Colorado High - Soil - CFL - Super Skunk - 2013

Thanks CH! I have to admit during the worst of it, I was beginning to wonder if it was worth continuing the grow with such sickly plants to get one female, possibly none at all. When they both turned out to be female, I redoubled my efforts to try and figure out WTF was going on with these ladies and I'm so glad I did as otherwise I would've never known the root cause and possible impacted future grows as well.

Day 51 of flowering and the ladies have really matured since the last update 18 days ago. As hoped for, they survived the 9+ days between feeding/watering without any significant issues. It appears that the ladies started to sacrifice some of the lower newer leaf growth but all of the main productive fan leaves are in good shape. The pre-buds are now full-on buds fattening up day by day. Approximately 25% of the pistils on the side shoot buds have matured but more pistils are sprouting out of the buds each day. The pistils are less mature on the top colas which are already at least 6" in height and I expect they will lengthen as they fill-out. The photos below are as I found them after 9+ days of being left alone to their own devices and before I fed/watered each lady with one-half gallon of D&S Step 3 and Molasses, both at 1 Tbsp/gallon.

Group shot of the ladies on day 50 of flowering -

DSCN23002.JPG

Single shot of the left lady on day 50 of flowering -

DSCN23014.JPG

Close-up shot of the top cola of the left lady on day 50 of flowering -

DSCN23034.JPG

Close-up shot of a side-shoot bud on the left lady on day 50 of flowering -

DSCN23052.JPG

Single shot of the right lady on day 50 of flowering -

DSCN23023.JPG

Close-up shot of the top cola of the right lady on day 50 of flowering -

DSCN23041.JPG

Close-up shot of a side-shoot bud on the right lady on day 50 of flowering -

DSCN23062.JPG

For the remainder of flowering, until about 2 weeks prior to harvest, I will feed/water the ladies as needed since there is no longer any need to force upon them a strict schedule and I want them to have as much food/water as they can consume during the last stages of flowering. I will still feed them every watering with D&S Step 3/Molasses at 1 Tbsp/gallon. Based on my observations, it looks like I might be able to harvest later this month but given the sativa-like nature of these ladies it might be well into May before they are ripe enough to harvest.

Day 55 of flowering and I'm beginning to think that I'm looking at a significantly longer flowering stage with this strain than with my first. At this stage of my last grow I began flushing the ladies for 2 weeks prior to harvest. No way are these ladies even close to that. They have fattened up a bit since my last update 4 days ago, but otherwise appear the same. I have removed the last of the 5000K lighting and replaced it with 104 watts of 10% UVB CFL bulbs. The left plant is experiencing some droopiness which I attribute to the root damage caused earlier during vegging. She's struggling to keep up with the right lady and she's already beginning to show the typical late-flowering deficiencies while the right lady is still going strong. In case it might be related to the temperatures, I've adjusted the temp range down to around 75°-85° F. The exhaust fan is running pretty much constantly now so the humidity stays around 20% even with the humidifier running and it peaks at around 70% during lights off. I've turned up the humidifier fan to the max setting to see if that helps any, but I'm doubtful. They are beginning to really stink and some of the odors are not what I would expect. For instance, yesterday morning right after lights on, I checked on the ladies and when I opened the grow box a strong ammonia-like aroma was most definitely present. This morning it wasn't nearly as strong but it was still noticeable. That's all for now, look for a full photo update sometime next week. Until then, keep this thought in mind "Cannabis Can Cure".

EDIT: The increase of fan speed raised the RH by only 2% but consumed water at twice the rate of the slower speed, so back to the original fan speed of low.

Back
Top Bottom