Conradino23 Keeps On Keeping On Outdoor & Indoor Using LOS/High Brix Methods

I just got my pyrethrin! I'll spray before they go to sleep!

GL I've not tried that stuff myself.
Yea some strains are really resistant to them bastards. Kind of strange. Once you get them gone,, you need to be careful about dragging plants around. I like to veg my girls outdoors this time of year. But I always treat plants as if they have them before I bring them inside. Damn bugs can hitchhike in on your shoes even. Some places have more it seems than others. I never dealt with mites, lost a crop to caterpillers once, until I went indoors. Outdoors,, Mother Nature helps keep them in check,, but indoors, we done away with all that, and made a perfect environment for them suckers to explode. But as long as you get them out,, you have to keep them out.

But GL I hope that stuff works. Myself,, I like azamax. for my first round. It's a neem product. Stuff seems alittle more refined that straight neem oil and stays suspended in water better. . I got a round going in in a week or so. So time to get them ready and give them a good spraying like 3 days prior and then when I bring them in I'll use this Green Cleaner spray. It is a wash and kills mites and PM spores. . Hopefully, that will hold them for 60 days. Knock on Wood.

Yeah I know, what a fuck-up! I go back to growing indoor and on my first run I get mites, which I never saw in my life. I need to get more light in there, I feel like this might prevent them from coming back better than other means. We'll see what this stuff does. If I can get all the adults, then I just pick all the leaves with eggs before they hatch and I should be mite free. I think I'm gonna do neem oil drench to all my air-pots when I'm done to stay on the safe side.

I've just checked on WQ like I did yesterday and I'm happy to report that population dwindled down by 90%. I found only one tiny leaf with a couple of eggs and very few mites. I put the leaf on my piping hot windowsill and enjoyed how they suffered from the heat and sun exposure :)

Yeah I know, what a fuck-up! I go back to growing indoor and on my first run I get mites, which I never saw in my life. I need to get more light in there, I feel like this might prevent them from coming back better than other means. We'll see what this stuff does. If I can get all the adults, then I just pick all the leaves with eggs before they hatch and I should be mite free. I think I'm gonna do neem oil drench to all my air-pots when I'm done to stay on the safe side.

I've just checked on WQ like I did yesterday and I'm happy to report that population dwindled down by 90%. I found only one tiny leaf with a couple of eggs and very few mites. I put the leaf on my piping hot windowsill and enjoyed how they suffered from the heat and sun exposure :)
oh man that's brutal conrad kill them fffs!

Hey Con, my one and only battle with mites was a few grows ago.
Too far into flowering to spray, so I dealt with them by leaf removal as I spotted them.
Worked ok, but I think the yield suffered a bit.

I think they came in when I brought an outdoor pollen loaded cola to stud up a WW.
All I got was the mites, not a seed to be seen. :(

Lesson learned; keep the outside stuff outside and I don't even peek in on the indoor garden until after I have changed clothes.

Yeah I know, what a fuck-up! I go back to growing indoor and on my first run I get mites, which I never saw in my life. I need to get more light in there, I feel like this might prevent them from coming back better than other means.

Maybe this is part of the reason people are having good success with the super high intensity homebrew LED set ups?

Once you get up to 50-60 watts per square foot...maybe the bugs don't like that while the plants will thrive on it?

I've gotten mites under my big lights before. They don't really like lights, so they hide underneath the leafs. And run around after dark. Kind of like me..........

oh man that's brutal conrad kill them fffs!

Oh I'm gonna kill them dead!

Like the Wizard of Oz and the wicked witch melting.....

They don't stand a chance. I'm very determined now!

Hey Con, my one and only battle with mites was a few grows ago.
Too far into flowering to spray, so I dealt with them by leaf removal as I spotted them.
Worked ok, but I think the yield suffered a bit.

I think they came in when I brought an outdoor pollen loaded cola to stud up a WW.
All I got was the mites, not a seed to be seen. :(

Lesson learned; keep the outside stuff outside and I don't even peek in on the indoor garden until after I have changed clothes.

I think it's quite effective actually if you do it on a daily basis and your plants have a lot foliage to spare. Once I started looking mainly for eggs and plucking very leaf they laid them under the battle became much more effective. I don't know exactly how they crawled in, but there are a few possibilities.

Maybe this is part of the reason people are having good success with the super high intensity homebrew LED set ups?

Once you get up to 50-60 watts per square foot...maybe the bugs don't like that while the plants will thrive on it?

I think the amount of light in your tent is a big part of keeping it clean.

I've gotten mites under my big lights before. They don't really like lights, so they hide underneath the leafs. And run around after dark. Kind of like me..........

Mad my day :rofl:

:rofl: I like the way you think!

Thx :)

Maybe if I leave a video of Conrad incinerating them playing in my tent then they will run in fear!:rip:

I might become a meme :)

Good to hear you're winning the war. Ever figure out how they got in? :peace:

Yeah it really feels good. Yesterday I sprayed SS, cause she's the culprit here. If not for her the tent would be clean. Tomorrow I'm gonna clean her with pure water and that's that. However when I took her out for inspection another problem popped up right at front of my eyes! She's started throwing nanners at the bottom! Considering what I've done to her, it must be stress related, although genetics surely plays a big part here too.

As far as mites are concerned they either got there with compost or on my flip-flops when I walked there right after I came back from my garden. It's quite stressful run, but SS should finish earlier than the other plants, so I keep it under control and chop her as soon as I see mature trichs.

It seem the battle is almost over. Pyretherin killed 80% of them and I picked the rest by hand. Then I washed the buds with pure water and dried them in the sun. I had to spray WQ too a bit, but mostly bottom leaves. One thing I have to say is that this stuff breaks down quickly and washes off easily :thumb:

What product did you use that had that as the active ingredient if you don’t mind me asking. I went to the Tractor supply down the rd and they had a name brand product....can’t remember the name...not sure why...:smokin:anyway..one of the ways it is sold is in in a can that disperses the product as a fog. Not like a full blown fogger that will empty the whole can but one that just sprays out like a fog when u push the button. Thought that may do good as far as even coverage hopefully using less volume of the chemical. My thoughts anyway. Lol. Didn’t buy it but wanted to know I could go get something if needed. Gonna give this Neem one more application before I do anything else. Haven’t seen any signs of the a-holes in a few days tho so maybe the first dose did the trick.

The product I bought is called Copyr, but it's an Italian one, so it might be hard to get in US :)

The product I bought is called Copyr, but it's an Italian one, so it might be hard to get in US :)

I pick up the Garden Safe brand spray. It's got .02% Py in it. I chose it because it was the highest percentage of Py of the available options. I pick it up at homer, but you can find it everywhere. Plus, it's got some other stuff in it to take care of the occasional moth that's attracted to my lights.

I was pleasantly surprised considering how shitty this plant was

Words that echo thru the halls over time. So common. The toughest plants always seem to yield better herb. Many growers stress plants in various ways to achieve this goal.

Back
Top Bottom