Come Grow With Me: A Beginners Guide

Stupid question, what are the core benefits of setting the plants on top of the grills? I would imagine it helps keep the grow environment clean.

If folks are looking for a good job check out Commercial Pest Management i..e.. keeping german cockroaches and rodents out of restaurants. It sounds like the worst job in the world, but I know dudes that pull down a 100(k) U.S.

Once you learn the ropes it is a lot of fun and stuff.
I get the cockroaches and rodent's but German's bit harsh. Hahahahha

Got a little update. I planted my 3 new seeds last night & fired up the 5x5 tent. I haven't set the Ink Bird yet because I wanted to see what temps are like without the outdoor air 1st. 81 F was the high temp last night in the tent; so not real bad. I'll set the Ink Bird today to see how that works out.
Never the less I see no reason to run 2 veg tents at the same time so I put the Peyote Wi-Fi in with the 3 new plants.
I'll move this one back to the 3x3 when it's time to flower her or I need the room.
Anyway, here's the pics of what's going on.
9-234.JPG
9-235.JPG
9-236.JPG
9-237.JPG
9-238.JPG
Looking good in here

Got a little update. I planted my 3 new seeds last night & fired up the 5x5 tent. I haven't set the Ink Bird yet because I wanted to see what temps are like without the outdoor air 1st. 81 F was the high temp last night in the tent; so not real bad. I'll set the Ink Bird today to see how that works out.
Never the less I see no reason to run 2 veg tents at the same time so I put the Peyote Wi-Fi in with the 3 new plants.
I'll move this one back to the 3x3 when it's time to flower her or I need the room.
Anyway, here's the pics of what's going on.
9-234.JPG
9-235.JPG
9-236.JPG
9-237.JPG
9-238.JPG
The 5x5 looks huge. Im tossing up another tent or given it's a windowless room just Mylar the walls and turn the whole room into a grow space. I have some t5s I could utilise if I don't go the tent route. Great setup btw. I will be getting the oil pans and fridge shelves asap. My baby humidifier isn't going to cut it either I'm filling it up 10000x a day.

Cool, it's always a great thing to see other bible belters here fighting the good fight

Sorry my Dawgs put a hurten on your Game Cocks last night..To your defense, y'all are missing a ton of key players, otherwise it would have probably been a much different game.
Yeah dude for sure I thought I was the only one down here on this forum . It so stupid I actually was hesitant about starting an account here because these cops are so unnecessarily strict about bud here .
I like clemson not the gamecocks lol yes im a front runner

Thanks a lot for the extremely detailed answer on the utility of the grills.

Generally when watering throughout the week, try to do it in ml. Instead of oz.
Sometimes give them heavier amounts of water if my work is demanding.

Frozen pizza rocks, frozen pizza is made by really big machines that Norway rats love to climb on and stuff.
Frozen pizza makers for some reason don't like that.

Typically, when feeding I don't have too much run-off.
My dehumidifier sucks it right up. Put rocks at the base of my pots before I add soil.
The rocks give me stability and the rocks seem to let my plants breath better in their soil.

SO MUCH TO LEARN FROM Y'all!!!

Pest management seems to be very xenophobia. When I learned about German cockroaches it messed up my wife's head a little, since she speaks German at a native level.

Dang-it, I can't find my king sized bag of Reese's Pieces.

Gotta run and fight some rats.

Frozen pizza rocks, frozen pizza is made by really big machines that Norway rats love to climb on and stuff.

My dehumidifier sucks it right up. Put rocks at the base of my pots before I add soil.
The rocks give me stability and the rocks seem to let my plants breath better in their soil.

Pest management seems to be very xenophobia. When I learned about German cockroaches it messed up my wife's head a little, since she speaks German at a native level.

Damn youre more stoned then me

OK ya'all, Are you ready to start growing ? Guess you wouldn't be riding the 420 Mag train if you weren't. Anyway, I'm going to keep this real simple while providing pics & details from start to finish. I'll be posting & adding pics throughout the day.
Today I'll be putting up the tent & all the necessary equipment. It's just a small 3' x 3' x 6' tent & I'm only doing 1 plant (Peyote Wi-Fi).
I'll be assembling the tent in a few minutes so I'll add pics. Hopefully this little grow will help some of the new guys out. My average is 9 oz. per plant; but I'm shooting for a 12 oz. grow this time & I'll be cloning along the way for those interested in that. I'm looking to grow this plant in the same manner I grew this one.

If I happen to run into issues somewhere or are unable to answer your question I do know the right people to call on for the correct answer.
So I'll see you all soon as I get this tent up & we'll get Rockin'.

Something I should mention I left out. On the Intake & Exhaust Fans. It's best to hook up a Fan Speed Controller if your fan doesn't have a built in one. Running on high will suck your tent in pretty bad.
The other thing is for instance you see that little green light on the humidifier & the red light on the power strip ?
Those need to be covered with tape or painted over. I'll paint them with the wife's nail polish. Just this little bit of light could cause a plant to hermie. Most likely wont, but not chancing it.

OK, the way I prep my 2 gal. for up-potting / germination. 1st I fill a Solid cup with soil. Then I fill the bottom of the 2 gallon pot with soil till I can set the cup in the pot & it sticks up just a little over the 2 gallon pot. Then fill around it with soil & pack tightly. Pour water through till you get run off & pack down around the cup. Let drain an hour or so. When you pull the solid cup out you'll have a perfect hole to set your germination cup in.
9-50.JPG
9-51.JPG
9-52.JPG
Nice! Im keeping this in mind for my next grow.

The 5x5 looks huge. Im tossing up another tent or given it's a windowless room just Mylar the walls and turn the whole room into a grow space. I have some t5s I could utilise if I don't go the tent route. Great setup btw. I will be getting the oil pans and fridge shelves asap. My baby humidifier isn't going to cut it either I'm filling it up 10000x a day.
Oil Drain Pans = $1 at the dollar store. Closet shelving (12" x 10') = $10 Home Depot.

Yes I know several people who use Hydrton or Perlite in the bottom of their buckets. I guess it depends on how dense your soil is. I get good run off with FFOF so no need to add anything.
That's one hell of a dehumidifier if it can soak up 20% run off that fast.

Here's an interesting read I came across that deals with Room Temps vs. Leaf Temp that I had mentioned earlier in the journal. Those of you using LED's that have higher room temps should read this over so you don't worry about the temps as much.

Back
Top Bottom