Cooking with The Chronic

Aw nice P! I've been considering trying to make a night gummy. We're both having broken sleep. Melatonin + thc = a good night sleep sounds good to me!
I'll throw together a decent tutorial post here when I find some free time. Been crazy busy at work, but need to make a batch for the Mrs. anyhow.

Gimme a couple days...
:passitleft:

Anyone interested in seeing this thread revived?

I am. I continue to struggle with getting the right dose in an edible that isn't hundreds of calories. I'm hoping with your and @Lady Cannafan reviving your old cooking threads, I look forward to figuring this out.

Have you considered using capsules or sugar free jello if gummies are more palatable?

I am no longer using capsules since I have to take a minimum of 15 capsules to reach my dose. It's easier just adding the oil to a drink or food so that's what I'm currently doing. On the days I get high, I take 5 teaspoons of canna-infused oil. It along with the oil I take for other issues comes to about 280 calories altogether for the day.

The treats I made last time were 415 calories each and had ~333 mg of THC per cookie.

I am no longer using capsules since I have to take a minimum of 15 capsules to reach my dose. It's easier just adding the oil to a drink or food so that's what I'm currently doing. On the days I get high, I take 5 teaspoons of canna-infused oil. It along with the oil I take for other issues comes to about 280 calories altogether for the day.

The treats I made last time were 415 calories each and had ~333 mg of THC per cookie.
You can always make stronger oil...

If you make a batch of oil & it is not potent enough, decarb more bud and run the same oil a second time with fresh flower.

Rinse & repeat until you get the potency you want.

Disclaimer: after 2-3 runs, the oil will taste like shit, but works fine with capsules.

My oil is always run 3-4 times with a hefty dose of flower in each run.

If your oil is adding a lot of calories you might want to work on figuring out how to best use your press, since you can make oil a lot more concentrated if you're starting with just the THC rather than the flowers.

Have you had your oil tested?

One thing I do for my son is to make dry ice kief, decarb it, and then pack it directly into capsules. I can get about 30 mg THC into one cap.

I'm trying an experiment.
The first edibles I made were chocolates made with decarbed bud dumped into melted chocolate chips. Gritty texture, but a nice high.
Now, I'm trying melting higher quality chocolate, and adding 1.5ml of infused coconut oil.
They're in the fridge now.
20231106_121804.jpg
20231106_122718.jpg
20231106_115738.jpg
20231106_121811.jpg

If your oil is adding a lot of calories you might want to work on figuring out how to best use your press, since you can make oil a lot more concentrated if you're starting with just the THC rather than the flowers.

I can't get our press to make rosin. I've tried multiple times with no luck.

Have you had your oil tested?

No. I've just submitted bud so far.

The chocolates are strong, lol.
Luckily they're not too strong. I used a syringe, and 1.5ml of oil per chocolate is the right dose.
I just need to keep the chocolate melted for a bit longer, and mix the coconut oil in for longer. It has a tendency to separate.
20231106_132505.jpg

I melted them back down (and added oil to make up for the one I missed 😆), and after stirring it all for a while I re-poured them. They didn't separate as much that time.
Nicely high for a couple of hours before a good night's sleep, and a nice change of pace from gummies and shortbread cookies.

Luckily they're not too strong. I used a syringe, and 1.5ml of oil per chocolate is the right dose.
I just need to keep the chocolate melted for a bit longer, and mix the coconut oil in for longer. It has a tendency to separate.
20231106_132505.jpg

I melted them back down (and added oil to make up for the one I missed 😆), and after stirring it all for a while I re-poured them. They didn't separate as much that time.
Nicely high for a couple of hours before a good night's sleep, and a nice change of pace from gummies and shortbread cookies.
I'm drooling. LOL What kind of coconut oil? Refined or unrefined?
Nummmmmmyyyy.

I'm drooling. LOL What kind of coconut oil? Refined or unrefined?
Nummmmmmyyyy.
Lol, I had to go check!
Refined, and I used an MB2 to infuse it.
I forgot the lecithin though. That might have something to do with it separating. I'll be doing this again, although with how much the Lindt costs I'll probably go with something more local.
Lots of "artisanal" stuff available these days.

Lol, I had to go check!
Refined, and I used an MB2 to infuse it.
I forgot the lecithin though. That might have something to do with it separating. I'll be doing this again, although with how much the Lindt costs I'll probably go with something more local.
Lots of "artisanal" stuff available these days.
Thanks, I was sure you had used refined coco oil. I can't afford that Lindt too often, that's for sure. :laugh:

20231106_132505.jpg

Dark Chocolate is healthier for you and has anti- oxidants but whatever your preference is the only thing that matters. Some people don’t like it. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

Someone gave me a bar of the 90% Cocoa, OMG that was soooo bitter. LOL
And was just thinking, @Melville Hobbes , you could melt some of that and pour it over ice cream for a nice "shell". I'm hungry now. 😝
I tried the 99% once, lol!
I've only ever seen it for sale once, a long time ago. And I understand why.

Dark Chocolate is healthier for you and has anti- oxidants but whatever your preference is the only thing that matters. Some people don’t like it. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
You know, I read somewhere that the original study used milk chocolate rather than dark.
When I was a kid I couldn't stand dark chocolate. That didn't change until I started drinking coffee.

Back
Top Bottom