

I was thinking today...........the Colombian Gold plants sort of let me off the hook easy being one male and one female. If you run into this scenario you can just put the two plants into a tent all by themselves under 12/12 lighting and let nature take it's course. You will get a lot of seeds........more then you could ever grow yourself. I will pull the male, collect his pollen, and save it till the Colombian Gold is at her sexual peak (approx. 5 weeks into flower) and then pollinate her. This will produce more seeds and will give the seeds a chance to mature fully right around the time the female is harvested. I generally count backwards 6 weeks from the number of weeks I anticipate the plant will be in flowering (10 weeks) putting me at about week 4 for pollination. I will wait an extra week or even a little longer if she needs it before pollinating her.

But since I wanted to show how I create pollen with the colloidal silver spray we're going to go with plant B. I have a favorite auto flower strain called Quarter Pounder. And I have a new almost favorite auto flower strain called Dark Devil. I had just one QP seed left which I germinated in a hempy solo cup. She has now been transplanted into her forever home in I believe a 3 gallon pot. She is coming along nicely. The QP is a very high THC strain (up to 25%) sativa dominant, and although she takes a bit longer to grow she gets to be a darn good sized plant. If/when I am able to make female pollen sacks on one of her branches I will pollinate both the Dark Devil auto, but will also self pollinate the Quarter Pounder to replenish my stock of such a fine auto strain.

The Dark Devil auto was planted about 8 days after the Quarter Pounder auto. She was germinated in a hempy solo cup and will be transplanted into a 3 gallon hempy pot for her forever home. She will grow faster then the QP being in the hempy so I am hoping she reaches maturity about the time I'm able to produce female pollen. Here is the young Dark Devil plant today.

And remember these gals? They're still hanging in there. No roots yet, but the very tips of the leaves are starting to show just the tiniest bit of yellowing which tells me they're busy producing roots. I would anticipate seeing them in about a week.

Awesome harvest beez the gold looks lovely!

I’m super interested in this auto seed making you are doing so I’ll be here watching closely!
Keep up the great work

I’m super interested in this auto seed making you are doing so I’ll be here watching closely!
Keep up the great work

Don't watch too closely, Dutch. There won't be much happening with the autos for about 3 weeks. I will top each plant once. My log book tells me that the Quarter Pounder auto plants start flowering at between day 24 and 28 so I will select my branch on which to apply the colloidal silver and at day 21 start applying it right before lights out and right at lights on and keep doing it till I see a good number of pollen sacks on that branch.

Don't watch too closely, Dutch. There won't be much happening with the autos for about 3 weeks. I will top each plant once. My log book tells me that the Quarter Pounder auto plants start flowering at between day 24 and 28 so I will select my branch on which to apply the colloidal silver and at day 21 start applying it right before lights out and right at lights on and keep doing it till I see a good number of pollen sacks on that branch.

When brushing it on a branch is it easy to keep it to only 1 branch so the remainder of the plant is still harvested for smokebale medicine.

To my understanding once the branch shows pollen sacks you stop with “CS” and snip the branch and put it into a cup of water under 12-12 lighting. This will force the pollen to drop which is then collected and reintroduced to the female plant on specific branches for seeds?

Just making sure this is correct so far !

Back
Top Bottom